Thread: LGL44VL doesn't hold a charge as long as it used to

Feedback Score

LGL44VL doesn't hold a charge as long as it used to

I need help with my LGL44VL Android smart phone. The length of time the phone will hold a charge recently plummeted from a few days to about 12 hours. This happened last summer and I was able to fix it by doing a factory reset. I would like to avoid that this time. So I'm looking for direction in pinpointing the problem or if you actually know what the problem is that would be great. I am not especially phone-savy and it could be something simple. As I said I can fix this with a reset (assuming the problem is the same as the last time) but I would like to avoid that if possible.

I did not make any changes to the phone immediately prior to the appearance of the problem, at least not any that I recall. Other than the charging issue the phone appears to work fine.

Some background:

Model: LG LGL44VL Android smart phone
    Service provider: Tracfone
    Age of phone: about a year and a half
    Apps I've installed since last factory reset: None, to the best of my recollection
    Settings:
    Airplane mode: Off
    Wi-Fi: Off
    Bluetooth: Off
    Mobile data: On
    Battery saver: On

Feedback Score
    could be something in the phone it's self or a possible bad battery. another possibility is this - https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/2...-hidden-videos

Feedback Score

Tried a new battery

Thank you. I forgot to mention I tried a new battery the last time and it didn't work. A factory reset did work, which indicates that it's neither the phone nor the battery.

Also, I'm not familiar with ads on the phone. Where would these ads appear? Do they just popup? Once in a while, Tracfone sends me a promotional message but that's about all that I can see in the way of ads unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by projecttoday View Post
    I need help with my LGL44VL Android smart phone. The length of time the phone will hold a charge recently plummeted from a few days to about 12 hours. This happened last summer and I was able to fix it by doing a factory reset. I would like to avoid that this time. So I'm looking for direction in pinpointing the problem or if you actually know what the problem is that would be great. I am not especially phone-savy and it could be something simple. As I said I can fix this with a reset (assuming the problem is the same as the last time) but I would like to avoid that if possible.

I did not make any changes to the phone immediately prior to the appearance of the problem, at least not any that I recall. Other than the charging issue the phone appears to work fine.

Some background:

Model: LG LGL44VL Android smart phone
    Service provider: Tracfone
    Age of phone: about a year and a half
    Apps I've installed since last factory reset: None, to the best of my recollection
    Settings:
    Airplane mode: Off
    Wi-Fi: Off
    Bluetooth: Off
    Mobile data: On
    Battery saver: On