Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Freedompop account suspended

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    I had used up all of my monthly allowance and was already using a little top-up credit before the new cycle started. All in all I used about $0.80. Only 17 cents when the glitch happened. No big deal.
    Oh, okay. That's a little different. I never use 100% of the free allowance; I usually stop using each SIM with between 7MB and 4MB remaining of the free allowance. Also, I have noticed on my FP free accounts that the time of day for the account cycle reset is almost never the same, so perhaps that was part of the issue you experienced.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried to login to http://my.freedompop.com on a desktop. When I see that my account has been suspended, I log into that. I get a dialog saying your device has been inactive for a long time. Press this button to reactivate the account. I do that and the message goes away.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    Have you tried to login to http://my.freedompop.com on a desktop. When I see that my account has been suspended, I log into that. I get a dialog saying your device has been inactive for a long time. Press this button to reactivate the account. I do that and the message goes away.
    I think that's a different issue. For me, and maybe also for haymeadowfield, it was a message across the top of https://my.freedompop.com/overview . But in my case, it didn't affect the usage of my account.

Feedback Score
    Can't believe people are still pimping themselves out for a little bit of data, especially with ultra cheap data (not to mention unlimited talk a with real cell number) on other providers, no credit card on file needed, but to each their own...

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Just to clarify - I have a cell phone on another service with talk, text, data that I use on a regular basis. This FP sim is in a tablet that is mainly used to download books for reading, check email occasionally when I haven't checked it on my laptop or looking something up on the web. I usually do NOT go over the allotted data each month. It works for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Can't believe people are still pimping themselves out for a little bit of data, especially with ultra cheap data (not to mention unlimited talk a with real cell number) on other providers, no credit card on file needed, but to each their own...
    It is certainly less worthwhile now that the data is only 200 MB rather than 700. I got mine before it cost anything to get the plan to actually be free. I probably wouldn't bother now. I only use it as emergency data in our tablets.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @sharp, I have one free account with 500GB on att's lte service, so a total of 550 mb. It's worth while to keep that sim going on a test/rarely used phone. I call it my craigslist phone. So as not to confuse things, I keep a separate gv # just for CL purposes. Keeps the spam and noise down.

I have 2 other 250 gb sim's that are used in test devices. Overall, free is still free until it becomes too much of a hassle.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My iPad still has the 550 MB plan. With $3.99/mo, I have over 3 GB built up. Worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app
    link to ultra cheap data provider?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2