Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: T-Mobile iPhone loses signal for 10 seconds

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Band 71 isn’t going to fix coverage issues that Band 12 hasn’t fixed. They are going to have to actually install equipment at new sites for coverage to improve.

You can't compare Band 71 with 20 Mhz by 20 Mhz with Band 12. Or even 15x15 Mhz or 10x10 Mhz. The Band 12 5x5 Mhz gets saturated but if Verizon can have good service off their 700 Mhz then T-Mobile should be able to as well after all their Band 71 is deployed nationwide which will be augmented by 5G NR that will give a good data speed boost. All spectrum has the same data speed based on similar bandwidth but the 600 Mhz gives you the distances and penetration that is not available at the mid range spectrums.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    You can't compare Band 71 with 20 Mhz by 20 Mhz with Band 12. Or even 15x15 Mhz or 10x10 Mhz. The Band 12 5x5 Mhz gets saturated but if Verizon can have good service off their 700 Mhz then T-Mobile should be able to as well after all their Band 71 is deployed nationwide which will be augmented by 5G NR that will give a good data speed boost. All spectrum has the same data speed based on similar bandwidth but the 600 Mhz gives you the distances and penetration that is not available at the mid range spectrums.
    Which is why I said that B71 will improve capacity but not coverage.

My point still stands. If you are served by a Band 12 tower and have no service, you still won't have service if they only add a Band 71 panel.

T-Mobile can surely have good service off their 700MHz and 600MHz like Verizon, but it will require them to place and build new cell sites in areas that have poor coverage.

I frequent an area where honestly only my Southern LINC LTE phone gets service, Verizon doesn't even cover this area. T-Mobile has had Band 12 for more than a year on the site closest to me, and I can get 1 bar of LTE outdoors in some location. They recently added Band 71 about a month ago, but my coverage has not improved whatsoever. The only difference is that sometimes I will see my phone on Band 71 and sometimes it will be on Band 12.

My coverage won't get any better until T-Mobile builds a new cell site closer to me.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Which is why I said that B71 will improve capacity but not coverage.

My point still stands. If you are served by a Band 12 tower and have no service, you still won't have service if they only add a Band 71 panel.

T-Mobile can surely have good service off their 700MHz and 600MHz like Verizon, but it will require them to place and build new cell sites in areas that have poor coverage.

My coverage won't get any better until T-Mobile builds a new cell site closer to me.
    T-Mobile’s Band 71 has already improved coverage in several states like Michigan, New Mexico and Wyoming...etc. Not having enough towers has nothing to do with Band 71. T-Mobile isn’t going to go Wild building out new towers until the Sprint merger is decided one way or the other. Sprint and T-Mobile combined have over 110,000 towers that most have long term leases for tower space and equipment. The new T-Mobile if the merger is approved plans to at some point shutter down to 85,000 towers which is more than either AT&T or Verizon has. There is no point in building new towers in most places as long as the Sprint merger results are unowned. The exception to that is built new towers where neither Sprint or T-Mobile has little to no coverage.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 04-17-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Damn!!!! Verizon is hosing you on that plan. I pay $60 after taxes for 12Gb, but I’m on a AT&T retention plan.
    That's just a super old Verizon plan. Hell, even on Verizon prepaid it's 15GB unlimited talk/text/128kb overage data for $45 all in, and $65 for unlimited talk/text/data
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    T-Mobile’s Band 71 has already improved coverage in several states like Michigan, New Mexico and Wyoming...etc. Not having enough towers has nothing to do with Band 71. T-Mobile isn’t going to go Wild building out new towers until the Sprint merger is decided one way or the other. Sprint and T-Mobile combined have over 110,000 towers that most have long term leases for tower space and equipment. The new T-Mobile plans to at some point shutter down to 85,000 towers which is more than either AT&T or Verizon has. There is no point in building new towers in most places as long as the Sprint merger results are unowned. The exception to that is built new towers where neither Sprint or T-Mobile has little to no coverage.
    My point was more directed at the OP who is in an area with Band 12 already and has poor coverage. The OPs coverage in Smyrna is not going to improve with T-Mobile just adding Band 71 and calling it a day. They will have to build sites.

T-Mobile still has a legal obligation to continue business as is until the merger is finalized, which I’m hoping it does pass.

T-Mobile has much better rural coverage than Sprint, so most of the sites T-Mobile needs to add will be in areas that Sprint doesn’t cover natively.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3