Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How much longer will Xfinity Mobile last?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy J3 Aura
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, US Cellular
    Feedback Score

How much longer will Xfinity Mobile last?

Just curious. Doesn't look like it's working out for them financially:

https://www.multichannel.com/news/co...in-1st-2-years

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Maybe they should open up the service to the public. Their wireless rates are pretty good but I will not sign up for any of their home services. Same with Charter. What I have now is really low priced and works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What i want is the same rates but without the requirement of needing Xfinity internet then id jump on it right now... Needing Xfinity home internet as a requirement killed it for lots of people including me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Not much of an issue for me if they shut down or raise rates.. I will simply move my wife back to Tracfone and be glad I saved some $$ while it lasted..

Feedback Score
    It is the other way around, paying for the cable/internet/streaming and discounted mobile and not the mobile with discounted streaming like AT&T.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy J3 Aura
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    What i want is the same rates but without the requirement of needing Xfinity internet then id jump on it right now... Needing Xfinity home internet as a requirement killed it for lots of people including me

I thought you could still get it without being an Xfinity customer but you'd have to pay another $10/month
    If they do pull the plug, I'll probably switch to US Cellular. I'm currently testing out their prepaid plan ($40/month) and so far I have coverage everywhere I go. USC's data speeds aren't great but it works for me (even on the extended network). Hoping XM stays afloat though.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caqz View Post
    I thought you could still get it without being an Xfinity customer but you'd have to pay another $10/month
    I tried signing up without internet service but wasn’t able to. Now that I have the 15 GB plan with Verizon prepaid, Xfinity mobile is no longer a better deal.

$48 for two lines on the 15 GB plan using discounted refills on eBay. That’s the best deal around.

Feedback Score
    You have to be a xfinity customer to sign up for xfinity mobile. But after that, you have the option to pay $10 to have just xfinity mobile by itself.

Feedback Score

Because the service is predicated on using wi-fi( via Xfinity hotspots ) first. Can't do that if you don't have Xfinity internet. They pay Verizon $5 per GB. So if you have unlimited and you use 20 GB they pay Verizon $100 how much do you pay Xfinity? $45. Yeah no wonder they lose money

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Because the service is predicated on using wi-fi( via Xfinity hotspots ) first. Can't do that if you don't have Xfinity internet. They pay Verizon $5 per GB. So if you have unlimited and you use 20 GB they pay Verizon $100 how much do you pay Xfinity? $45. Yeah no wonder they lose money
    It be ok if they use public Xfinity wifi but needing Xfinity wifi at your house as a requirement makes me and others not want their cellphone service.. makes $45 cellphone service turn into over $100 cell phone service... I don't get Xfinity internet at my house but would like $45 cellphone service they offer

Feedback Score
    It be ok if they use public Xfinity wifi but needing Xfinity wifi at your house as a requirement makes me and others not want their cellphone service.. makes $45 cellphone service turn into over $100 cell phone service... I don't get Xfinity internet at my house but would like $45 cellphone service they offer

The reason why it's $45 is that they can offset some of the data cost by using wi-fi. This service is wi-fi first then mobile data as back-up. If you get the majority of customers not using wi-fi then they could not keep the $45 price point

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    I tried signing up without internet service but wasn’t able to. Now that I have the 15 GB plan with Verizon prepaid, Xfinity mobile is no longer a better deal.

$48 for two lines on the 15 GB plan using discounted refills on eBay. That’s the best deal around.

My understanding is that, without Xfinity Internet, you can sign up if you go into an Xfinity Store; just that you cannot do it online. As was stated, it will be $10 per month per line extra.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    My understanding is that, without Xfinity Internet, you can sign up if you go into an Xfinity Store; just that you cannot do it online. As was stated, it will be $10 per month per line extra.
    At the extra $10 per month it's almost not worth it... At that point prepaid Verizon direct from Verizon is almost that price

Feedback Score
    As I recall, the point of X-Mo wasn't necessarily to make money. Comcast was bleeding subscribers because they were losing cable customers to cord-cutting, nobody has a home phone any more and competition for Internet service was getting tough. The real question is how successful is X-Mo at retaining subscribers.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmodlou View Post
    As I recall, the point of X-Mo wasn't necessarily to make money. Comcast was bleeding subscribers because they were losing cable customers to cord-cutting, nobody has a home phone any more and competition for Internet service was getting tough. The real question is how successful is X-Mo at retaining subscribers.
    I'll largely agree with this. I don't think Comcast is currently too worried about the loses that Xfinity Mobile is taking -- as an example, they wouldn't be offering a $250 gift card on sales of the new Galaxy S10, announced yesterday, if they were worried about making money. Instead, from what I've seen, they feel the losses are acceptable as they add new users to Xfinity Mobile, and for the increased retention it gives to their cable (both TV and Internet) services.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast