Thread: Which carriers allow a SAFE-LINK port in.....???

Feedback Score

Which carriers allow a SAFE-LINK port in.....???

I am helping a friend get a new phone. She has a Safelink government phone because she's on EBT.

For her to get the best deal she has to port in her old number.

Problem is... some carriers don't allow a port from Dafelink. For instance, Boost told her over the phone they could do it. When she went there, they wouldn't let her do it.

My questions are as follows. Which prepaid carriers allow a SafeLink port in and which do not? And is this location based or perhaps the local dealer has the option?

Thank you

Leesa

Feedback Score
    I believe tracfone does, since they are owned by the
    same company. tracfone uses VERIZON - AT&T & T-MOBILE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesa2019 View Post
    I am helping a friend get a new phone. She has a Safelink government phone because she's on EBT.

For her to get the best deal she has to port in her old number.

Problem is... some carriers don't allow a port from Dafelink. For instance, Boost told her over the phone they could do it. When she went there, they wouldn't let her do it.

My questions are as follows. Which prepaid carriers allow a SafeLink port in and which do not? And is this location based or perhaps the local dealer has the option?

Thank you

Leesa
    Try cricketwireless.com , they have made it easy to port-in online, they also have a small selection of free phones for most port-ins. She will need to pay for 1 month in advance. If the port succeeds - she's set. Cricket is owned by at&t, so coverage is pretty good. If the port does not succeed, the cost of the 1 month plan is refunded back to the credit card. Good luck.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4
    Carrier(s)
    SafeLink(T-Mobile), FreedomPop(AT&T and Sprint), Google Fi
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

1. There is no better deal than SafeLink Wireless unless one no longer qualify for LifeLine. Since she is on EBT, she should still be qualified for LifeLine. Thus, she should keep SafeLink Wireless as it does offer the best deal which is totally free.

2. Only Google Voice limits port in from mobile carriers only, all others carriers/operators regardless what type accept port in from all carriers as long as the carrier they are using for port in has a presence at the rate center of the telephone number. Therefore, you need to provide first seven digits of the telephone number first. Most likely, it is within a rate center that Sprint does not have a presence since Boost uses Sprint as carrier.

3. Without knowing the first seven digits of the telephone number first, only current operator is known as SafeLink Wireless, my guess the carrier is T-Mobile as SafeLink Wireless uses T-Mobile as carrier most often. Hence, all operators use T-Mobile as carrier will be able to accept the telephone number for port in. To find out a list of almost all operators rely on T-Mobile as carrier, please refer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...work_operators where "Company" is a virtual network operator while "Host network" is a carrier.

4. Without limiting operators to T-Mobile as carrier, you should first provide first seven digits of the telephone number, then a list of carriers having presence at the rate center can be provided in replying post.
    Last edited by hoktrillian; 03-26-2019 at 09:48 AM.