Thread: G6 Plus VZW prepaid.

Feedback Score

G6 Plus VZW prepaid.

Hey everyone quick question. I have a new LG G6 Plus on Verizon prepaid. Its not a Verizon branded phone. I want to upgrade my plan to unlimited. With this being a unlocked non Verizon branded phone would I be able to use mobile hotspot with out it blocking me? Any help would be great. Thank you everyone.

Sent from my LGUS997 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecoolguy17 View Post
    Hey everyone quick question. I have a new LG G6 Plus on Verizon prepaid. Its not a Verizon branded phone. I want to upgrade my plan to unlimited. With this being a unlocked non Verizon branded phone would I be able to use mobile hotspot with out it blocking me? Any help would be great. Thank you everyone.
    VZW prepaid unlimited data plan doesn't support the mobile hotspot.

Feedback Score
    I know it doesn't support it. But I dont have a vzw branded phone so was hoping I can still turn it on and use it.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I know it doesn't support it. But I dont have a vzw branded phone so was hoping I can still turn it on and use it.
    I assume the hotspot is currently working on whatever plan you're currently on? When you enable your hotspot now do you see a quick window that says "checking subscription status. Please wait?" If so, I doubt it would work natively.

Is your phone rooted? My guess is you'd need a third-party app like PdaNet+ or something similar.

Feedback Score
    I know it doesn't support it. But I dont have a vzw branded phone so was hoping I can still turn it on and use it. Sent from my LGUS997 using HoFo mobile app
    even though your phone is unlocked, it still checks for a subscription check for hotspot use. you would need to root your phone and edit the prop file. or use something like fox fi or pda-net

Feedback Score

So you want to scam the system? The pan doesn't include hotspot. If you want an unlimited plan with hotspot get postpaid.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys just wanted to hotspot once. Not scamming system.

Feedback Score
    If the phone is not branded by any carrier, the hotspot may work. Have you tried it?

My unbranded Moto G6 hotspot works fine with Tracfone-Verizon.

Feedback Score
    I haven't tried it I didn't wabt to upgrade if didn't work Other people on here think I'm trying to scam. Thank you for that

Feedback Score
    I haven't tried it I didn't wabt to upgrade if didn't work Other people on here think I'm trying to scam. Thank you for that
    If it works on a limited plan, it should work on an unlimited plan. Verizon will be able to detect that you are hotspotting. They may warn you or suspend or terminate your account. That is almost guaranteed if you do a lot. I do not know the Terms of Service for Vz Prepaid unlimited.

Feedback Score
    It was only for one day a week for a few weekends

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    If the phone is not branded by any carrier, the hotspot may work. Have you tried it? My unbranded Moto G6 hotspot works fine with Tracfone-Verizon.
    my moto G5s plus is unlocked & not branded by any carrier and it still checks for hotspot subscription. i believe tracfone Verizon allows hotspot use but not advertise it.