Thread: Android Tablet Data Only Plan?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Android Tablet Data Only Plan?

I'm currently on Cricket with my cell plan, but I'm looking for an unlimited data plan for an Android tablet. It doesn't have to be with Cricket. Is there such a thing like this?
    Thanks.
    Get the best in Fitness Training with Fitness Professionals!
    www.TopFitnessStrategies.com

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What about the $20 for 3 months Mint sim with 8gb a month,
    Not unlimited but CHEAP
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotex21 View Post
    I'm currently on Cricket with my cell plan, but I'm looking for an unlimited data plan for an Android tablet. It doesn't have to be with Cricket. Is there such a thing like this?
    Thanks.
    I have heard of an AT&T unlimited tablet plan for $30 a month. I don't personally know much about it.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotex21 View Post
    Thanks.
    buyasession att. Prepaid 29.99 unlimited

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What they said. There's a whole thread about it in the AT&T forum, just read from the bottom up to learn how to activate it. $30/mo, "unlimited" (22GB, but I've gone over and not seen the deprioritization happen in any meaningful way).
    Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817T on AT&T
    Galaxy S7 on StraightTalk (AT&T)

Device(s)
    Doogee S90, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone Pro, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,T-Mo,Sprint,KoKo,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    There is also the AT&T Mobley unlimited plan at $20 month that can be used in a mifi device or tablet rather than the car mifi Mobley (several hofo threads on this). Most recent is a Mopar tie in. Have a Mobley account running on an at&t liberate mifi.
    There are also unlimited Verizon prepaid plans now but I think that's $65/month.
    Agree on TrackVW comment on cheap TMo service on Mint...not unlimited but very good value...they would throttle after LTE used up or you could buy a LTE data pass for more. They do have a $5 trial sim kit if you wanted to try risk free for a week...they sell it in their website or you can get on eBay.

Sent from my BV8000Pro using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I was under the impression the Mobley plan was not only hard to get, but a pain to maintain?

What's nice about the AT&T iPad data plan is all you need is an AT&T-capable SIM, and it can even come from an MVNO (i.e., H20, ST, etc.) so the cost can be free/$1 to get started as it's all activated online.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kencrudup View Post
    I was under the impression the Mobley plan was not only hard to get, but a pain to maintain?

What's nice about the AT&T iPad data plan is all you need is an AT&T-capable SIM, and it can even come from an MVNO (i.e., H20, ST, etc.) so the cost can be free/$1 to get started as it's all activated online.
    Mobley plan has been working fine for me. Device died a year or two ago but AT&T gave me a free sim for spare mifi device I had in a drawer. Easy to maintain, just use MyATT app once a month to pay the bill and plug the mifi device into a charger when it runs low on juice.
    Ten bucks a month cheaper than iPad plan but both are a steal compared to old plans that charged ten dollars per gigabyte...used to have plans like that.

Sent from my BV8000Pro using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for the info guys. Perhaps it's time for me to change the plan.

Device(s)
    Huawei P20 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Mint Mobile offers such plans. If I am not mistaken it would cost about $30. Also you may compare plans on WhistleOut. Sometimes you can find really good deal.
    Best and worst brands, reviews from real customers - https://www.pissedconsumer.com/

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am sorry! I read all of it but still have question. So can I get only sim card without any internet data. I have xfinity mobil but even if I dont use any data I still have to pay for the first gig. It is not much but still money. Wanted smth for my daughter just to have phone to call her . Dont want her to have internet she is to young for that. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by EL8482 View Post
    I am sorry! I read all of it but still have question. So can I get only sim card without any internet data. I have xfinity mobil but even if I dont use any data I still have to pay for the first gig. It is not much but still money. Wanted smth for my daughter just to have phone to call her . Dont want her to have internet she is to young for that. Thanks.
    There are a few free options I can think of:

1. Freeup mobile is on AT&T and has a 1,000 minute or text free plan a month with no data. You need to renew the account once a month at no charge. Credit card does need to be on file.

2. Freedompop limited free plans on AT&T or Sprint. Shut off the data on the phone or give her a flip phone with little or no data capabilities. Lots of gotchas and aggressive attempts to upsell; read up on how to minimize or eliminate those. Or a prepaid one year service card bought at a department store.

3. Wifi only talk/text plans on TextNow (they have cheap plans on Sprint too).

4. If minimal talk/text, then maybe pay as you go on numerous resellers like H2O/AT&T at a nickel a minute, PagePlus/Verizon at 6 cents a minute, etc. Look at HoFo prepaid forums for latest on the various resellers.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If your signing up for the AT&T $29.99 plan, AT&T did announce not to long ago that that plan will go up $5 to $34.99 a month.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 100 Megs per second internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary and secondary carrier.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I have heard of an AT&T unlimited tablet plan for $30 a month. I don't personally know much about it.
    30$ for an Android tablet ?