Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

used phone sold as new?

sorry i posted this over in the boost mobile area and thought it should go here instead since this is more apple than boost and the other post on the boost spot can be removed but keep this here please....

so i picked up the iphone 6s today..after me and the store worker was talking about the diff pricing from 2 stores, he said a few times that the other store is prob used phones and that his are brand new and it was in the shrink wrap (doesnt mean much since ppl can buy a device that can do the shrink wrap) and open it in front of me and all was fine till i check the ios and notice its on 12.1.2 which was release on 12/17/18 which is a lil over 2 months ago, shouldnt the phone shipped with ios 9 maybe 10?

ios 12 didnt even come out till September 2018

the 6s came out in 2015 so i dont see how it can have ios 12 already

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    most phones sold don't always have the latest updates. it could be old stock. does the box say refurbished

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I know how to be sure if it's new or not.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you’re in store you can just run the serial number and find out if the phone was ever purchased and what the week of production is.
    https://imei24.com/check/apple_sn/

There’s even a website for iOS versions in case you’re looking for an iPhone to jailbreak.
    https://fecaleagle.github.io

My 6s that I ordered from Total Wireless on Feb 22nd is a y4 so y=2019 and 4 for the 4th week, Jan 21-27. It came with iOS 12.1.2 and my warranty lasts till 2020-02-26.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    the boost phone was brand new it was confirm by apple and the metro pcs 6s is also brand new and it to came with 12.1.2..

i got get of the boost phone cuz no wifi calling for them also i updated the phone to 12.1.4 thinking it would fix the wifi calling

so now im on metro pcs with 12.1.2 and will be jailbraking it in a few days, looking for the easiest way to JB it..trying to find 1 click

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    sorry i posted this over in the boost mobile area and thought it should go here instead since this is more apple than boost and the other post on the boost spot can be removed but keep this here please....

so i picked up the iphone 6s today..after me and the store worker was talking about the diff pricing from 2 stores, he said a few times that the other store is prob used phones and that his are brand new and it was in the shrink wrap (doesnt mean much since ppl can buy a device that can do the shrink wrap) and open it in front of me and all was fine till i check the ios and notice its on 12.1.2 which was release on 12/17/18 which is a lil over 2 months ago, shouldnt the phone shipped with ios 9 maybe 10?

ios 12 didnt even come out till September 2018

the 6s came out in 2015 so i dont see how it can have ios 12 already
    Apple ships the phones with whatever current software is when *they* send it out, not what was current when the phone came out.

Also, other than adding mobile hotspot for a non-hotspot plan jailbreaking does not do much anymore, it's not worth your time to have failed software updates in the future.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Apple ships the phones with whatever current software is when *they* send it out, not what was current when the phone came out.

Also, other than adding mobile hotspot for a non-hotspot plan jailbreaking does not do much anymore, it's not worth your time to have failed software updates in the future.
    oh ok, i thought that they had phones just laying around in stock already sealed

so JB aint the same as it was? what has changed?