Thread: Combine/merge glitch

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Combine/merge glitch

I recently, successfully, finally, combined balances from two separate TF branded phones. The CSR, who was inexplicetly slow, made a pretty big mistake which I pointed out to himand he basially sad, "Oh well." I ended up with triple my balances and an expiration that I am almost certain will outlast me. I thought of calling corporate and explaining,but a couple of forum members talked me out of it. My question is would it be good idea for me to drop that phone from my account to lessen the chance of being discovered?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Moto E5, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    My question is would it be good idea for me to drop that phone from my account to lessen the chance of being discovered?
    If TF ever decides to take back your "windfall", they'll do it against the phone whether the phone is in your account or not.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    "nuff said, thanx."

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Did you get a copy and paste of the Chat session, including its reference number... containing the admission by the Tracfone employee that it was their mistake alone and that they were not going to fix it? That would be very useful for your case, if and when needed.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4, Samsung J7 Neo.
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Page Plus, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If TF ever decides to take back your "windfall", they'll do it against the phone whether the phone is in your account or not.
    Yeah but will they screw with the "other" phones on the account? Thats what I'd be most afraid of.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Yeah but will they screw with the "other" phones on the account? Thats what I'd be most afraid of.
    Although no reports in the current years, in the past the Fraud department went after all phones in all sister companies when they were sure of fraud.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Did you get a copy and paste of the Chat session, including its reference number... containing the admission by the Tracfone employee that it was their mistake alone and that they were not going to fix it? That would be very useful for your case, if and when needed.
    Yes I did,here is the end of that 3 hour ordeal. I always copy and paste, because the email is not dependble, but this one was.
    Joe : It shows here that the phone has 3986 minutes for voice minutes, 6669 units for text and 2.13 GB of data.
    You : And the expiration ?
    Joe : That will be on 05/20/2044.
    You : I have to tell you that the minutes and text and data are higher than they should be
    Joe : I understand that, but the is the information provided when I checked the balance.
    You : OK I just dont want to have trouble later on with Tracfone office.
    Joe : I understand that.
    Joe : Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
    You : No I thank you for your time and patience.
    Joe : You are welcome and you as well.
    Joe : If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.
    Joe : Hope you have a wonderful day.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Yes I did,here is the end of that 3 hour ordeal. I always copy and paste, because the email is not dependble, but this one was.
    Joe : It shows here that the phone has 3986 minutes for voice minutes, 6669 units for text and 2.13 GB of data.
    You : I have to tell you that the minutes and text and data are higher than they should be
    Joe : I understand that, but the is the information provided when I checked the balance.
    Joe : If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.
    Comical
    Looks like you have 159 minutes, 267 text, & 87 Mb per year for the next 25 years - enjoy !

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    At 72 yrs of age, I best use them inutes up faster than that!!.

Feedback Score
    It's your reward for spending 3 hours on the phone with them. I'd say you earned it.

Feedback Score
    Joe? That is the name he came up with? How original.

Feedback Score
    At 72 yrs of age, I best use them minutes up faster than that!!.
    You could always have yourself duplicated when the time comes.

Name:  kirkgif.gif
Views: 156
Size:  1.91 MB

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Been there, did that....

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)