Thread: How do I remove "my number" from my old V60s after a master reset?

Feedback Score

Question How do I remove "my number" from my old V60s after a master reset?

I have two old Motorola V60s CDMA flip phones I am planning to sell. I've done a Master Clear and Master Reset but the phone number for each phone still shows up. I tried changing NAM1 info but to no avail. I do not know the Carrier System ID--they were on the Verizon (PagePlus) network. How can I erase the numbers? HELP!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by day2day View Post
    I have two old Motorola V60s CDMA flip phones I am planning to sell. I've done a Master Clear and Master Reset but the phone number for each phone still shows up. I tried changing NAM1 info but to no avail. I do not know the Carrier System ID--they were on the Verizon (PagePlus) network. How can I erase the numbers? HELP!!
    The last provisioned phone number is stuck in Android phones until a new number is activated.

Feedback Score
    They aren't Android phones. Is there any "risk" in having the number displayed? We are using the same phone numbers on two new phones--just want to ensure someone can't use the same numbers or access the accounts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by day2day View Post
    They aren't Android phones. Is there any "risk" in having the number displayed? We are using the same phone numbers on two new phones--just want to ensure someone can't use the same numbers or access the accounts.
    Sorry, I missed that these are flip phones.

I wouldn't worry about it. You own the numbers on an active service. This happens with millions of used Android phones where the last number is on the phone until it is activated again.

Are the phones Verizon or Sprint? They will be useless on Verizon by April 2019 when Vz will stop activating CDMA-only phones on their MVNOs. They already can't be activated directly on Vz.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! They were used on PagePlus which uses the Verizon network. Didn't know that about April 2019--wow.