Sharp smart TV has no BT, so we have this BT transmitter installed in 3.5 mm audio out jack at rear panel.

(Since I am new to this forum, I cannot yet post a URL. Please search Amazon for ASIN "B074QLB1Y7." This is a "TaoTronics Wireless Portable Bluetooth Transmitter Connected to 3.5mm Audio Devices, Paired with Bluetooth Receiver, Bluetooth Dongle, A2DP Stereo Music Transmission for TV.")

We easily paired up Logitech H800 Headphones. Problem is that after powering headphones off and then powering back on the next day, they will not connect. To connect, we have to go to back of TV and toggle the power for the BT transmitter. As far as we are concerned this defeats our entire purpose for having the BT phones. We are too old to get up! We have tried powering the transmitter with TV USB and non-stop with 110v to USB adapter with no success.

I called transmitter tech support. The tech said this behavior was to be expected, and the the transmitter will go into the "stand-by mode" or something like that after a period of time, and will need to be power toggled and/or re-paired (not sure). I asked why my smartphone and my Panasonic BT Landline Set connect up every time I walk into my home and why my smartphone auto connects BT to my car, and why my Other H800 auto BT connects to my Desktop. He told me that there are differences in the way BT devices work, and that as far as he knows all TV / Headphone BT devices will require "resetting" after timing out.

I find it hard to believe that we cannot simply turn on the headphones and expect them to connect up after being previously paired. At this point we have resorted to NOT powering off the headphones, but simply turning the volume down, and leaving them plugged into the charger. This works, but uses a needed receptacle, creates more "charger cord congestion,".....and seems silly.

So, can someone tell me what we need to do to connect up by simply turning the headphones on? If it means buying other stuff, that's OK.

Thanks for any assistance.