Thread: HTC 10 Anomaly

Device(s)
    Nokia TA-1045 6.1 Android One | HTC "10" (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile prepaid | Verizon PrePay
    Feedback Score

HTC 10 Anomaly

Description: While playing a game (Pokemon Go in this case), I put my TMUS-branded HTC 10 phone down on the table. Then the view on the display changed to the lock screen view with a blue & pink themed clock face. Specifically it showed digital indication of current time with a pink circle around it, and a partial blue ring around the pink one which was acting as a sweeping seconds-hand. Then I needed to pick up the phone & unlock in order to access the game directly again. This happened two or three times before gameplay resumed uninterrupted.

Up to this point I had not seen that clock face before. It did not appear available from the stock HTC wallpapers, nor does it appear to be a TMUS app either. It seemed to be triggered by the proximity sensor... Or perhaps it's part of the magnetically-actuated HTC Ice flip-cover theme? IDK...

Any HoFoers experienced a similar happening with their TMUS-branded HTC 10 device?

Sent from my mobile device...
    Glad to be off contract since 2010...

Device Reverse Chronology: Samsung G920VZKAVZW Galaxy S6 | Motorola XT1060 MOTO X DE | Samsung N920T Galaxy Note5 | Microsoft RM-1073 Lumia 640 LTE | LG E960 Nexus4 | HTC ADR6300 Incredible | Nokia Asha 303 | Palm Pixi Plus | Motorola W233 Renew | Motorola VU204 | LG VS740 Ally | Motorola V325xi | LG VX8560 Chocolate3 | Motorola V265 | LG VX5400 | Nokia 6015i | Samsung VGA1000

Device(s)
    Nokia TA-1045 6.1 Android One | HTC "10" (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile prepaid | Verizon PrePay
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileFonPhile View Post
    Description: While playing a game (Pokemon Go in this case), I put my TMUS-branded HTC 10 phone down on the table. Then the view on the display changed to the lock screen view with a blue & pink themed clock face. Specifically it showed digital indication of current time with a pink circle around it, and a partial blue ring around the pink one which was acting as a sweeping seconds-hand. Then I needed to pick up the phone & unlock in order to access the game directly again. This happened two or three times before gameplay resumed uninterrupted.

Up to this point I had not seen that clock face before. It did not appear available from the stock HTC wallpapers, nor does it appear to be a TMUS app either. It seemed to be triggered by the proximity sensor... Or perhaps it's part of the magnetically-actuated HTC Ice flip-cover theme? IDK...

Any HoFoers experienced a similar happening with their TMUS-branded HTC 10 device?

UPDATE: It's confirmed from a GIS that what I'd seen *was* the HTC Ice View clock. However, I haven't yet been able to replicate what caused it to launch during gameplay...

(because the phone was case-less at the time)