Thread: PAYG 4G plan expiration extended

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

PAYG 4G plan expiration extended

I saw someone mention this in another thread (activating voLTE or VVM?), but I didn't know if it was system wide.

Anyway, I was checking my plan balance today and noticed that my expiration date was pushed to 7/17/19.

There are a bunch of refill entries on 3/19/19 ... similar to when I converted from 3G to 4G. However, this time only the expiration date was moved 4 months. No increase in balance.

Perfect timing as I was about to buy a PIN at callingmart, since my plan was supposed to expire on 4/1/19.

P.S. My Dad's expiration was also pushed to 7/17/19.

P.P.S. VoLTE has been activate on our iPhones since activating (and converting plan from 3G to 4G) in August/Sept 2018.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmart View Post
    I saw someone mention this in another thread (activating voLTE or VVM?), but I didn't know if it was system wide.

Anyway, I was checking my plan balance today and noticed that my expiration date was pushed to 7/17/19.

There are a bunch of refill entries on 3/19/19 ... similar to when I converted from 3G to 4G. However, this time only the expiration date was moved 4 months. No increase in balance.

Perfect timing as I was about to buy a PIN at callingmart, since my plan was supposed to expire on 4/1/19.

P.S. My Dad's expiration was also pushed to 7/17/19.

P.P.S. VoLTE has been activate on our iPhones since activating (and converting plan from 3G to 4G) in August/Sept 2018.
    I think I'm the someone you refer to recently. Posted last in the Cryptic VVM thread. The refill entries are what caught my eye. Happened to all my phones (except a couple none SIM phones I still have active.). Added another 4 months to my PayGos. As you saw the refill just resets the balance you had and extends the date.
    One of mine however did it twice so also doubled my balance. These are all phones that have been activated for awhile.

The same thing you mentioned happening to the balance happened to me when I first activated a phone with a TF BYOD SIM back in December. My $10 card turned into $100. Now that due date which is coming up in April has been extended to July with this latest glitch. It'll take me the rest of the year to use the original balance glitch. At least I don't have to add more for another 4 months

I don't know how system wide it is since there haven't been many replies to when I mentioned. Maybe just on PayGo accounts or people don't check their due dates or balances much if they're on monthly plans anyway. But clearly has to do with some SIM re-provisioning (like VVM) glitch.

Carrier(s)
    TmobileToGo
    Feedback Score
    Just checked mine. It needed refill in April-extended to July now with no action by me. Go figure. Not complaining.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    The same thing happened to me ... same dates. I had recently bought CallingMart PINs, now must wait to use them.

Feedback Score
    The same thing happened to me when I switched my sim from a 4g non-VoLTE phone to a 4g VoLTE phone. As it happens, I had applied a new pin about two weeks earlier, so I didn't get much a boost, but since it was a windfall, I can't complain.

Feedback Score
    This also happened on my phone. It seemed to happen at the same time that VoLTE started working. I'm assuming it was part of enabling VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomasont View Post
    This also happened on my phone. It seemed to happen at the same time that VoLTE started working. I'm assuming it was part of enabling VoLTE.
    I think it's tied to when PP started doing mass provisioning of VoLTE on any active SIMs. At the same time it did that to mine it also changed basic VM back to VVM on my MyFlip which doesn't support VVM. I didn't call them to change it back to basic since I still get a notification...though it's that garbled text one discussed in other threads, it's still a notice. My smartphones all get a regular VM notice via VVM just like basic VM does/did. You just don't need to use data and the VVM app to retrieve...just the regular old *86.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    You also should consider these occurrences in light of how things happen with and for TracFone brand users.

There are simply periods of consistent positive windfall to users in balances and Service Days, generally when performing transfers between devices or SIM cards. I think the TF users are in a bit of a lull right now with that. It's referred to fondly as the "TracFone Lottery".

So this thing that happens with PPC, I believe, is just a reflection of that glitch on another of their subsidiary divisions.

Device(s)
    Moto G5+ XT1687, 2*Moto E4 XT1768
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Page Plus, Freedompop-ATT
    Feedback Score
    My PPC paygo account, converted to 4G-LTE last September or so, also just had its expiration extended into July, from an original date of 4/21/2019 to 7/17/2019, for 87 bonus days in all if I'm figuring correctly. This happened sometime within the past two weeks, with no action on my part, and nothing's showing up on the web site under recent transactions or renewal activity. VoLTE has been working since I first switched service over to the new LTE phone (Moto E4 XT1768 with US Cellular firmware).

Can't complain about these sorts of "glitches"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fetcher View Post
    My PPC paygo account, converted to 4G-LTE last September or so, also just had its expiration extended into July, from an original date of 4/21/2019 to 7/17/2019, for 87 bonus days in all if I'm figuring correctly. This happened sometime within the past two weeks, with no action on my part, and nothing's showing up on the web site under recent transactions or renewal activity. VoLTE has been working since I first switched service over to the new LTE phone (Moto E4 XT1768 with US Cellular firmware).

Can't complain about these sorts of "glitches"
    Same for my XT1768. Like I mentioned; I think it's their mass provisioning. All my phones that had VoLTE provisioned when first activated are just somehow getting resets again..........and the bonus.

Feedback Score
    The expiration data still resets currently for 120 days after converting to 4G Pay As You Go.

Does it stick?

I read people were getting huge amount of credits(bonus) last year, then months later they were taken away. But did they do anything to the expiration date?

Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Same for my XT1768. Like I mentioned; I think it's their mass provisioning. All my phones that had VoLTE provisioned when first activated are just somehow getting resets again..........and the bonus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggeria View Post
    The expiration data still resets currently for 120 days after converting to 4G Pay As You Go.

Does it stick?

I read people were getting huge amount of credits(bonus) last year, then months later they were taken away. But did they do anything to the expiration date?
    When it happened to me my big bonus credit was taken away but just back to my original replenishment amount without reducing it by any usage. But the extended expiration date stayed the same.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have two lines. One was set to expire 2/4/2020 and the other 3/5/2020. They both recently got extended to 4/18/2020 for no apparent reason and not as a result of any action on my part.