Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Current phone information on TF website

Feedback Score

Current phone information on TF website

I went to look last night to find my mother's phone model (she has a TF flip) in her account info on the TF website. I know on my Verizon account I can find a full description of my current Verizon phone, though I couldn't find any info on her phone on TF's website.
    I could of course just go there to look at it, though we live quite far. But I was just wondering if this info is actually on the TF website ? Didi I miss it, or is it just not there ?

Thanks guys...

Device(s)
    Tracfone iPhone 6S Tracfone iPhone SE, Samsung J3 Luna Pro, J3 Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HardWird View Post
    I went to look last night to find my mother's phone model (she has a TF flip) in her account info on the TF website. I know on my Verizon account I can find a full description of my current Verizon phone, though I couldn't find any info on her phone on TF's website.
    I could of course just go there to look at it, though we live quite far. But I was just wondering if this info is actually on the TF website ? Didi I miss it, or is it just not there ?

Thanks guys...

I don't think it's on the site. I usually rename my phones so looking through transaction history I just see the name I gave them. But All options/transaction history may be one place to check to see what is there.

I know that on an old TF flip phone I have, on the actual phone, the model of the phone is listed in Menu/Settings/Phone information (scroll down for phone information). There is a "model name" entry there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    I don't think it's on the site. I usually rename my phones so looking through transaction history I just see the name I gave them. But All options/transaction history may be one place to check to see what is there.

I know that on an old TF flip phone I have, on the actual phone, the model of the phone is listed in Menu/Settings/Phone information (scroll down for phone information). There is a "model name" entry there.

Thanks lappers I didn't think so, but I thought maybe I just missed it. I'll have to get down there to look at the actual phone itself.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Moto E5, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'll have to get down there to look at the actual phone itself.
    Does your mother know how to open the back of the flip phone? (Some are easy to open, some are not). The make/model should be on a label under the battery.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I know on my Verizon account I can find a full description of my current Verizon phone
    That only works for some phones. A lot of universal/unlocked phones don't show full info or at least didn't back in 16/17.

The TF page may show the IMEI of her phone and you could try using that to look up the phone. Results vary, especially with older phones.

Any particular reason you need to know the model?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Does your mother know how to open the back of the flip phone? (Some are easy to open, some are not). The make/model should be on a label under the battery.

Thanks hpham, probably best if I just go down and look myself. She'd probably have a hard time with that. Good idea, I didn't consider looking under the battery. I'll check both places.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    That only works for some phones. A lot of universal/unlocked phones don't show full info or at least didn't back in 16/17.

The TF page may show the IMEI of her phone and you could try using that to look up the phone. Results vary, especially with older phones.

Any particular reason you need to know the model?

Thanks ST, I couldn't find any info on the web site, though I'll look again to make sure.
    I just wanted to check and see if she'll need a new phone for the upcoming Verizon change over later this year. Not sure if her phone will still work. Probably not.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just wanted to check and see if she'll need a new phone for the upcoming Verizon change over later this year. Not sure if her phone will still work. Probably not.
    She has a CDMA flip phone or you don't know if it's CDMA?

Verizon VoLTE flip phones are few and recent. If she's had it a while ot likely isn't VoLTE capable and will need replaced.

I looked and all I have left on my account is BYOP stuff, 2 are GSM so lists SIM number.
    and show the 15 of the SIM. The other is CDMA and show the MEID (decimal).

If you see a 13 or 18 digit number you could try it at meidconverter.com and see if the results make sense.

But it could just have an 11 digit ESN.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 03-31-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    May not be necessary to look at the model number tag. The SIM number should be in the Prepaid menu. If it's a CDMA phone there will be no SIM card. CDMA = replace.

Feedback Score
    She has a CDMA flip phone or you don't know if it's CDMA?

Verizon VoLTE flip phones are few and recent. If she's had it a while ot likely isn't VoLTE capable and will need replaced.

I looked and all I have left on my account is BYOP stuff, 2 are GSM so lists SIM number.
    and show the 15 of the SIM. The other is CDMA and show the MEID (decimal).

If you see a 13 or 18 digit number you could try it at meidconverter.com and see if the results make sense.

But it could just have an 11 digit ESN.

First, thank you all for your help !!

I checked the phone and it is an LG 238C. I found the model number under the battery printed on the phone itself. I looked it up and it is a CDMA flip phone from a few years ago. So I'll have to tell her she needs to replace the phone at some point before the fall.

Will she lose her minutes from her current account ? What is the best way to switch over to a new phone ? I'm assuming she'll probably stay with TF.

And just to clarify something... is it that VoLTE has replaced CDMA technology ? Thats how I'm interpreting this. Is that correct ? Or are they two separate entities ?

Thank you all again !!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Will she lose her minutes from her current account ? What is the best way to switch over to a new phone ?
    No, she can upgrade to a new phone and everything moves to the new phone just like it has for over a decade.

It can be done online, calling TF, or using online chat. Most here suggest chat so you can verify the beginning balance and have a record if something goes wrong.

And just to clarify something... is it that VoLTE has replaced CDMA technology ? Thats how I'm interpreting this. Is that correct ? Or are they two separate entities ?
    Voice over LTE is newer technology. CDMA voice is much older.

Verizon is shutting down their CDMA signal at the end of the year and only using VoLTE after that.

Feedback Score
    I checked the phone and it is an LG 238C. I found the model number under the battery printed on the phone itself. I looked it up and it is a CDMA flip phone from a few years ago. So I'll have to tell her she needs to replace the phone at some point before the fall.
    TracFone may offer replacement phones, buy no word yet. Not much available in the new VoLTE flip phones right now. These phones can use Smartphone airtime plans/cards, and have the talk/text/data buckets.

Feedback Score
    No, she can upgrade to a new phone and everything moves to the new phone just like it has for over a decade.

It can be done online, calling TF, or using online chat. Most here suggest chat so you can verify the beginning balance and have a record if something goes wrong.

Voice over LTE is newer technology. CDMA voice is much older.

Verizon is shutting down their CDMA signal at the end of the year and only using VoLTE after that.

Got it, thanks ST !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    TracFone may offer replacement phones, buy no word yet. Not much available in the new VoLTE flip phones right now. These phones can use Smartphone airtime plans/cards, and have the talk/text/data buckets.

A replacement would be nice. Hopefully TF will have something in the works. If not I guess there's the Myflip phone. I believe that is VoLTE and will work after 2019 ?

If you're using the phone only for talk, do you still have to buy/pay for text and data ? Are there just talk cards available as well ?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Moto E5, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If not I guess there's the Myflip phone. I believe that is VoLTE and will work after 2019 ?

If you're using the phone only for talk, do you still have to buy/pay for text and data ? Are there just talk cards available as well ?
    The MyFlip phone will work after 2019.

All current phones by Tracfone use the 3-bucket talk/text/data system. Text and data are included whether you use/like it or not. There are text-only cards and data-only cards, but there are no talk-only cards. If a phone is TF-branded (not a BYOP), when you buy a card online at TF web site, it gets offered some add-ons, like 365 days for $49.99, or 150 talk-only for $10 (some people get offered 300 for $10).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast