Thread: Apple eSIM

Feedback Score

Apple eSIM

So I have AT&T as my primary and I decided to activate T-Mobile as my secondary to test out the network. A DAS has been in my work location for a while now and T-Mobile recently got on the network. I now have excellent coverage but I知 surprised how slow it is especially since I keep seeing these advertisements about how much after T-Mobile is. Verizon is in the same DAS and my coworkers with Verizon are seeing speeds over 100 while I知 only seeing 20s. With my primary AT&T with crappy coverage I知 getting faster speeds.

So is there a data cap on the iPhone eSIM or is T-Mobile full of ****? I ran speed tests all over my home area and T-Mobile has yet to beat AT&T.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I thought only pre-paid was supported on eSim? Maybe that痴 the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Prepaid will often get lower speeds then postpaid. eSim won't make a difference.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    キTキキキMobileキ USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bj.doman View Post
    So I have AT&T as my primary and I decided to activate T-Mobile as my secondary to test out the network. A DAS has been in my work location for a while now and T-Mobile recently got on the network. I now have excellent coverage but I’m surprised how slow it is especially since I keep seeing these advertisements about how much after T-Mobile is. Verizon is in the same DAS and my coworkers with Verizon are seeing speeds over 100 while I’m only seeing 20s. With my primary AT&T with crappy coverage I’m getting faster speeds.

So is there a data cap on the iPhone eSIM or is T-Mobile full of ****? I ran speed tests all over my home area and T-Mobile has yet to beat AT&T.
    Prepaid is always a lower priority on the network.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Feedback Score
    Everything is location dependent. I see the exact opposite where I live; Verizon is the slowest and T-Mobile is blazing fast. As far as your speeds, 20mbps is fast enough to do most anything on mobile. So it痴 easy to get wrapped up in speed test numbers but the key is that it works. If you drive a mile away, you may see opposite speeds. Speeds can drastically change even over a few feet.