Thread: Autopay $5/line discount DOES apply when pulling from value on your account

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Post Autopay $5/line discount DOES apply when pulling from value on your account

EDIT: This was a tricky one. I apologize for the bad information. It turns out you get $5 credit balance adjustments that get added to your account at the same time, even though you get a text saying:

"Free VZW Message: There's a credit on your account. We applied $85.00 to your monthly plan." ($85 was the non-autopay price for my plans)

Many thanks to PLin and taoman for pointing this out and for showing me how to find it. Note that you can't get to any of this on mobile, you need to be on the desktop website to "View Balance Details"
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 1.36.43 AM.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  9.7 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 1.36.53 AM.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  15.9 KB

Original post - which is INACCURATE - follows for context.

I was very curious about this one and I've now tested it myself.
    Situation: I have 2 lines on the 8GB plan (with double data via activating with an eBay seller so that's 16 per line). That costs $85 after Family discount. My account shows that I did put in my credit card for Autopay and that my recurring billing amount would be $75 (that's a $5 a month discount per line). I stocked up on $40 refill cards on eBay which I got at a good discount, added them all to my account, and waited for my bill to post. What happened is, my balance was debited by $85, not $75. So if you're thinking of whether to use Autopay or to buy refills on eBay, consider all these variables:

1. How much of a percentage discount are the refills sold at?
    2. How much do taxes and fees cost you when you let it go to Autopay?
    3. [EDIT: NOTE, THIS IS FALSE] Fact: you won't get the $5 per line Autopay discount for a certain month unless it actually pulls from your credit card that month.
    Last edited by d g p; 02-27-2019 at 03:38 AM. Reason: i was wrong

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It looks like $85 is being debited, but there should be two $5 autopay credits added to the account right before the debit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by d g p View Post
    3. Fact: you won't get the $5 per line Autopay discount for a certain month unless it actually pulls from your credit card that month.
    False. You get $5 credit added for autopay to each line as already mentioned by PLin.
    Check "View Balance Details" in My Verizon and click on Credits column heading.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So right now what this means it’s not like AT&T prepaid where you still get the discount even with a pin applied to account?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    @Plin, It was exactly as you said. I had $160 in the account, but those brought my balance UP to $170 just before it charged the $85.

This is great news for me! I am so happy to have signed up for this. To think a little over a year ago I was paying like $120 a month plus taxes for two lines to share 16GB on AT&T. Now we get 16GB EACH and spend about $50 after the discounted refills. This is the first time in a very long time that I feel like my cell service is a good deal (besides the Sprint Free Year plan I just came from!)
    ----------------------
    "When I was your age, my cellphone had no games besides extending and retracting the antenna"

"Big 4" carriers bucket list: ☑️ Verizon ☑️ AT&T ☑️ T-Mobile ☑️ Sprint
    I've tried them all.