Thread: Xfinity Mobile BYOD device upgrade problems

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Xfinity Mobile BYOD device upgrade problems

I just spent an hour chatting with CS rep who said XM does not have the capability to swap BYOD IMEI on accounts if you upgrade your device on your own. Does anyone know if this is really true? I upgraded my wifeís iPhone 5c which doesnít support VoLTE with a Verizon iPhone 6 that does support VoLTE. I swapped the SIM card into the iPhone 6 and XM service works but it wonít allow VoLTE to be turned on. It says contact XM. XM says that BYOD doesnít allow IMEI swaps, they want you to purchase a new device from them. Thatís ridiculous!

This is a big deal if you canít do a BYOD upgrade to a newer iPhone that supports VoLTE. Verizon is shutting down their CDMA network at the end of 2019. Any phones that donít have VoLTE activated will lose voice service. Help!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by haasfamily View Post
    I just spent an hour chatting with CS rep who said XM does not have the capability to swap BYOD IMEI on accounts if you upgrade your device on your own. Does anyone know if this is really true? I upgraded my wifeís iPhone 5c which doesnít support VoLTE with a Verizon iPhone 6 that does support VoLTE. I swapped the SIM card into the iPhone 6 and XM service works but it wonít allow VoLTE to be turned on. It says contact XM. XM says that BYOD doesnít allow IMEI swaps, they want you to purchase a new device from them. Thatís ridiculous!

This is a big deal if you canít do a BYOD upgrade to a newer iPhone that supports VoLTE. Verizon is shutting down their CDMA network at the end of 2019. Any phones that donít have VoLTE activated will lose voice service. Help!
    Have you tried going into a retail store or doing yourself via your online account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro.r.perezjr View Post
    Have you tried going into a retail store or doing yourself via your online account?
    I donít think OLAM supports device swaps. I could go into my local store but thatís 2 hours out of my day that I wonít get back. It seems like you wait forever in our local Xfinity store.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I donít think OLAM supports device swaps. I could go into my local store but thatís 2 hours out of my day that I wonít get back. It seems like you wait forever in our local Xfinity store.
    see here - https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinit...n/td-p/3142433

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

This is indeed an XM limitation. Itís a stupid one. You can BYOD an iPhone but you canít swap it, you can only ďupgradeĒ to an XM sold phone.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Xfinity Mobile BYOD device upgrade problems

Quote Originally Posted by Guest557 View Post
    This is indeed an XM limitation. Itís a stupid one. You can BYOD an iPhone but you canít swap it, you can only ďupgradeĒ to an XM sold phone.
    Spent about an hour on the phone with a Tier 2 CS rep last night resolving the issue. She was very helpful but it is indeed a very clumsy outdated process. They have to deactivate your BYOD line & then reactivate with the updated IMEI for your new BYOD iPhone. You can use the same SIM card. This was the only way I could get a BYOD iPhone 6s linked to the account so I could activate WiFi calling & VoLTE. If you simply switch the SIM from an old iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6 or newer youíll still get service but canít activate WiFi calling or VoLTE because XM systems still think you have an old unsupported iPhone. This could be a big problem at the end of 2019 when Verizon turns off their CDMA network.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Swapping SIM cards has been an issue since XM's system migration in November and it's not exclusive to BYOD's. If the original SIM card that was associated to an IMEI has been altered, no changes can be made to that line of service, including switching plans or even just suspending service, without escalating a case for tier 3 to resolve through the back-end system. XM'S working on the problem.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by iamJustagirl View Post
    Swapping SIM cards has been an issue since XM's system migration in November and it's not exclusive to BYOD's. If the original SIM card that was associated to an IMEI has been altered, no changes can be made to that line of service, including switching plans or even just suspending service, without escalating a case for tier 3 to resolve through the back-end system. XM'S working on the problem.
    For going on 2 years it is just pathetic that Xfinity Mobile's system platform is still so backward and on top of that, still no Android BYOD.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It used to be easy to update IMEI's in the old system, but since they launched 360 it's a problem. They weren't ready to launch the new system, did not want the new system. Apparently Apple gave them a deadline to switch into this current system which is supposed to be more iPhone friendly or they were going to pull out. No option there.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Today they launched iPads, and smart watches are within a few weeks. And the 5 line limit is going to shoot up to 25. The Android BYOD's before end of year.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Here's an interesting tidbit. Since they are now offering $100 rebate on the byod iPhone, I decided to check if they have a rebate on an LG Xcharge that I purchased at a garage sale. Perfect condition and functionality. Called Xfinity when I bought the phone and no black list or overdue account. So....today I was informed that they are not accepting any android phones right now. I said "but its YOUR phone, branded as Xfinity." Unless she had her head up her butt, I guess NO androids! Geesh! What a crock! Will probably get their sim for my iPhone 6 and then stick it in my LG and see what happens.