Thread: Tom's Guide Best Networks for 2019

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Tom's Guide Best Networks for 2019

So Verizon beat out T-Mobile by one point for 2nd place and AT&T is a distant 3rd place in points.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    So Verizon beat out T-Mobile by one point for 2nd place and AT&T is a distant 3rd place in points.

That 1 point will be “enough” for the naysayers to blather.

Of course, if it was 1 point the other way, the same “concerned” consumers would say “It’s only a point!”.

Feedback Score
    Exactly. Also, one could argue with the values and methodology of what’s important in determining the final score. When you’re taking about similar urban coverage, value should be a larger determining factor.

Feedback Score
    Since their weighting system seems to be completely arbitrary, I suspect it would easy to adjust the rankings by modifying the percent each category counted.

Also, wouldn't 1 point fall within the +/- of sample size?

It's pretty easy to call this a tie, or that someone wanted VZ to excel. So basically, who cares about this? Oh wait, Verizon users, that's who!

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Brother in law has been on Straight Talk for years, and it has worked well enough for him. And for someone not into phones, he hasn't moved to some other carrier along the way that may be cheaper.

I'm not even going to suggest changing to the Verizon network since he drives for a living, and part of where he goes is in an area of Oklahoma that has a big hole for Verizon. I'm confused about whether that there is service or not in those areas if you are on a MVNO. I could test sometime, but it is WAY out of my way.

I'm more anal anyway about service. Not willing to pay postpaid, but I have service on both ATT Prepaid and a backup phone on a Verizon MVNO if necessary (100 minutes/month).
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.