Thread: SpeedTalk Mobile - any recent reviews or observations?

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score

SpeedTalk Mobile - any recent reviews or observations?

I did a search and the most recent post about SpeedTalk was from 2017. Most are much older and there were some negative comments, mainly about the rollover, online call/data records and general customer service.

Since I'm making the majority of my calls over wifi now, I think I can get by with their $5/mo plan. I've used T-Mobile MVNOs in the past and had dead zones, but I'm willing to invest a whopping five bucks plus the price of a SIM card to experiment again.

I noticed that their website got a total makeover. Has customer service improved? What about the online account management?
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    I did a search and the most recent post about SpeedTalk was from 2017. Most are much older and there were some negative comments, mainly about the rollover, online call/data records and general customer service.

Since I'm making the majority of my calls over wifi now, I think I can get by with their $5/mo plan. I've used T-Mobile MVNOs in the past and had dead zones, but I'm willing to invest a whopping five bucks plus the price of a SIM card to experiment again.

I noticed that their website got a total makeover. Has customer service improved? What about the online account management?
    I used them early last year for a 2nd line. I did stop as I get a lot of calls for voicemail. And Calls sent to voicemail where counted out of my limited minutes on the plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    I bought a speedtalk $5 preloaded pay as you go SIM from eBay awhile ago. But you cannot activate the SIM without a credit card number.

That sounds like a crooked company. I ended up throwing the SIM away.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, Truphone, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I have been using Speedtalk since 7/16/2016. Never had any problems. I am in a good T-Mobile area. I have used the $5 plan in a smartwatch and currently have two accounts with them. Latest is an annual plan bought with eBay discount.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Still have them on one line but likely will "retire" them soon as I'm retiring the phone on that line (old Sony Ericsson 3G flip phone). My most recent encounter with their customer service a couple of months ago was to find out why I wasn't getting confirmation of renewal of service. For a while they sent a confirmatory text message; then the message was unreadable on the phone for some reason; then no more messages.

First-level customer support took my information, escalated the call, and ... the ticket dissappeared into the ether. Not a major deal as service has continued for quite some time this way but it's annoying to contact them and for them to lose the ticket. I guess I'm getting what I'm paying for. If you don't need help it's a cheap way to get a little phone service.