Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Does AT&T Still block VoLTE and wifi calling on unlocked Android devices?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
    There is confusion here. There are the U versions of the phones and the U1 versions of the recent Samsungs. The U versions were originally carrier phones, and if unlocked, will load the software and configuration of the sim card in the phone. So, a T-mobile phone becomes an AT&T phone just by changing the sim and rebooting. The U1 versions, which were sold factory unlocked do not perform that trick, and remain an unbranded, unlocked phone that will not work with AT&T VOLTE or Wifi.
    Yes, there is a lot of confusion here in these forums.

My S9+ u1 version does indeed enable WiFi calling and VoLTE using both my prepaid and postpaid AT&T sim cards on Pie. I can only get AT&T at my house using WiFi calling so please explain how I am getting WiFi calling on my factory unlocked S9+ if it's not possible to activate. This was not possible to do on Oreo, only on Pie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    The pie update, when release for the U1 should enable volte and vowifi. If you load the ATT pie firmware, I've read that volte and vowifi work without any loopholes. Google has been implementing all the ims settings in pie.

Sent from my SM-N960U 6GB aka Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    Yes, there is a lot of confusion here in these forums.

My S9+ u1 version does indeed enable WiFi calling and VoLTE using both my prepaid and postpaid AT&T sim cards on Pie. I can only get AT&T at my house using WiFi calling so please explain how I am getting WiFi calling on my factory unlocked S9+ if it's not possible to activate. This was not possible to do on Oreo, only on Pie.
    Seems like I'll have to stand corrected if Pie has enabled wifi and VOLTE on the U1 versions. Since it hasn't been released outside of the Beta yet, I had not seen this. @hexonxonx are you running the Beta, or did you flash an AT&T Pie software on a U1 phone?

Feedback Score
    Seems like I'll have to stand corrected if Pie has enabled wifi and VOLTE on the U1 versions. Since it hasn't been released outside of the Beta yet, I had not seen this. @hexonxonx are you running the Beta, or did you flash an AT&T software on a U1 phone?
    I have a U1 Note 9 and run beta pie on it. No VoLTE or wifi calling. Hoping the stable has it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    I have a U1 Note 9 and run beta pie on it. No VoLTE or wifi calling. Hoping the stable has it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    I have an unlocked T-Mobile Note 9 running pie and have VoLTE and WiFi calling on it with AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Seems like I'll have to stand corrected if Pie has enabled wifi and VOLTE on the U1 versions. Since it hasn't been released outside of the Beta yet, I had not seen this. @hexonxonx are you running the Beta, or did you flash an AT&T Pie software on a U1 phone?
    I'm not sure what version is is, the file wasn't labeled and there was a direct link to the download on the S9 Reddit. Pie is now universal meaning it boots into the carrier version of the firmware that your sim card is from just like Oreo was on the Note 8 and S8.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    VoLTE works with an AT&T SIM on my One Plus 6T but VoWifi does not which is running Pie.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    VoLTE works with an AT&T SIM on my One Plus 6T but VoWifi does not which is running Pie.
    In the *#*#4636#*#* menu, see if you can manually enable it.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3
    Feedback Score
    I have a unlocked Pixel 3 XL that I bought directly from Google. I was using an iPhone X and used that SIM in the Pixel. VoLTE and WiFi calling worked but the hotspot feature did not. I called Cust Svc and all they had to do was update the IMEI. Works now.

Device(s)
    Samung S9 Plus Factory unlocked OnePlus 6T Galaxy tab A GSM
    Carrier(s)
    TMOBILE USA ,ORANGE SPAIN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    I have an unlocked S9+ running Pie. VoLTE and wifi calling work on it with my AT&T Sim. The Pune reboots into the AT&T firmware and everything works perfectly. Improved battery life as well.
    When you say unlocked is that factory unlocked from samsung or is it a carrier unlocked sim you have

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    In the *#*#4636#*#* menu, see if you can manually enable it.

Yes. Its enabled in that menu as well as in the SIM settings menu but there isn't a wifi calling icon showing in the drop down. I even tried turning on Airplane Mode and then turned wifi on but calls won't go through. I dunno.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman1450 View Post
    When you say unlocked is that factory unlocked from samsung or is it a carrier unlocked sim you have
    Factory unlocked.

Feedback Score
    Yes. Its enabled in that menu as well as in the SIM settings menu but there isn't a wifi calling icon showing in the drop down. I even tried turning on Airplane Mode and then turned wifi on but calls won't go through. I dunno.
    did you try the suggestions here - https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1063258

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    See if you can find the wifi calling apk for at&t. Might just need to download the app.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Not working

Feedback Score
    OP here. I entered *#*#4636#*#* and noticed VoLTE was provisioned, wifi calling NOT provisioned and greyed out (cannot turn on). So, this means VoLTE is working and wifi calling is not working, correct? Call quality is excellent, it does sound like VoLTE.

Would it be worth a call to Consumer Cellular to ask for wifi calling to be provisioned? To clarify, LG G6 is being used on that MVNO through the AT&T network.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast