Thread: The case of the missing thread list

Feedback Score

Unhappy The case of the missing thread list

After not being on for a bit I went to work my way through "New Posts". I had read several things going back to thread list each time by hitting the back button. After reading something on the last page of the list of New Posts which for me as page 7 I went back to that Page 7 and then clicked on Page 6. I did not get a list of posts BUT this "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Where did the list of posts that are new to me go????????????????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane B. View Post
    After not being on for a bit I went to work my way through "New Posts". I had read several things going back to thread list each time by hitting the back button. After reading something on the last page of the list of New Posts which for me as page 7 I went back to that Page 7 and then clicked on Page 6. I did not get a list of posts BUT this "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Where did the list of posts that are new to me go????????????????
    There appears to be some time limit on a new posts search.

It is more efficient to open posts to read in a new browser tab so you don't have to reload the Search Results page between reading posts. That is for viewing with a computer browser. Things work somewhat differently on a phone browser, the HoFo app, and the Tapatalk app.

Feedback Score
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr It just did it to me again! I had restarted listing new posts and at the point where I wanted to move back to page 3 from page 4 it just did it to me again. Now when I do "new Posts" I only see 19 total posts NOT several pages. Why O why doesn't Howard Forms want us to have access to posts we have not yet read?????????? I have been upset with disappearing posts on the list from some time but just now got to the point of trying to find out why they are doing this and if possible a way to see a list of those missing posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    There appears to be some time limit on a new posts search.

It is more efficient to open posts to read in a new browser tab so you don't have to reload the Search Results page between reading posts. That is for viewing with a computer browser.
    This. Best to open threads/posts of interest in a new tab so you don't lose the list you're currently viewing. Search results time out after a while and then will only show you what's changed (if anything) since the last time you viewed the page.