Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tracfone LG Fiesta 2 back on eBay! (2 for 1)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pamelajaye View Post
    I remember adding time to my Virgin Mobile phone from an outlook on Mulholland drive, using my little teeny tiny phone (audiovox 8500 for anyone who has seen them), back in the mid 2000s. of course I have no clue how I did it. So anyway I figured there was an easier way than driving to every Walmart between Easton and the cape. But we got it sorted out..
    Not an old fogy, but when I see something like that, I don't consider it a long time ago until I realize it's 15 years ago. Just like remembering the early 90's as if it was yesterday. And that is more than 25 years ago.

Name:  Charlie-brown-1-sad.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  10.1 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Not an old fogy, but when I see something like that, I don't consider it a long time ago until I realize it's 15 years ago. Just like remembering the early 90's as if it was yesterday. And that is more than 25 years ago.
    Same here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Same here.
    Y2K anyone? I thought we were all supposed to die. That will be 20 years ago in a few weeks.

Name:  19990118_400.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  57.5 KB

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Y2K anyone? I thought we were all supposed to die. That will be 20 years ago in a few weeks.
    I was still working in mainframe IT at that time. It was all-hands-on-deck on New Year's Eve 1999, in case the computer system went berserk. Nothing happened. We went home around 3AM.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure that outfits with the most to lose were very careful.

Time sure flies like crazy.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I'm sure that outfits with the most to lose were very careful.
    Truthfully, it was a non-event due to all the work that took place between 1997 and 1999 to review/fix potential problems. I was working for a health insurance company, so our potential problems were related to date calculations. But the GPS system works based on when a time signal was sent then received. If the date/time calculation is wrong, the reported location can be way off from actual location. That could be a big problem for airliners and ocean ships.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Same......

Feedback Score

Name:  Charlie-brown-1-sad.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  10.1 KB
    That's funny. How we judge how long ago things were based on what we are thinking about. Most of the time it's hard for me to believe that the 90s were 20 years ago.

But I did have my AudioVox 8500 until 2012. I'm pretty sure by then people have smartphones. It was getting frustrating when I was out in the car with my roommate and had to call my brother to ask him where the nearest post office was. That was half the reason I got a smartphone. And the other half was that Virgin Mobile raised their rates again and tracfone was back to being cheaper, at least for me, because I don't call much. And I am not one of those people refer to on Community "oh no! She was born in the 80s! She uses her phone to talk!"
    I was born in 59. I use my phone for emergencies. Or if I'm in the grocery store and want to ask someone what to pick up.

I don't text a lot. But I have far fewer texts than minutes since obviously my home phone doesn't accept texts.

Sent from my VS995 using HoFo mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3