Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61

Thread: Can A ZTE Mobley IMEI Be Re-Used To Activate Another Connected Car Plan?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,949
    Feedback Score
    0

    Can A ZTE Mobley IMEI Be Re-Used To Activate Another Connected Car Plan?

    As posted above, I am wondering if a ZTE Mobley IMEI can be re-used to activate another Connected Car Plan?

    Here is my situation. I bought my first ZTE Mobley and moved the SIM card to a Netgear Unite Explore 815S. The ZTE Mobley is just sitting unused now. My mother-in-law could benefit from the $20 per month Connected Car Plan. If she calls to activate and provides the IMEI from my ZTE Mobley, will that allow her to activate a new line of service?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    179
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    You might as well just generate an IMEI since you've already committed to being dishonest (not that I care, more power to you).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,580
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by andben2 View Post
    You might as well just generate an IMEI since you've already committed to being dishonest (not that I care, more power to you).
    How is moving your Mobley SIM to another hotspot and asking AT&T to activate the Mobley with another SIM dishonest?

    I kind of doubt that AT&T will allow this, but it is not dishonest to ask.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,981
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I kind of doubt that AT&T will allow this, but it is not dishonest to ask.
    I don't know why they wouldn't allow it. Their terms allow you to swap a SIM to another device.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,580
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I don't know why they wouldn't allow it. Their terms allow you to swap a SIM to another device.
    Someone could setup a cottage industry buying one after another and moving them to other hotspots to sell. I guess it would have to be a lease since AFAIK the service can't be transferred.

    Whatever, I don't care. That is up to AT&T.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    143
    Feedback Score
    0
    Last time the plan was avalanche, two people at work used my mobley to get the plan.

    Wouldn't try it on the same plan.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    143
    Feedback Score
    0
    Meant same account.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    143
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Someone could setup a cottage industry buying one after another and moving them to other hotspots to sell. I guess it would have to be a lease since AFAIK the service can't be transferred.

    Whatever, I don't care. That is up to AT&T.
    Post paid, hard credit pull, 10 max per account.

    Now this is already happening with the prepaid tablet plan.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,580
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    Post paid, hard credit pull, 10 max per account.

    Now this is already happening with the prepaid tablet plan.
    Good point. The hard credit pull would limit the ability to activate and resell many.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I don't know why they wouldn't allow it. Their terms allow you to swap a SIM to another device.
    Their terms don’t allow you to swap Mobley SIM to another device besides the Mobley device.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    143
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Their terms don’t allow you to swap Mobley SIM to another device besides the Mobley device.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could you point to that in the terms and conditions?

    They even offer a portable hotspot router on some accounts as an upgrade to the mobley. I don't see them doing that if it is against their T&C.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,981
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    Could you point to that in the terms and conditions?
    Yes macher52, please post a link to the terms you are referring to that prohibit using the Mobley SIM in another device.

    Thank you in advance.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,074
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Their terms don’t allow you to swap Mobley SIM to another device besides the Mobley device.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did AT&T change the ToS on this plan? If so, can you please share the new ToS? On that note, does anyone have a copy of the original ToS or one from recently? I meant to save when I setup a new line but didn't now I can't find it and customer service doesn't know how to get it. Thanks!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,074
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    Post paid, hard credit pull, 10 max per account.

    Now this is already happening with the prepaid tablet plan.
    No hard credit pull for me... I thought it was always soft credit pull?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    Did AT&T change the ToS on this plan? If so, can you please share the new ToS? On that note, does anyone have a copy of the original ToS or one from recently? I meant to save when I setup a new line but didn't now I can't find it and customer service doesn't know how to get it. Thanks!
    It’s a fact that the Mobley is internally classified as a connected car hotspot. In fact when I go to my account it says connected car unlimited.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can T-mobile sim card be re-used.
    By plane in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 09:05 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 09:13 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 03:29 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 04:59 PM
  5. Can Cingular SIM be Re-used
    By DiMAn0684 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 06:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks