Thread: Any advantage to getting married?

Feedback Score

Any advantage to getting married?

31-year-old single male here. Some relatives of mine occasionally ask when I'm going to settle down. I was engaged at one point, but the girl and I always argued the last year or so we were together. She also quit "working out" with me until we only "worked out" once a month. Ever since I broke it off with her, I've been happier, have more money at all times, can do what I want, and still don't have any problem finding girls who like to "work out" without buying a gym dual-membership with me

Most guys I know around me tell me not to do it, or they're divorced and wished they never had.

What're your thoughts on the topic?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    31-year-old single male here. Some relatives of mine occasionally ask when I'm going to settle down. I was engaged at one point, but the girl and I always argued the last year or so we were together. She also quit "working out" with me until we only "worked out" once a month. Ever since I broke it off with her, I've been happier, have more money at all times, can do what I want, and still don't have any problem finding girls who like to "work out" without buying a gym dual-membership with me

Most guys I know around me tell me not to do it, or they're divorced and wished they never had.

What're your thoughts on the topic?
    If the right person comes along the yes but definitely don't marry the wrong person just to be married.

I generally have less money now that im married. Dating was a lot more fun for sure but there are some plus to being married. I don't have to worry about having those abs anymore, now I can get fat and the wife wont leave

If the right person comes along definitely take the leap. If not have fun and enjoy things until they do. If it's the right person it makes it all worth it even with how it changes life. I can't always go out with the fellas for a brew, can't just go out with friends to a concert, etc so it changes life for sure

I can plan things with friends but it's definitely not spur of the moment last minute kinds of things

Oh and before married me and the wife would go to the gym a lot. Once married that turned into once a month and then once every few months and then to where we cancelled the gym membership

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Oh and before married me and the wife would go to the gym a lot. Once married that turned into once a month and then once every few months and then to where we cancelled the gym membership
    That sucks! That seems to happen to a lot of guys who end up getting married. I like to work out a lot, with lots of different women, so maybe marriage isn't for me.

Feedback Score
    Any advantage In getting married?
    Not for the woman.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    That sucks! That seems to happen to a lot of guys who end up getting married. I like to work out a lot, with lots of different women, so maybe marriage isn't for me.
    Yeah marriage seems to slow things down. Was much more active when single

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Packerjim View Post
    Any advantage In getting married?
    Not for the woman.
    Are you sure? I say this as a very GENERAL observation (does not apply to all women necessarily) but most women seem to do better after a divorce afterwards. Even when married, many seem to enjoy fewer working hours than when they were single, or even no working hours at all.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Yeah marriage seems to slow things down. Was much more active when single
    Kind of why I'm reluctant to tie the knot. A steady supply of "relations" is the one big benefit to many men getting married, but even that seems to be in question after a short amount of time.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I think it makes sense when you are much better with her than without her. Then such a question just won't bother you.

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    be free my man no need to get married maybe if the right woman comes along, I was married for 2 years just got rid of her 4 months ago and couldn't be more happy even ran into my first love and we dating I married just because family kept bugging

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10+ using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    We actually wanted to have smth special and unforgettable together with my hubby and we did . Actually twice. We just renewed our vows after 15 years. Go ahead! Be happy

Feedback Score
    I was drunk when I wrote this. No idea why. Sorry, guys.

Feedback Score
    Quick answer ... NO! lol