Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Android Auto with LG L15G Sunrise possible ?

Feedback Score

Android Auto with LG L15G Sunrise possible ?

I understand Android Auto needs a phone with Android vers 5.0 or higher. The LG L15G has 4.4.2 and my phone says there are no updates. Is there any workaround or hack to make the phone work with my car?

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StymiedToo View Post
    Is there any workaround or hack to make the phone work with my car?
    No.

The only option would be an 3rd party OS to 5+ and I don't know of any for that phone.

Given the inexpensive phones with newer Oses it really doesn't make sense to not get a new phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    No.

The only option would be an 3rd party OS to 5+ and I don't know of any for that phone.

Given the inexpensive phones with newer Oses it really doesn't make sense to not get a new phone.
    With the L15G I get triple minutes minutes + triple message + triple data. I'd like to get a newer phone but am reluctant to give up the triple minutes feature.

Device(s)
    Tracfone iPhone 6S Tracfone iPhone SE, Samsung J3 Luna Pro, J3 Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    With the L15G I get triple minutes minutes + triple message + triple data. I'd like to get a newer phone but am reluctant to give up the triple minutes feature.
    You could buy a new Tracfone smartphone that comes with a year of service plus 1500 minutes, 1500 texts, 1.5GB of data for $59.99
    https://www.hsn.com/products/lg-rebe...testex/8705462

And then maybe repeat next year depending on what's available.

You can use the $49.99 one year service add-on card in combination with a smartphone plan card/s or just to extend time on m/t/d you have.

Right now, many TF smartphones are showing triple basic plans in the account or app (mine does and it is not TMFL). Don't know if that is going to last though or what the deal is with that. I don't bother with them... they give so little.
    Last edited by lappers; 03-30-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Feedback Score
    Fully agree with what @lappers said. Losing TMFL is not the "end of the world", and in most cases Smartphone plans are a better deal. I gave up on Basic plans years ago after looking at the simple math. And yes, transferring from a TMFL phone to a non-TMFL phone will often allow you to still use Basic cards as before.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestion, I never thought about buying a phone from HSN, probably because I've never bought anything from them. I did look at some Tracfones on Amazon but nothing seemed like a good deal.

I looked at HSN and just might get a phone from them. Besides the $59 one they had a couple at $99. I'll have to look & see if there's any advantage to spending more. One thing I noticed is they were CDMA. The TFs I've been using are GSM, mainly because that's what Walmart, Target, etc were selling in my local stores. I stayed with GSM & never had a problem locally or traveling out of state.

Since these HSN bundles already include lots of minutes & data, will they add to my existing minutes & data when I change my phone number over to a new loaded phone?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestion, I never thought about buying a phone from HSN, probably because I've never bought anything from them. I did look at some Tracfones on Amazon but nothing seemed like a good deal.

I looked at HSN and just might get a phone from them. Besides the $59 one they had a couple at $99. I'll have to look & see if there's any advantage to spending more. One thing I noticed is they were CDMA. The TFs I've been using are GSM, mainly because that's what Walmart, Target, etc were selling in my local stores. I stayed with GSM & never had a problem locally or traveling out of state.

Since these HSN bundles already include lots of minutes & data, will they add to my existing minutes & data when I change my phone number over to a new loaded phone?
    Yes. You will transfer the account on the old phone to the new HSN bundle phone as part of the activation of the new HSN phone. The phone number and minutes/text/data will transfer to the new phone and the bundle on the new phone will be added to it. This is best done in the online chat. This should be done a certain way so best if any questions to just ask here.

Whatever you do, DO NOT activate the new phone first and then transfer over. Yeah most TF smartphones lately run on Verizon.

Spending more on HSN usually will get you a better phone. The Rebel 3 there comes with Nougat 7.0 and I think a 5 MP rear camera and a 1.1 ghz quad core processor... not killer specs by any stretch but certainly adequate for basic smartphone use. The Rebel 4 for $99 has a 1 year 1200 m/t/d bundle (a little less) and that I think has oreo 8.1, 8MP rear camera, 1.4ghz quad core processor etc. The $109 Samsung J3 Orbit has a octa core processor and 8MP rear camera w/ 1 year 1500 bundle etc

Always read the listing on HSN to be sure of what you are getting bundle-wise. Sometimes the listing does not include a year of service or a good amount of minutes/text/data. Like the $79 Samsung J3 Orbit listing there... that is only for 90 days service and comes with only 750 minutes etc. The $109 listing comes with a year and 1500 m/t/d bundle.

HSN usually lowers the price of bundles as time goes on and usually has something on sale.

It's a good deal since the service alone would normally cost you $125.

If in the future you need to add more minutes/text/data via a smartphone plan option to the account, or say just text or data with the $10 or $5 data and text add-on, before adding it, get yourself a promo code which will give you extra benefits. Here is a good source.

In the online account in the checkout you can also find extra add-ons as well like the $49.99 year add-on, an option to add just minutes for $10 etc. These are currently only available to Tracfone branded phones.

Feedback Score
    You need to make sure Verizon works in your area. Tracfone smartphones do not roam.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There are also options on ebay.

This for example is a GSM Tracfone smartphone that comes with a year of service and 1200 minute bundle for $79.
    This particular model runs on T-mobile:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-LG...item41f851ded1

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 200
Size:  6.5 KB

I believe that phone bundle recently had a buy one, get one free promotion, which was a crazy good deal.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    SIM swap. As far as TF is concerned you still have the old phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    Yes. You will transfer the account on the old phone to the new HSN bundle phone as part of the activation of the new HSN phone. The phone number and minutes/text/data will transfer to the new phone and the bundle on the new phone will be added to it. This is best done in the online chat. This should be done a certain way so best if any questions to just ask here.

Whatever you do, DO NOT activate the new phone first and then transfer over. Yeah most TF smartphones lately run on Verizon.

Spending more on HSN usually will get you a better phone. The Rebel 3 there comes with Nougat 7.0 and I think a 5 MP rear camera and a 1.1 ghz quad core processor... not killer specs by any stretch but certainly adequate for basic smartphone use. The Rebel 4 for $99 has a 1 year 1200 m/t/d bundle (a little less) and that I think has oreo 8.1, 8MP rear camera, 1.4ghz quad core processor etc. The $109 Samsung J3 Orbit has a octa core processor and 8MP rear camera w/ 1 year 1500 bundle etc

Always read the listing on HSN to be sure of what you are getting bundle-wise. Sometimes the listing does not include a year of service or a good amount of minutes/text/data. Like the $79 Samsung J3 Orbit listing there... that is only for 90 days service and comes with only 750 minutes etc. The $109 listing comes with a year and 1500 m/t/d bundle.

HSN usually lowers the price of bundles as time goes on and usually has something on sale.

It's a good deal since the service alone would normally cost you $125.

If in the future you need to add more minutes/text/data via a smartphone plan option to the account, or say just text or data with the $10 or $5 data and text add-on, before adding it, get yourself a promo code which will give you extra benefits. Here is a good source.

In the online account in the checkout you can also find extra add-ons as well like the $49.99 year add-on, an option to add just minutes for $10 etc. These are currently only available to Tracfone branded phones.
    I was also looking at the LG Premier Pro with 1500 mins for $99, and the Motorola Moto e5 with 1200 mins for $99 which has a large 4000mAh battery but is not replaceable.

I took a quick look at a some reviews all these phones seemed to be about the same, nothing spectacular but decent entry level smartphones.

If I get a new phone every year with bundled minutes as mentioned, then it probably makes no difference whether the OS is vers 7 or 8.

The last Tracfone I transferred minutes onto I did online. There was an issue with something (don’t recall) and ended up calling them to get corrected.

What is the proper way to do this via online chat?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If I recall correctly, you could also get the LG Premier Pro on Tracfone.com and pair it with a $125 card and use special40 and it comes to about $99. I'm not sure but I think it may come with a separate $125 card which is just begging for a promo code. And it will have more flexibility using it since it is not bundled into the phone. Still want to do the transfer first. But not 100% sure if card is separate. Not sure if phone is any good etc. Maybe someone else can confirm if it is separate. I know the $15 smartphone plans come or came as separate cards with the special40 with the exception of iPhone SE which was pre-bundled with phone.

Name:  new.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  34.2 KB

The main thing in the chat is you want to first ask the balance and service time of your old phone. Have them tell it to you in the chat.
    Then you tell the rep you want to transfer that account to a new Tracfone smartphone you have.
    And then have them confirm the balance when done. It's a good idea to copy/paste the chat text into a text file and also have the transcript sent to you via email. So this way if something goes wrong at any time you have some documentation of what happened.
    I like to take a screenshot of my online account with the date showing once it settles. And occasionally with major changes.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Moto E5, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The last Tracfone I transferred minutes onto I did online. There was an issue with something (don’t recall) and ended up calling them to get corrected.

What is the proper way to do this via online chat?
    Here's my spiel....

We recommend that you contact TF to have service transferred from your old phone to the new phone during activation of the new phone. It should be done during ONE contact. Use Chat instead of calling TF, because everything will be recorded in the Chat's transcript, and if something goes wrong you can contact TF again, refer to the ticket number and the next rep can look at that chat transcript. That will save you the burden of proving what your previous balance was. At the end of the Chat, copy the chat transcript from your computer screen and paste it into a document file on your computer for safekeeping. There's an option for you to enter your email address and have the chat transcript sent to you, but it's not very reliable.

The main thing is to ask the rep at the beginning of the chat to give the balance and expiration date of your current phone. That way, the balance info will be in the transcript and it comes from the rep, not you. Then ask for the new balance and expiration date after the activation. Also, be sure to ask for a ticket number before the chat ends.

You can try now to see if you can get to Chat. Go to TF web site, click on HELP-->Contact Us-->you should see an Online Chat option and a red box to click on. If you don't see it, check and see if you're running a pop-up blocker which prevents the red box from popping up.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just noticed the LG Premier Pro model on tracfone.com is l413 and on HSN is l414.. I don't know maybe they are different or perhaps the same. Seem like same specs. But anyway, it's another option.

https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-L413DL-premier-pro

https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg...ne-premier-pro

Added: Looks like the 413 comes with Nougat 7.1 and 414 comes with Oreo 8.1. Don't know if other differences.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    Just noticed the LG Premier Pro model on tracfone.com is l413 and on HSN is l414.. I don't know maybe they are different or perhaps the same. Seem like same specs. But anyway, it's another option.

https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-L413DL-premier-pro

https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg...ne-premier-pro

Added: Looks like the 413 comes with Nougat 7.1 and 414 comes with Oreo 8.1. Don't know if other differences.
    L414 supports LTE band 71 (T-Mobile's 600 mHz band), L413 doesn't
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast