Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Getting very frustrated with TMobile's rural (or lack of) coverage

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You bashing the T-Mobile giveaways has nothing to do with rural coverage. It just illustrates that your only reason to post here is to constantly criticize T-Mobile in every form and at every angle.
    The tacos are actually pretty good. And I'm sure he must eat them but he doesn't want to tell us.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    The tacos are actually pretty good. And I'm sure he must eat them but he doesn't want to tell us.
    Now that I'm on postpaid again ill have to try out the taco this Tuesday.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I can safely say that I have not eaten a Taco Bell taco in many many years. I do like the fish tacos from Rubio's, and on Tuesdays they are $1.75-2.00 each, regardless of which mobile carrier, if any, that you use.

Attachment 161819

The T-Mobile Taco Tuesday promotion is pretty smart for both companies. Very few people would go into a Taco Bell and just get the one free taco, they'll most likely be buying some additional food or beverages.

How this thread digressed from a discussion of rural coverage into a discussion about tacos is truly amazing, but the poster that first brought up the issue had a good point, it won't help you out in the boonies.
    Last edited by smsgator; 03-04-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    How this thread digressed from a discussion of rural coverage into a discussion about tacos is truly amazing.
    Amazing? Why because you couldn't stop making off-topic posts about T-Mobile's promotions such as this one:

Even a free taco every Tuesday isn't enough to get me to switch

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    The ignorance is strong with the NIMBY Tinfoil-Hat brigade.
    ...The NIMBY Tinfoil-Hat brigade is incapable of understanding that the power of cell emissions by the time it gets to the phone in our hand is ~ -75 dBm max. That is 0.000000000032 Watts. The phone they are holding next to their head is putting out about 0.6 Watts. The phone next to your head is exposing you to 19 billion times more RF than the cell. The cell is just nothing to worry about.
    As Monty Python aptly said, "And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space. Cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth."
    Well said.

I made that argument, but the masses don't seem to understand 1/r^2. I said that anyone who is actually concerned about any of this, that they should live buried underground in a concrete bunker surrounded by a Faraday Cage with no electrical devices of any kind in the bunker. There were no takers.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_73 View Post
    Well said.

I made that argument, but the masses don't seem to understand 1/r^2. I said that anyone who is actually concerned about any of this, that they should live buried underground in a concrete bunker surrounded by a Faraday Cage with no electrical devices of any kind in the bunker. There were no takers.
    I think that some people are convinced by the use of a field strength meter comparing emf from a phone versus from a cell tower. And perhaps the emf from their wi-fi devices and cordless phones.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_73 View Post
    Well said.

Inverse sq pretty much explains how radiation drops off rapidly with distance. With a phone even a few inches away from the head is multiple times less power. Most seem to over worry it seems. Take precautions is one thing but too much worry is another

I view it like a cone that when it spreads out further from the source the intensity drops

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Inverse sq pretty much explains how radiation drops off rapidly with distance. With a phone even a few inches away from the head is multiple times less power. Most seem to over worry it seems. Take precautions is one thing but too much worry is another

I view it like a cone that when it spreads out further from the source the intensity drops
    The inverse square law applies to point sources. The phone does not act like a point source until it is more than a few inches away - probably like a foot or so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    The inverse square law applies to point sources. The phone does not act like a point source until it is more than a few inches away - probably like a foot or so.
    You both bring up good points. When it comes to radiation distance is your friend. Plus this isn't X-ray like at the dentist where you need a lead vest

Phone radiation is much safer and weak and ionizing vs non-ionizing is a big difference

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    You both bring up good points. When it comes to radiation distance is your friend. Plus this isn't X-ray like at the dentist where you need a lead vest

Phone radiation is much safer and weak and ionizing vs non-ionizing is a big difference
    You aren't going to convince someone by explaining 1/r˛. You need to actually show them the levels of radiation from various sources, including their mobile phones, their Wi-Fi router, their cordless phones, etc., and then show them the levels near a cell tower. But even that may not be sufficient since logic doesn't come into play here.

Feedback Score
    You aren't going to convince someone by explaining 1/r˛. You need to actually show them the levels of radiation from various sources, including their mobile phones, their Wi-Fi router, their cordless phones, etc., and then show them the levels near a cell tower. But even that may not be sufficient since logic doesn't come into play here.
    True but the best advice is to not over worry about cell radiation

Unless I live right next to a cell tower there's plenty of more harmful radiation out there

A friend tans year round but is always worried about cell phone radiation. She subjects herself to much worse tanning all year. Shes white but literally looks hispanic. My grandmother was a born and raised 100% Mexican and my friend is much darker than me. The rest of me is a white country girl but the Mexican in me keeps me from having to tan

I tell her the tanning both is way worse for her than cell phones

Feedback Score
    As a practical matter I'm sure you are correct. Elementary school level show-and-tell would be more effective than discussions of a mathematical formula related to the area of a sphere.

Feedback Score
    I advise people to not bring up RF emissions because if a site is denied, even for an unrelated reason, then the carrier can claim that it was RF emissions that was the basis for the denial.
    Then we should make sure that there's always someone at these meetings and hearings to bring up cell radiation as a reason not to put up a tower or something. Make sure they are very vocal about it. And then under your idea of "then the carrier can claim that it was RF emissions that was the basis for the denial." we can have a lot less of the requests being denied for equally frivolous and ridiculous reasons that AREN'T just the one about radiation giving us germs.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13