Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Does AT&T Still block VoLTE and wifi calling on unlocked Android devices?

Feedback Score
    No you will get VoLTE but no WiFi calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Purchase an unlocked unbranded Samsung. Problem solved.

Need to carrier finance? Look for a phone within your means.
    Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    No you will get VoLTE but no WiFi calling.
    It's so spiteful of AT&T to enable IMS on unbranded devices but then just block WiFi calling.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL, Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A), GNote 4 (SM-N910A), OnePlus One (US Edition)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Current), VZW (2014), Boost Mobile (2010)
    Feedback Score
    So.....someone woke up to their OnePlus 5T having VoLTE.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comment...s_on_att_what/
    Quote Originally Posted by WishIWasHer View Post
    CSD was rarely used, and was before they started referring to cell phone technology in G's. This G stuff really started with 3G coverage and its because the 2nd iPhone was called the iPhone 3G. That's where cell phone tech got the G's from. The G stands for Gigs and the number is the number of Gigs the signal is.
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    Oh boy....
    Quote Originally Posted by AttData View Post
    My thoughts exactly...

Feedback Score
    A few BYOD Android phones now have VoLTE. No WiFi calling. Wake up AT&T. Verizon and T-mobile do.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL, Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A), GNote 4 (SM-N910A), OnePlus One (US Edition)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Current), VZW (2014), Boost Mobile (2010)
    Feedback Score
    A few BYOD Android phones now have VoLTE. No WiFi calling. Wake up AT&T. Verizon and T-mobile do.

Pixel 3 and up (that includes the 3a, and the 4) all have VoLTE and WiFi Calling. For the record, not every BYOD on Verizon supports WiFi Calling, and Verizon won't let just any device on their network. Try to swap SIMs with a non-whitelisted device and report back to me.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    When I was on the tablet plan, I made voice calls via Hangouts on LTE with my original Pixel. Only time I had a drop call problem was when I was talking to Sprint CS. Otherwise, worked extremely well and that was my voice connection for over a year.

Sent from my Pixel using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Still no wifi calling or VOLTE on my S9+

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotg6 View Post
    Historically this was the case. However, internet searches have a lot of old results that may be outdated. And lots of people think AT&T will eventually stop doing this. Device is unlocked LG G6, model us997.
    Yes, it is still the case.
    Not att branded phone still cannot get VoLTE on att network

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Recently purchased a G7 Power and while making phone calls, noticed more treble and clarity in the call. Turned off WiFi and LTE remained and the "H" didn't appear as in my previous phones. Would this indicate LTE calling is activated on my device?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by werinshades View Post
    Recently purchased a G7 Power and while making phone calls, noticed more treble and clarity in the call. Turned off WiFi and LTE remained and the "H" didn't appear as in my previous phones. Would this indicate LTE calling is activated on my device?
    try looking in your phones settings to see if the VoLTE setting is there. or try dialing *#*#4636#*#* a secret menu should show, select phone information and scroll down and you should see some provisioning switches for VoLTE WIFI Calling ect.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try looking in your phones settings to see if the VoLTE setting is there. or try dialing *#*#4636#*#* a secret menu should show, select phone information and scroll down and you should see some provisioning switches for VoLTE WIFI Calling ect.
    Thanks for the information. Under VoLTE provisioned it's turned on so I'll assume it's active. WiFi calling is not, and can't change the setting as it's grayed out.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by werinshades View Post
    Thanks for the information. Under VoLTE provisioned it's turned on so I'll assume it's active. WiFi calling is not, and can't change the setting as it's grayed out.
    Sadly not surprising, but really idiotic, since they have Wi-Fi calling for the otherwise identical G7 Supra on Cricket.

Feedback Score
    This well documented BS on the part of AT&T. They won't allow BYOD Android devices capable of using VoLTE and WIFI calling to use it. This is not an issue with T-mobile and Verizon. You should not have to flash carrier firmware. People buy factory unlocked for a reason, so the phone is not tied to a carrier and to eliminate carrier bloatware. I moved a line to Spectrum which is Verizon because I need WiFi calling. AT&T really needs to get with the program.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This well documented BS on the part of AT&T. They won't allow BYOD Android devices capable of using VoLTE and WIFI calling to use it. This is not an issue with T-mobile and Verizon. You should not have to flash carrier firmware. People buy factory unlocked for a reason, so the phone is not tied to a carrier and to eliminate carrier bloatware. I moved a line to Spectrum which is Verizon because I need WiFi calling. AT&T really needs to get with the program.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app
    MotoG7 Power..purchased unlocked..VoLTE active.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Supposedly, by the end of the year, all unlocked devices will have VoLTE, but not necessarily VoWiFi. Verizon does VoLTE but not VoWiFi. T-Mobile does both, but USCC has issues with their system that prevent unbranded devices from roaming, so you take a huge coverage hit. Unlocked Android doesn't work well on any carrier unfortunately.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast