Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile iPhone loses signal for 10 seconds

Feedback Score
    Well I lost signal today when making a WhatsApp call on 12.2 beta. I’ll say this though, it’s not happening as often as it did when I was on 12.1. So still an improvement overall.

Quote Originally Posted by KH6CY View Post
    your suggestion or get a Samsung as someone has said the iPhones are notorious of having a lousy reception.
    Haha. Samsung would be good for reception for sure. But only if you live in a average coverage area.

iPhones suffer most in low signal areas.

Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    Good to know. Is there an idea when the official 12.2 is coming out?
    Should be in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Try to turn off the LTE.. it will run just fine in 4g ... if this doesnt fix then just jump to android... yes i know... samsung is not an iphone but it will work in the mean time.. at least until the 12.2 gets pushed out.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 factory unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (formerly T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    I was a T-Mo customer for about 10 years (3 years ago). I had a Nokia Windows phone and this problem happened to me frequently inside my house. They kept telling me that they were upgrading their network, but the problem persisted until I finally want to Verizon and got a new iPhone SE. I haven't had the problem since switching carriers.

I gave up one of those grandfathered in unlimited plans on T-Mo. I would probably go back on T-Mo to get a better data price, but the previous experiences with them dropping my calls instilled a permanent fear of their network in me. Perhaps things have improved?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smyrna5 View Post
    I was a T-Mo customer for about 10 years (3 years ago). I had a Nokia Windows phone and this problem happened to me frequently inside my house. They kept telling me that they were upgrading their network, but the problem persisted until I finally want to Verizon and got a new iPhone SE. I haven't had the problem since switching carriers.

I gave up one of those grandfathered in unlimited plans on T-Mo. I would probably go back on T-Mo to get a better data price, but the previous experiences with them dropping my calls instilled a permanent fear of their network in me. Perhaps things have improved?
    They have with band 12 and 600mhz. Make sure your phone supports it if coming back. Check your area for the bands. They’ve made a lot of changes and improvements in coverage.

This isn’t the same issue though. This is a bug in iOS 12.1 and up.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ram30 - I may give them another try, but having to pay them $25 for a new SIM card just to see if their network is any better inside my house sticks in my craw lol. Irrational, I know. On the other hand, my current Verizon is hugely expensive for data, so I almost never use data when I am off WiFi. I am currently paying them $60 a month for unlimited calls and text but only 1GB per month (ugh). I loved everything else about T-Mo except that damned call dropping. It was clearly something to do with where I live, since I could go a 1/3 mile either way from my house and the problem was moved.

I am currently running iOS 12.2 on my iPhone 7. Its factory unlocked and supposedly supports all the bands. I will check it out. Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I am currently paying them $60 a month for unlimited calls and text but only 1GB per month (ugh).
    Damn!!!! Verizon is hosing you on that plan. I pay $60 after taxes for 12Gb, but I’m on a AT&T retention plan.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ram30 - I may give them another try, but having to pay them $25 for a new SIM card just to see if their network is any better inside my house sticks in my craw lol. Irrational, I know. On the other hand, my current Verizon is hugely expensive for data, so I almost never use data when I am off WiFi. I am currently paying them $60 a month for unlimited calls and text but only 1GB per month (ugh). I loved everything else about T-Mo except that damned call dropping. It was clearly something to do with where I live, since I could go a 1/3 mile either way from my house and the problem was moved.

I am currently running iOS 12.2 on my iPhone 7. Its factory unlocked and supposedly supports all the bands. I will check it out. Thanks.

Consider Metro by T-Mobile where $60 a month gives you Unlimited calls, text & data with 15GB Hotspot high speed data and Amazon Prime membership ( I think I am paying $100 a year for Prime). Or you could get their cheaper two plans since it is the same T-Mobile network. https://www.metropcs.com/shop/plans

Feedback Score

T-Mobile iPhone loses signal for 10 seconds

Dang. You might wanna consider Red Pocket, Google Fi or even Metro as others suggested. For that price you can get so much more data:

https://www.redpocket.com/plans also allows you to choose between Att and Verizon

https://fi.google.com/about/ Google Fi uses T-Mobile and Sprint networks. They just added iPhones. Though it may not be able to use Sprint. But still worth it if you’re not using all of the data and if you go over.

What’s the zip code you’re looking to use T-Mobile in? I can give a check of the area.

Also the iPhone 7 doesn’t support their new 600mhz band only 700mhz. So if 600mhz is there. Might wanna consider the trade in for a XR or Pixel or One Plus.

But let’s see if 600mhz is there. Just let me know the zip.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    Dang. You might wanna consider Red Pocket, Google Fi or even Metro as others suggested. For that price you can get so much more data:

https://www.redpocket.com/plans also allows you to choose between Att and Verizon

https://fi.google.com/about/ Google Fi uses T-Mobile and Sprint networks. They just added iPhones. Though it may not be able to use Sprint. But still worth it if you’re not using all of the data and if you go over.

What’s the zip code you’re looking to use T-Mobile in? I can give a check of the area.

Also the iPhone 7 doesn’t support their new 600mhz band only 700mhz. So if 600mhz is there. Might wanna consider the trade in for a XR or Pixel or One Plus.

But let’s see if 600mhz is there. Just let me know the zip.

Yeah, I know I am getting Uber hosed on data, which I am considering leaving Verizon. Their retention Dept wasn’t much help on it. I wonder if I bought one of those really cheap prepaid TMo sims off eBay and tested it for a month or so if it would tell me if TMo has the problem in my area anymore.

My zip is 30082.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    By the way, t-mobiles own coverage map does not give a lot of confidence that they have fixed the problem At my house. “”Fair signal cell reception outdoors and occasionally indoors.” I need more than occasionally fair reception indoors

Name:  778F6A25-E5D7-460C-BA9C-761272A37ADA.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  72.2 KB
    Last edited by smyrna5; 04-12-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I know I am getting Uber hosed on data, which I am considering leaving Verizon. Their retention Dept wasn’t much help on it. I wonder if I bought one of those really cheap prepaid TMo sims off eBay and tested it for a month or so if it would tell me if TMo has the problem in my area anymore.

My zip is 30082.
    Thanks. I checked the area. They actually got good coverage anywhere that’s not on concord rd and mosswood lane. Otherwise on those roads you’ll see service ok as it’s on 700. But it won’t be the best. Indoors will be patchy or dope down to 3G HSPA And speeds not great but manageable. Everywhere else it seems signal will be fine just not too fast.

Good news is they got 600mhz planned which will fix all the inconsistencies there and improve speeds. So keep that mind when you’re ready to get a better device that supports band 71. Just no ETA.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    By the way, t-mobiles own coverage map does not give a lot of confidence that they have fixed the problem At my house. “”Fair signal cell reception outdoors and occasionally indoors.” I need more than occasionally fair reception indoors

Name:  778F6A25-E5D7-460C-BA9C-761272A37ADA.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  72.2 KB
    Fair signal typically can mean... No Service. I have areas where TMobile shows 'fair' coverage and 4G LTE verified... No Service for 5 miles .

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
    Thanks. I checked the area. They actually got good coverage anywhere that’s not on concord rd and mosswood lane. Otherwise on those roads you’ll see service ok as it’s on 700. But it won’t be the best. Indoors will be patchy or dope down to 3G HSPA And speeds not great but manageable. Everywhere else it seems signal will be fine just not too fast.

Good news is they got 600mhz planned which will fix all the inconsistencies there and improve speeds. So keep that mind when you’re ready to get a better device that supports band 71. Just no ETA.

Band 71 isn’t going to fix coverage issues that Band 12 hasn’t fixed. They are going to have to actually install equipment at new sites for coverage to improve.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Band 71 isn’t going to fix coverage issues that Band 12 hasn’t fixed. They are going to have to actually install equipment at new sites for coverage to improve.

What do you mean? That no band 71 has been put up or is going to be put up on any tower that doesn't already have band 12 ?

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    What do you mean? That no band 71 has been put up or is going to be put up on any tower that doesn't already have band 12 ?
    I’m saying that in areas where Band 12 is on nearly every tower, adding Band 71 won’t really improve the coverage unless they build new sites.

The only difference it may make is added capacity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast