Thread: Netgear Nighthawk M1 LTE Mobile Hotspot Router MR1100; Battery In Or Out On AC Power?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Netgear Nighthawk M1 LTE Mobile Hotspot Router MR1100; Battery In Or Out On AC Power?

As posted above, if you are using a Netgear Nighthawk M1 LTE Mobile Hotspot Router MR1100, and have it plugged in to external power, do you leave the battery in the device or remove it? I know that it will operate with the battery remove from it, I am just wondering what would be the most compelling reasons to leave it on vs, leaving it out of the device?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I’m lazy and leave the battery in, I figure if it goes bad that’s what mobile device insurance is for, plus it’s quicker for me to grab and run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I drank what?!?!?!?
    ---------------------------------------

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've gone both ways. You'll need the battery in if you don't have it connected to a higher wattage power supply (I want to say 5 watts). Without the battery, the unit draws more power and it can possibly power cycle while operating. (I noticed it one night while trying to troubleshoot the connection... the unit was power cycling. Come to discover that the power supply wasn't sufficient for running it without the battery.)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I use both my nighthawks without batteries. You do need a good usb power supple. If I try to power it from the usb port of my WRT1900AC it will boot up and run but will not provide a stable internet connection. With a 2A power supple it works flawlessly.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    As posted above, if you are using a Netgear Nighthawk M1 LTE Mobile Hotspot Router MR1100, and have it plugged in to external power, do you leave the battery in the device or remove it? I know that it will operate with the battery remove from it, I am just wondering what would be the most compelling reasons to leave it on vs, leaving it out of the device?

I think this is discussed in the Nighthawk thread. A good number of folks leave it out.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have 3 of them and leave the battery in all of them. No problems here. I consider it a battery back up in case of external power loss.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    One that powers my place in a marginal signal area battery is out, sister left her battery in for a while and it overheats to where it won’t charge. Mine used to do that too, it definitely gets too hot. I have this fan under mine, it helps a lot:

AC Infinity MULTIFAN S5, Quiet Dual 80mm USB Fan for Receiver DVR Playstation Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IJ2J2K0..._mcmECbBXMDQ4X

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I recently got myself a new Synology Router, RT2600, and it supports USB to Nighthawk tethering natively. Effectively a total of 3 wan connections but can only use 2 at a time.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/compa...4g_dongles&p=1

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  21.7 KBName:  Capture1.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  16.5 KB
    iPhone Xs Max , At&t Unlimited Plus Austin, TX .................... Grande 1000/50, $69.99/month

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleartx View Post
    I recently got myself a new Synology Router, RT2600, and it supports USB to Nighthawk tethering natively. Effectively a total of 3 wan connections but can only use 2 at a time.

All I did was hook my nighthawk into 2 different switches. No need for another router.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleartx View Post

I am playing around with some Peplink stuff now... four WAN options running simultaneously... cellular, WiFi as WAN, ethernet, usb