Thread: Getting very frustrated with TMobile's rural (or lack of) coverage

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I'm staying out of all the debates but I will say,

1) tmobile rural is a work in progress. They have nationwide 600 that's being rolled out as it becomes available.
    2) tmobile is getting better, they still have work to do but are steadily getting better. All carriers have issues and none are perfect that's for sure

3) use what works for you and not worry about others

4) sure the uncarrier movement has slowed but I welcome the competition and hope tmobile keeps growing and improving. No reason to hate tmobile, without them prices would probably be a lot higher across the board

In the end we will end up with 3 viable carriers, pick your flavor

Call out a carrier when needed but life's too short to blast a carrier all the time.
    Agreed. Remember, this is a venue to help each other, it loses its usefulness whenever anyone goes non-linear if someone points out a legitimate issue and then engages in non-factual attacks and diversions, i.e. "sure there are rural issues but a lot of new customers were added."

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    Agreed. Remember, this is a venue to help each other, it loses its usefulness whenever anyone goes non-linear if someone points out a legitimate issue and then engages in non-factual attacks and diversions, i.e. "sure there are rural issues but a lot of new customers were added."

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Definitely.

Some areas tmobile needs to be called out on like maps and sim swap fees with metro etc. None of us should take it personal when an experience is bad from someone else

None of us can dispute the fact that tmobile has gotten better. It may not be enough in some areas yet for some to switch to them, but that's not a knock to them.

We all should give facts, experiences, and opinions and not get personal

These carriers aren't out first born child or anything. It's a business and none of them care a lick about whether out rent gets paid or not

With that said I like what tmobile is doing overall so I'm a fan in most ways
    Last edited by themanhimself; 02-27-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Huawei Mate 20 Pro
    Feedback Score
    I've never known that their coverage is so poor. Thanks for sharing!
    Check online reviews before buying your new gadget: https://www.pissedconsumer.com/categ...t-gadgets.html

Feedback Score
    I'm left wondering if some of the perceived slowdown of T-Mobile's expansion might be based on the proposed merger? I mean, why would they begin building out in certain areas when they might be acquiring coverage from Sprint? Also the consolidation of equipment between the two could be an issue for future expansion plans.

Now all the Verizon fans, you go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cutie_11 View Post
    I've never known that their coverage is so poor.
    Where exactly do you think its poor? You don't mention any specifics. I've driven through some of the most desolate, unpopulated areas and I've gotten some great coverage with high data speeds.

Some people post that T-Mobile only has coverage in urban areas and you need an "an active back-up phone" whenever you "travel out of urban areas". Such warnings completely ignore all of the thousands of square miles of barren areas that T-Mobile already covers. Its an example of complete misrepresentation under the guise of being "helpful".

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I'm left wondering if some of the perceived slowdown of T-Mobile's expansion might be based on the proposed merger? I mean, why would they begin building out in certain areas when they might be acquiring coverage from Sprint? Also the consolidation of equipment between the two could be an issue for future expansion plans.

Now all the Verizon fans, you go.
    I wouldn't blame TMobile for not building in those areas while the deal is pending. That's good business for sure.

Once the deal is sorted out one way or another they should come out swinging, or continue swinging

Feedback Score
    I'd like to think all the carriers of teams of analysts looking at places to expand. I also imagine they place some build out emphasis on areas of poor coverage by the competition. Then they can maximize their ad budgets to be more geographically focused for the most effect. If they can fill in the blanks, then the current high density users might be tempted to migrate.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to think all the carriers of teams of analysts looking at places to expand. I also imagine they place some build out emphasis on areas of poor coverage by the competition. Then they can maximize their ad budgets to be more geographically focused for the most effect. If they can fill in the blanks, then the current high density users might be tempted to migrate.
    Very true I agree

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Where exactly do you think its poor? You don't mention any specifics. I've driven through some of the most desolate, unpopulated areas and I've gotten some great coverage with high data speeds.

Some people post that T-Mobile only has coverage in urban areas and you need an "an active back-up phone" whenever you "travel out of urban areas". Such warnings completely ignore all of the thousands of square miles of barren areas that T-Mobile already covers. Its an example of complete misrepresentation under the guise of being "helpful".
    I agree. Back in the day yeah a backup was needed , but tmobile has really stepped up to the plate and added a lot of rural coversge

For me the coverage has rarely been a problem with tmobile and that continues to get better

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Perhaps, but Sprint and T-Mobile both have the same rural coverage issues because neither has been that interested in spending a lot of money trying to duplicate the coverage of AT&T or Verizon. The difference is that Sprint has allowed a lot of Verizon roaming while T-Mobile has dramatically cut back on AT&T roaming. Obviously this strategy has worked well for T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    Perhaps, but Sprint and T-Mobile both have the same rural coverage issues because neither has been that interested in spending a lot of money trying to duplicate the coverage of AT&T or Verizon. The difference is that Sprint has allowed a lot of Verizon roaming while T-Mobile has dramatically cut back on AT&T roaming. Obviously this strategy has worked well for T-Mobile.
    Actually TMobile didn't have lowband spectrum on the past to cover it. Hard to cover a area without it. Some areas have to wait for B71.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Actually TMobile didn't have lowband spectrum on the past to cover it. Hard to cover a area without it. Some areas have to wait for B71.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    I think they will do well with b71 and go back and fill in. A fast build at first and then go back

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They're definitely sprinkling new sites in the mix but there's more upgrade sites in the markets I'm in. I'm not completely sure what the ratio is but they might cut back on some new sites in anticipation of the merger and then create "new" sites when they go to integrate old Sprint sites with their gear.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I’m always so disappointed at the towing capacity of my Ferrari. For $180K it should be able to tow my boat right?

The moral of the story is use the right tool (network) for the job. They all have their advantages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    I’m always so disappointed at the towing capacity of my Ferrari. For $180K it should be able to tow my boat right?

The moral of the story is use the right tool (network) for the job. They all have their advantages.
    The big difference is that Ferrari never misled you buy advertising that their vehicles were suitable for towing boats.

The carriers, all the carriers, conflate the "number of people covered" with "coverage." It's highly misleading.
    "Nationwide Sprint Network reaches over 278 million people."
    "T-Mobile now covers 323 million people"
    "Our 4G LTE network now covers over 400 million people in North America" (AT&T)
    "We cover 326.5 million people" (Verizon)
    Attachment 161749

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast