Thread: Phone prices way up, $150 for Q7+ and $60 for Stylo 4

Feedback Score

Phone prices way up, $150 for Q7+ and $60 for Stylo 4

I was suggesting to a friend who had a broken screen that he switch to Metro to get a better phone, but now I see the Stylo 4 went from $0 to $60, and the Q7+ from $50 to $150. Plus the activation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora415 View Post
    I was suggesting to a friend who had a broken screen that he switch to Metro to get a better phone, but now I see the Stylo 4 went from $0 to $60, and the Q7+ from $50 to $150. Plus the activation.
    The phone sales at Metropcs ended last week on most of their in demand phones but the lesser demand phones are still free or low cost. Metropcs has a top data speed of 1.5mbps and phone service cuts in and out

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thiagosantiro View Post
    The phone sales at Metropcs ended last week on most of their in demand phones but the lesser demand phones are still free or low cost. Metropcs has a top data speed of 1.5mbps and phone service cuts in and out

Metro doesn't limit their data speed. I've gotten close to 100 Mbps before. It all depends on your location and how crowded your local towers are.

Sent from my LG-US996 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    In my opinion the prices on most of the good Metro phones are a bit outrageous unless you're switching from another carrier and taking advantage of a promotion. It's sad that Metro doesn't seem to take care of their dedicated/loyal customers by offering them a really good upgrade path. What they don't realize is that if a customer breaks their phone and doesn't see a good upgrade path, their may be a competitor offering a better deal to switch. They do a great job trying to entice new customers to switch but they're going to lose just as many if they don't offer upgrade paths for those who stay.

What about it Metro? Why not take care of your loyal customers with promotions JUST FOR THEM?

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    cellular south
    Feedback Score
    I was looking at switching first of march, now I gotta rethink it
    Website Design
    youonthenetyet

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    To be honest all Metro phones are crap unless there high end you better off buying one of the unlocked moto G phones unless money is an issue you could also try cricket or boost I think they have better budget phones

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10+ using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, Metro is always so interest in dangling free phone bargains in front of "new" subscribers (coming from other carriers) that they really do a poor job offering bargains and deals to dedicated, long term customers.

I think that upgrade specials should be offered to customers who've been with Metro for over a year, etc. Maybe offer a cumulative credit type system that builds toward an upgrade (or other specials) the longer you are a customer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Well, Metro is always so interest in dangling free phone bargains in front of "new" subscribers (coming from other carriers) that they really do a poor job offering bargains and deals to dedicated, long term customers.

I think that upgrade specials should be offered to customers who've been with Metro for over a year, etc. Maybe offer a cumulative credit type system that builds toward an upgrade (or other specials) the longer you are a customer.

I think most carriers are similar to cable companies. You can only get a good deal when you are signing up as a new customer.

Often you can get a better deal by jumping to another carrier. And sometimes if you tell them you are going to another carrier they will offer you a better deal.

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile selling some of the same phones. Nephew tried to get a Stylo 4 for Tmobile and couldn't find one. They are probably diverting inventory from prepaid. Metro's iPhones are more then Cricket!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aml1025 View Post
    Metro doesn't limit their data speed. I've gotten close to 100 Mbps before. It all depends on your location and how crowded your local towers are.

Sent from my LG-US996 using HoFo mobile app
    You are measuring the data speeds at nearby towers not the data speed into your smartphone. Use www.fast.com to measure the data speed that Metropcs is allowing your smartphone to use.

Feedback Score
    Using fast.com is the issue. It is run by Netflix so it is just reading the video data speed to your phone, which may be throttled to 1.5 Mbps. Try another speed testing app or site and you should see a difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skydelta34 View Post
    Using fast.com is the issue. It is run by Netflix so it is just reading the video data speed to your phone, which may be throttled to 1.5 Mbps. Try another speed testing app or site and you should see a difference.
    Yup, my line with Metro smokes Cricket..by a big margin. I usually get 80mbps with Metro most everywhere here in N. California vs 3-5mbps with Cricket. For accurate measurement on speed, speedtest.net is the one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Yup, my line with Metro smokes Cricket..by a big margin. I usually get 80mbps with Metro most everywhere here in N. California vs 3-5mbps with Cricket. For accurate measurement on speed, speedtest.net is the one.
    Metro definitely doesn’t smoke cricket in most of norcal. I’m on the cricket unlimited extra plan, and there are so many busy places where metro struggled to even get over 1Mbps where cricket is screaming along at 30Mbps plus. ATT has done so much work to the network in NorCal, including installing tons of small cells in the past 6 months, where T-Mobile has stagnated. Overall metro is great, until you get to areas where there are lots of people, then it chokes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    Metro definitely doesn’t smoke cricket in most of norcal. I’m on the cricket unlimited extra plan, and there are so many busy places where metro struggled to even get over 1Mbps where cricket is screaming along at 30Mbps plus. ATT has done so much work to the network in NorCal, including installing tons of small cells in the past 6 months, where T-Mobile has stagnated. Overall metro is great, until you get to areas where there are lots of people, then it chokes.
    Northern California is very large and has more people than many States. In San Francisco, Metro towers are typically and often over congested, Metro phones are unable to play a Youtube without pausing. So yes, < 1MPs. But there could be some areas where its true. Right now I'm also on Cricket, because for saving $5 / month, the better reliablity and speed of Cricket is worth it for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora415 View Post
    Northern California is very large and has more people than many States. In San Francisco, Metro towers are typically and often over congested, Metro phones are unable to play a Youtube without pausing. So yes, < 1MPs. But there could be some areas where its true. Right now I'm also on Cricket, because for saving $5 / month, the better reliablity and speed of Cricket is worth it for me.
    I'm in SF every week for business and have never experienced slow data from Metro. Cricket speeds max out at 8mbps..that's it. Metro has no speed cap and even with two bars, I'll still pull 50+mbps. I do give Cricket's Att network a bit of a edge with more coverage in the boonies, but that is quickly changing with T-Mo's continued rollout of new towers and bands. No wrong choice between the two, but the slow data speed on Cricket makes for some frustrating slow internet.