Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S10e,S10,S10+ discussion and Carrier it supports USA

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10+, S9+, Motorola E5 Spra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Galaxy S10e,S10,S10+ discussion and Carrier it supports USA

So let's talk about our new shiny galaxy s10 and all features and carrier features that supports it. I will start with my S10+ unlocked U1 that supports VoLTE and WiFi-calling in all big 3 carriers except for AT&T. Please anyone with AT&T VoLTE unlocked devices that has volte or recently got volte due to 3G shutdown please post it here.

I also want to point out that with my unlocked S10+ on AT&T when i call the call codec is AMR-NB 12.2 and from what i have noticed if the device isn't certify for volte at all call codec on AT&T is AMR-NB 5.9 So I am wondering if the S10+ U1 would get VoLTE in the future update? I have tried contacting samsung and they dont respond to such things that isn't publicly announced yet even though 3G shutdown is on the news and blogs.

here is verizon Wifi calling on S10+ U1
    Name:  20190222_220948.jpg
Views: 1528
Size:  24.4 KBName:  20190222_221639.jpg
Views: 1505
Size:  44.6 KB

Galaxy Note 9 U1 Verizon LTE bands
    Name:  Screenshot_20190214-141359_Service mode RIL.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  22.4 KB

Feedback Score
    So on your AT&T SIM, the service mode shows the LTE bands?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    So on your AT&T SIM, the service mode shows the LTE bands?
    Yes it will show the LTE bands if you remove the sim card and dial *#2263#

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    Yes it will show the LTE bands if you remove the sim card and dial *#2263#
    Correct. You don't have to completely remove the SIM however, just pop it loose with the SIM key. I've done this so many times over the years with different devices, I keep a SIM key on my regular key ring.

Sky, if you want to enable all bands on that Note 9 PM me and I will walk you through it. Along with those VZ bands, it will enable and display bands 29,30, and 71 with those others. You could then lock onto 71 and look for it, although you won't be able to connect but your device will detect it if present.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Correct. You don't have to completely remove the SIM however, just pop it loose with the SIM key. I've done this so many times over the years with different devices, I keep a SIM key on my regular key ring.

Sky, if you want to enable all bands on that Note 9 PM me and I will walk you through it. Along with those VZ bands, it will enable and display bands 29,30, and 71 with those others. You could then lock onto 71 and look for it, although you won't be able to connect but your device will detect it if present.
    Well I don't recommend removing sim card specially if there's sd card coz it can corrupt or mess with connection better to remove with power on and off.

Even if I enable with all LTE bands if the sim card doesnt connect then it is useless. However, on cricket wireless a lot of AT&T LTE bands are disabled like B 29, 66, 46 is it possible to enable those on note 9 using cricket sim?

I still want to enable VoLTE manually lol.. only at&t i can't access to IMS setting I can only view by dialing *#77467# it shows all false but i cant manually switch or toggle it on lol

Feedback Score
    I have tried the "SIM out" method in the past, even posted here about that months ago.
    But for some reason is not working on my S9 with Android Pie.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I have tried the "SIM out" method in the past, even posted here about that months ago.
    But for some reason is not working on my S9 with Android Pie.
    it is working on my S9+ pie at&t.

Feedback Score
    I still want to enable VoLTE manually lol.. only at&t i can't access to IMS setting I can only view by dialing *#77467# it shows all false but i cant manually switch or toggle it on lol
    Try the app in the Google store that is called "Network" and has as icon an old school black phone receptacle in a white circle.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ngelow.network

it is working on my S9+ pie at&t.
    Yeah, on AT&T it worked for me too last time like that, still does on my S7 Edge (Freedompop with AT&T LTE SIM). But not on a VZW SIM...

And different SIMs force the phone to load up different radio firmware on Samsung. Never happend on Moto...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Try the app in the Google store that is called "Network" and has as icon an old school black phone receptacle in a white circle.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ngelow.network

Yeah, on AT&T it worked for me too last time like that, still does on my S7 Edge (Freedompop with AT&T LTE SIM). But not on a VZW SIM...

And different SIMs force the phone to load up different radio firmware on Samsung. Never happend on Moto...
    On verizon it will never work with service mode code at all except for my note 9.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Galaxy Care Ambassador

Feedback Score
    There must be a secret code that did that on your Note 9. Who do we need to bribe to get it?

I am on TotalWireless with Verizon SIM and to Enable Hidden Menu, you need to type first *#22745927 , then at requested MSL input 000000 (for unlocked phones) and Switch to "Enable".
    But that allows only the *#0011# status information code, not others like *#27663368378# or *#2263#, even with the SIM out.
    Also on the 0011 menu, the method with "Back", "Key Input", Q0 doesn't do anything useful either (it reverts back to the 0011 information screen).
    More codes - some don't work on VZW:
    https://www.teamandroid.com/2018/03/...-secret-codes/
    Last edited by SoNic67; 03-12-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone for sure know the LTE bands that the unlocked S10+?

Model number SM-G975U. Best Buy website lists one thing, B & H photo lists something else, and I am unable to find anything on the Samsung website.

I did not see band 29, 46, or 14, anywhere on this: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor..._id=A3LSMG975U

What did I miss?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post
    Does anyone for sure know the LTE bands that the unlocked S10+?

Model number SM-G975U. Best Buy website lists one thing, B & H photo lists something else, and I am unable to find anything on the Samsung website.

I did not see band 29, 46, or 14, anywhere on this: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor..._id=A3LSMG975U

What did I miss?
    LTE bands 29, 46, and 14 are present to S10+ unlocked and even Band 48 but not yet active. Make sure the unlocked version is snapdragon and G975U1 version and not the international with exynos processor. the US version has more LTE bands.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quick update i updated my Note 9 U1 to pie and LTE bands still the same no B48 and one thing change for verizon is that it has now 4 carrier aggregation active it was only 2 before. I was really hoping for that before i switched to at&t because B2, B4 is very congested in my area thats the only bands I got on verizon but now I am connected to all 4 bands. No WiFi-Calling. I am contemplating selling my note 9 because this is a special phone that can access verizon service code lol
    Name:  20190312_214715.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  42.1 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Just a quick update to anyone I just received news from someone on AT&T that by the end of this year all phones on AT&T including unlocked will have VoLTE but it is a very slow roll out prepaid will have to be first and this is part of their "3G retirement".

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    About time. Verizon allows even their MVNO to have VoLTE now, because their shutdown of CDMA (2G and 3G).
    BTW, I got my S10 too, took advantage of the offer that gave me $550 credit for my S9.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast