Thread: Weird caller ID format

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Weird caller ID format

Recently started getting caller ID on some call in the format of +1<10 digit number>;+1<6 digit, I think it's acutall 10 digit, but gets cut off>

Initial I thought it's just spoofed unsolicited calls, but some valid call came in that way too.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does this happen with a specific phone carrier or is it randomly happening with all phone calls?

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Spam calls I assume the number maybe faked via voip. Had legit business calls from that probably have a pbx to share outbound lines, not sure what their service is.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My Mother called me today to tell me she's having a similar issue. I haven't seen her for her to actually show it to me but what she described seems to match what is posted in this thread. She said it's legitimate calls from people she knows who are in her phone address book and she believes it's happening whenever someone calls her from a landline. She's on Total Wireless which is a Verizon MVNO. It seems like maybe it could be some type of network issue either with Verizon or the originating phone call.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Question Caller ID Number formatting

I don't know if this is at all related...

On my landlines, and on my regular cell phones (yes, I have that service), the Caller ID Number comes thru as 10 digits. Formatted and displayed as (123) 456-7890 or 123-456-7890. I believe the formatting is done locally by the phone.

However, on my Home Phone Connect (HPC), the Caller ID Number comes thru as 11 digits, with a "1" always prefixed onto the 10 digits. Unfortunately, all of the phones I have connected to my HPC will not attempt to format 11 digits. So, the number is left unformatted and displayed as 11234567890.

I complained to VZW tech people, and they quickly dismissed my complaint claiming the HPC follows Caller ID standards. Which I guess, means that HPC is the only service (land or cell) provided by Verizon that actually does (sarcasm on)?