Thread: When O When are you going to correct the 502 errors on 03-25-19?

Feedback Score

When O When are you going to correct the 502 errors on 03-25-19?

I just came back and tried to comment on the Cloudflare notice - in the Forum Feedback & Help forum after getting an email that fail had replied to it. I could not get in due to 502 ERROR that I have been getting allllllllll morning no matter what thread I try to get in! Sometimes I get the Cloudflare notice and then the 502 ERROR and sometimes it is just the @#$%* 502 ERROR.

So. . . here is yet another thread because I can't reply or even read anything else unless you count 502 ERROR screens.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The 502 error is BECAUSE of CloudFlare and seems to affect Firefox more so than other browsers. This has been explained before and isn't going to go away because there's nothing we can do about it other than disable CloudFlare which would cause the site to go down when we are under bot attacks. You can thank the people attacking the site for the inconvenience.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    The 502 error is BECAUSE of CloudFlare and seems to affect Firefox more so than other browsers. This has been explained before and isn't going to go away because there's nothing we can do about it other than disable CloudFlare which would cause the site to go down when we are under bot attacks. You can thank the people attacking the site for the inconvenience.
    But WHY did I keep getting the 502 ERROR all day yesterday and then again this morning? I only got in after I remembered a very multi step process that I thought I remembered working in the past.

I first tried just closing the tab for HOFO and close Firefox, Reopening Firefox then did nothing to get rid of 502 ERRORS. I had to make sure the HOFO tab was no longer there. Go to section in Firefox where I could manage cookies, make sure that I remembered to save the changes when deleting the HOFO cookies (I took them off more than once but missed the box to save the changes). Restart Firefox, open a new tab, put the HOFO address in, put in my user name & password. Then I was in but confronted with a box about agreeing to cookies which seems to be an additional annoying thing for most sites anymore.

Why should we have to go through something like I just did once the 502 ERROR is cleared at your end? The 502 ERROR pages had been saying that CloudFlare was working correctly, my browser was working correctly but that the error was with HOFO. I just wrote this from memory so am not sure if that is the exact wording but it is what it was telling me.

Then when I did get in this morning I did not see Your Morning Briefing for yesterday listed. It was one of the threads that I had tried but could not get in because of a 502 ERROR.

Please think about what we go through because of the way HOFO is currently setup.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Regardless of what CloudFlare is telling you, when it's turned off things work fine, when it's turned on you'll see the 502 errors, more so in Firefox than in other browers in my experience. There is no 502 error to clear at our end and I have personally not seen it on Firefox and Chrome on macOS and Windows 10. We've had CloudFlare on for several days and it will stay on until the bot attacks stop. If that's causing access interruptions, there's not much we can do about it. Turning CloudFlare off will resolve the 502 error, but then the site will get taken down entirely.

Again, you can thank the people attacking the site for what you're experiencing, we're not purposely doing this to make your life more difficult. We'll play around with the CloudFlare settings available to us, but I can't promise anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    Regardless of what CloudFlare is telling you, when it's turned off things work fine, when it's turned on you'll see the 502 errors, more so in Firefox than in other browers in my experience. There is no 502 error to clear at our end. We've had CloudFlare on for several days and it will stay on until the bot attacks stop. If that's causing access interruptions, there's little we can do about that. Turning CloudFlare off will resolve the 502 error, but then the site will get taken down entirely.

Again, you can thank the people attacking the site for what you're experiencing, we're not purposely doing this to make your life more difficult. We'll play around with the CloudFlare settings available to us, but I can't promise anything.
    What bothers me is that it seems that once a 502 ERROR comes on it NEVER goes away unless a user does something like I did (I feel sure the exact order etc. of doing what vary from browser to browser).