Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile + Sprint will cover 96% of Rural America

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by james4209 View Post
    More marketing fluff to get the merger approved.

I'll believe it when I see it.
    As long as it helps get the merger approved, then, this is a good thing.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    As long as it helps get the merger approved, then, this is a good thing.
    That's the way i look at it. Tmobile is laying it on think for the regulators but that's what's needed to get the job done. Hopefully they stick to what they said they would do

How bout we all go out for

I'll take maybe a Guinness or a Sam Adams
    https://goo.gl/images/CiNSdL
    Last edited by themanhimself; 03-02-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Also was looking this morning at some of the more recent root scores and looks like tmobile is doing better. Saw some 3 way ties on network reliability that weren't there before so they are doing some things right

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    Yeah it’s just a few members that add nothing but hate and insults to the forums. And if you call them out on it, YOU’RE suddenly the bad guy.

I think the reason this sort of thing isn’t seen in the Verizon and ATT forums is because we aren’t going over there starting stuff because T-Mobile customers are actually HAPPY with our carrier. Most of the people that cause trouble here must be Verizon shills or something. Either that or they’re really upset about being locked into a terrible rate plan with dumb or dumber and jealous of our grandfathered plans and solid service.

Really I hate AT&T to the bone for what they did to me but unlike these T-Mobile haters I don't go over to the AT&T board trying to disrupt their conversation like these Verizon and AT&T fans are doing to this board. They post the same hate over and over ad nauseam and bait or threadjack people into these discussions to destroy any positive news on T-Mobile Network. We have lost many valuable posters that just got sick of these constant attacks on this board. When a T-Mobile Hater gets banded they create a new account name on this board and go right back to attacking T-Mobile.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Really I hate AT&T to the bone for what they did to me but unlike these T-Mobile haters I don't go over to the AT&T board trying to disrupt their conversation like these Verizon and AT&T fans are doing to this board. They post the same hate over and over ad nauseam and bait or threadjack people into these discussions to destroy any positive news on T-Mobile Network. We have lost many valuable posters that just got sick of these constant attacks on this board. When a T-Mobile Hater gets banded they create a new account name on this board and go right back to attacking T-Mobile.
    Silence the opposition. Classic tactic of a certain political ideology.

Regarding losing valuable posters: Yep. Been going on for years.

My first car was a Chevy. It was a POS. Should I go cry in Ford and Dodge forums?

Feedback Score
    I don't think I'll ever forget that a year or two ago there was actually a thread in the VZ forum called "Verizon Appreciation Thread" that ran to a few pages. So, that's the fanboi mentality we're faced with here on TM. I wonder how many of the current detractors actually posted in that?

Edited to add: I just did a search and found another one called "Praise Verizon" 16 pages long. LOL

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I don't think I'll ever forget that a year or two ago there was actually a thread in the VZ forum called "Verizon Appreciation Thread" that ran to a few pages. So, that's the fanboi mentality we're faced with here on TM. I wonder how many of the current detractors actually posted in that?

Edited to add: I just did a search and found another one called "Praise Verizon" 16 pages long. LOL
    You mean to tell me you didnt break out the champagne and cake?

I like giving kudos to carriers when they deserve it but also know they don't always deserve it that's for sure

That goes for all carriers
    Last edited by themanhimself; 03-02-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Feedback Score
    So, did you post in either thread? LOL

I don't see that type of Mutual Admiration Society attitude on TM.

Now is when I expect the VZ/ATT crowd to claim it's because we don't deserve any appreciation posts. Or some other lame justification for self back patting.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    So, did you post in either thread? LOL

I don't see that type of Mutual Admiration Society attitude on TM.

Now is when I expect the VZ/ATT crowd to claim it's because we don't deserve any appreciation posts. Or some other lame justification for self back patting.
    Exactly. We're supposed to self deprecate and tell everyone our coverage sucks. LOL

Oh and who rated my thread as: "terrible?" I'm pretty sure I know. Haha
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    "The usual suspects" meaning anyone who doesn't incessantly praise a cell phone company.

But on that note, as long as one carrier covers more areas than another, people will be getting in pissing contests about it.

Use what works for you is my motto. But if someone asks me if I can recommend a carrier to them and that carrier doesn't serve their area, I'm not going to lie to them.
    When I recommend a carrier I look not just at someone's own area, but areas that they are likely to go to. Obviously if someone is retired and going around the country in an RV they're going to choose Verizon (but they also wouldn't have to ask me since all RVers already know this).

I can't tell you how many times I've been somewhere and looking something on my phone and someone asks "what carrier do you have, I have no signal." In one case it was at an airport in a major city and I explained to the person that his carrier did not have a network in the state. He was panicky, he was there on business and needed a phone for the duration of his trip. I suggested that he go to Walmart and buy a Tracfone. This was in the early 2000's in Anchorage. Alaska did not yet have any GSM network and they also had no iDEN (Nextel) network, everyone was on TDMA+AMPS or CDMA+AMPS. Nor did Verizon have any network, but they had CDMA and AMPS roaming on ACS. Even now, Verizon operates an LTE-only network in Alaska, no CDMA.

Feedback Score

T-Mobile sprint

Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Exactly. We're supposed to self deprecate and tell everyone our coverage sucks. LOL

Oh and who rated my thread as: "terrible?" I'm pretty sure I know. Haha
    Not a reply to you sir but just a general observation about. Cell phone companies. Their coverage maps lie. I live in upstate NY just south of Montreal. T-Mobile shows Lte 4g coverage throughout my area . This is false as I bought a cheap phone and activated prepaid service for 30 days. When I called customer service they insisted they had service here they do not. The sprint store here closed for ? They have limited service here. I wish T-Mobile worked cause their vet plan was awesome. So I do not see how they will improve their rural coverage? I am on cricket where the price point works for me. Wish the speeds were a little faster but works for now. ATT is just to expensive as is Verizon. Thanks for all your shred knowledge folks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    You mean to tell me you didnt break out the champagne and cake?

I like giving kudos to carriers when they deserve it but also know they don't always deserve it that's for sure

That goes for all carriers
    There's a Howard Forum called "VZW Rants/Raves/Kudos" see: https://howardforums.com/forumdispla...ts-Raves-Kudos .

I think that such a forum should be created for T-Mobile. Those that don't want to talk about real issues could hang out there and either reassure each other how great T-Mobile is, or attack T-Mobile for whatever reasons they choose, real or imaginary. Doesn't sound too exciting, but whatever.

Forums such as the current one would be pretty useless if everyone here got upset anytime anyone pointed out a real issue. Fortunately there's only a few people that behave in that manner and they are easily filtered out so the rest of us are able to have an intelligent discussion about real issues. It's incredible to see how upset some people get whenever someone posts about coverage issues--it's as if doing so is a direct personal attack on them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    There's a Howard Forum called "VZW Rants/Raves/Kudos" see: https://howardforums.com/forumdispla...ts-Raves-Kudos .

I think that such a forum should be created for T-Mobile. Those that don't want to talk about real issues could hang out there and either reassure each other how great T-Mobile is, or attack T-Mobile for whatever reasons they choose, real or imaginary.
    They already have that. It's called the T-Mo Lounge. It's located right here:

https://www.howardforums.com/forumdi...320-Tmo-Lounge

Please feel free to use it to post your daily attacks against T-Mobile such as:

"to get one free, not-very-good, taco per week"
    "Two people traveling with me had T-Mobile which worked fine for them for voice and text, but the data was very slow"
    " T-Mobile re-labeling their W-CDMA/HSPA service as 4G because they didn't have a 4G LTE network to compete against Verizon."
    "I found that it some areas T-Mobile maps vastly over-state coverage"

And don't forget to throw in some attacks against T-Mobile as a "second tier Network" because it doesn't provide service at your favorite campground.

so the rest of us are able to have an intelligent discussion about real issues
    Oh yes, only a select few have the intelligence to converse with the supposed city councilman. Yes, we've heard it all before.

Please take your own advice and utilize the T-Mo Lounge as you suggest.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gooey06 View Post
    Not a reply to you sir but just a general observation about. Cell phone companies. Their coverage maps lie. I live in upstate NY just south of Montreal. T-Mobile shows Lte 4g coverage throughout my area . This is false as I bought a cheap phone and activated prepaid service for 30 days. When I called customer service they insisted they had service here they do not. The sprint store here closed for ? They have limited service here. I wish T-Mobile worked cause their vet plan was awesome. So I do not see how they will improve their rural coverage? I am on cricket where the price point works for me. Wish the speeds were a little faster but works for now. ATT is just to expensive as is Verizon. Thanks for all your shred knowledge folks
    I was on Cricket, 5 lines/$100, with one unneeded line but since it was free I took it. But my coverage at home was poor. I was waiting for AT&T to provision a fake tree tower that they are supposed to be sharing with Verizon, but I gave up waiting because they seem to have no intention of provisioning it in the near future. Total Wireless uses Verizon and I like the shared data better than the per-line data. Also they include tethering and there is no speed cap. Unbeknownst to me, my son away at college had been tethering on Cricket all along and they never complained, but they could have. Downside with TW is that it's giving Carlos Slim more money.

As to coverage maps, yes they lie to some degree. But T-Mobile's maps do accurately show areas where they don't have any service, but they exaggerate quality of coverage in areas where they do have service. "Fair" really means "none." On Verizon I've had coverage in places where their maps show no coverage, especially up in the Sierra Nevada and surrounding foothills.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I wish they would pass the deal already so TMobile can get to work. Wasn't it announced last April?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast