Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Streaming video quality improved?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0

    Streaming video quality improved?

    I’ve noticed that since yesterday all YouTube videos are defaulting to 1080p60 and Facebook videos are loading instantly even though fast.com is still running at 2.0 mbps. Anybody else experiencing this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,133
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I’ve been noticing this for a few weeks now. Video never buffers anymore, even when I’m at my place, which provides speeds of 5-12 Mbps.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    I’ve been noticing this for a few weeks now. Video never buffers anymore, even when I’m at my place, which provides speeds of 5-12 Mbps.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I hope it keeps up, it makes prepaid feel like a much more premium experience.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    852
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    I’ve noticed that since yesterday all YouTube videos are defaulting to 1080p60 and Facebook videos are loading instantly even though fast.com is still running at 2.0 mbps. Anybody else experiencing this?
    Are you rounding up? Because video should max out at 1.8 Mbps so if you are getting 2 Mbps that's 10% improvement

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    774
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Are you rounding up? Because video should max out at 1.8 Mbps so if you are getting 2 Mbps that's 10% improvement
    I’m averaging, it usually bounces between 1.8-2.2.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,133
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    I’m averaging, it usually bounces between 1.8-2.2.
    Same results here!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 07:40 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 01:52 PM
  3. Improve V3xx Video Quality?
    By Drumm3r27 in forum Motorola
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 09:20 PM
  4. Anyone kno how to improve DVD Video Quality?
    By Seedling in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 06:08 PM
  5. Is there a seem edit to improve v3c video quality?
    By bydict in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 09:50 PM

Bookmarks