Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Verizon call filter app ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    Anyone here using it ?
    I’ve been paying for this since 2014 and never needed to install the app because Caller ID works natively in iOS. I’ve noticed that lately I’ve been getting Spam notifications via Caller ID by the name info being replaced with something like “Spam Caller”. I found this pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    I installed Verizon’s call filter app yesterday thinking it was free but after it was installed I found out it’s only free for the first 10 days, after that it supposedly jumps to $2.99 per month ? A few days ago the tv news said AT&T had come out with a free app to help block robot calls that’s what got me interested now I’m wondering if AT&T’s App is actually free or not ?
    The person I had talked to at Verizon told me it was a brandnew app that just came out yesterday but now I see there are actually close to 900 reviews and many of them are over a year old, lots of reviews complaining about the $2.99 per month fee. If it turns out there actually is a $2.99 per month fee I will very likely be deleting the app before the 10 days are up.
    It’s the same app, just that certain features were enabled that were previously accessible with a subscription. The free version of the service offers just the basics (spam detection, blocking and reporting numbers) while the premium version offers all that and more. For $2.99/mo per line, Call Filter will identify unknown numbers by name so you know who’s calling, give you additional controls with the ability to create a personal spam and block list, plus provide access to additional insights like the spam risk meter and spam lookup feature. Deleting the app won’t actually do anything. The trial will just turn into a monthly subscription. You’d need to opt out under My Verizon or within the app. https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...be-call-filter

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2007 View Post
    Verizon’s call filter app is free for basic. The free option is only a couple days new. You can turn it on in your add ons. There will be a FREE and a $2.99 version. Then download the app.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Not available for all phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Not available for all phones.
    I didn’t say it was.

Carrier History:
    Verizon Wireless 3/2019 -
    AT&T 12/2017 - 3/2019
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - 12/2017
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016

Feedback Score
    Chatted with Verizon about the call filter yesterday, they claim what I have installed is 100% free, hopefully that information is correct and if it’s not they will be hearing from me again.
    I haven’t recieved a Spam call since installing the app but it’s only been a few days, I never did get a lot of spam calls , just enough to be very aggravating sometimes.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    That is the information I've read. But there are more features available with the app if you pay.

One of the downsides of going prepaid is some of these "free" bonuses aren't available. But unless you are on a larger family plan (such as 4 lines), prepaid is cheaper.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Droid Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (1994, GTE MobileNet)
    Feedback Score
    On my Droid Turbo 2, I have an app called "Verizon Caller Name ID", which seems to be related to, but not the same as, the Call Filter app that I have on my iPhone 7 (I live in both the Android and Apple worlds). Both of them provide the Caller Name ID (names for callers not in one's phone book) feature when I pay the $2.99/mo fee. The app on the Droid has the spam filtering, but does not seem to have the custom block list, like the "Call Filter" app on the iPhone has. Is this some kind of device dependency, and what I get for using such an "old" phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2007 View Post
    I didn’t say it was.

I didn't say that you said it was. You gave valuable information "you can turn it on in your add ons". I added information. I think I'm allowed to do that.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I had the Caller ID Name $2.99/month feature/option for a few years now. Without notice, I was changed from Caller ID Name over to the new Call Filter feature/option, still at $2.99/month.

After I noticed this change on my bill, I downloaded the app too. After a few weeks, it managed to "snag" just 6 calls. That's only a faction of the SPAM calls I get.

What it doesn't seem to allow to do, is to report a SPAM call. I thought the app would have this feature, but no.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I didn't say that you said it was. You gave valuable information "you can turn it on in your add ons". I added information. I think I'm allowed to do that.
    No problem. Thanks for clarifying. I misunderstood.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Not available on Google Pixel 2 running latest Android version...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.vzw.ecid

Feedback Score
    For those of you on business accounts, you might have to log in and enable it in the options.
    Mine wouldn't until I did.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    Not available on Google Pixel 2 running latest Android version...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.vzw.ecid
    The Pixel already has it's own call blocking/spam filter feature. Open dialer, then settings, near the bottom it says Caller ID and Spam

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    The Pixel already has it's own call blocking/spam filter feature. Open dialer, then settings, near the bottom it says Caller ID and Spam
    I am aware but it doesnt let you automatically block and lately its fooled more often than not

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    I am aware but it doesnt let you automatically block and lately its fooled more often than not
    My Pixel 2 XL hardly gets any calls anymore so I'm not sure what's up wit yours.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    My Pixel 2 XL hardly gets any calls anymore so I'm not sure what's up wit yours.
    unless google changed something, they do not automatically block spam calls. so simply means your # is being targeted less. has nothing to do with the phone make/model.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast