Thread: Any decent vanilla Android phones smaller than 6" with a headphone jack for Verizon?

Device(s)
    Samsung u740
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Any decent vanilla Android phones smaller than 6" with a headphone jack for Verizon?

My Motorola G5 Plus has kinda gotten sluggish since the upgrade to Oreo, and I figure it's time to think of a new phone. My budget is $250-$300 with a little flex above $300, I'd like to keep it at no longer than 6.2" screen size (I like to carry it in my pocket with a case), and it has to support microSD. It needs to support bands 2, 4, and 13 for LTE. I'd like it to be running vanilla Android - as minimal carrier/manufacturer bloat as possible.

I don't do much gaming, and other than general smartphone stuff, I mostly use it for watching movies. I'd like to avoid the notch if I can since I don't know how various media player apps will work with it, but if a notch is a must, so be it.

It must have a headphone jack. I don't want to go wireless and I may want to charge and listen to headphones simultaneously.

I'd love it if it had a microUSB cable but I can live with USB-C if I have to move upwards in the cord world.

Any suggestions? The Umidigi F1 looks like it meets my needs, even if it's a bit of an unknown brand, but it's a bit big. I'd love a phone around the same size as the G5.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    B&H Photo & Video has a filtering system that will show you the phones you are looking for. 300 bucks seems a little light. if you can copy and paste that link, there it is. Otherwise, go to B & H and input your filters. If nothing else, you'll get some ideas.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/searc...&N=3955685938&

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The Moto G6 is 5.7 inches, has a headphone jack and USB-C - no NFC. They are about $200. I like mine ok for the price.

I prefer screens about 5 inches, but who is making them in a mainstream device.

IIRC, the new Moto G7s are all 6 inches or more.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What's the average cost for a mid-range phone right now?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for the info. Didn't realize $300 was tight for a phone. At least I have an idea now.