Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Total wireless vs Verizon prepaid

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    I use GV with Tracfone on my iphone 6S and wifi calling works well. Also like the email option of voice transcripts. After my minutes/text/data are depleted, I'm moving to PagePlus and trying them out.
    Is this REAL Wi-Fi calling, carrier supported and uses the phone number of the phone? Or is this VoIP calling through another app like Hangouts that add a level of complexity?
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Martin View Post
    No Wi-Fi calling. Since Verizon is selling minutes to MVNOs they probably don’t want to enable Wi-Fi calling.
    Wi-Fi calling on carriers that support it generally come out of your plan minutes. You are just using Wi-Fi to get to the carrier's network, then it goes through them.

Lack of Wi-Fi calling is generally due to differentiation by the carrier to provide benefits for going postpaid. Which is why it often isn't offered yet by MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    I have used Total Wireless on an iPhone 6s for almost three years. Recently I switched to Verizon Prepaid.

1. Hotspot has never been an option and is disabled on most devices, even iOS. Tethering is also against the ToS.

2. Visual Voicemail has always worked and works on some iOS devices. Maybe even some Android devices as well.

3. WiFi calling was also not an option on my device. Can’t speak for others.

Since switching to Verizon prepaid directly, all of these features have been enabled by default.

I’d also like to note that Verizon is having a special right now. If you sign up you will get double the data on the plans.

1GB/$25 with Autopay
    6GB/$35 with Autopay
    16GB/$45 with Autopay

At that price, Total Wireless can’t compete.. I’d advise everyone take advantage before the promotion ends.

Feedback Score

Total Wireless Vs Verizon Prepaid

Quote Originally Posted by chasedizzie View Post
    ...At that price, Total Wireless can’t compete.. I’d advise everyone take advantage before the promotion ends.
    Do they have a family plan? I have four lines at $100 per month on Total Wireless. So far, nobody can beat that for a Verizon MVNO, but I will start looking around further.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Do they have a family plan? I have four lines at $100 per month on Total Wireless. So far, nobody can beat that for a Verizon MVNO, but I will start looking around further.
    Yes. For example, 4 lines on Vzw Prepaid with 6GB PER LINE (24GB total for 4 lines) is $110/mo. In my area, as of 2-1/2 years ago, the only added cost to Vzw Prepaid was local sales tax. I don't know if that's the same everywhere, or if it has changed since then.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/#mix-and-match

Feedback Score

Total Wireless Vs Verizon Prepaid

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yes. For example, 4 lines on Vzw Prepaid with 6GB PER LINE (24GB total for 4 lines) is $110/mo...
    Thank you for the reply. I just ran it up and it showed $130. Do I have to enter a code or do something else to get this price?

Feedback Score
    Do some additional searches.

Hotspot should work.

Some iOS users have reported visual voicemail working.

Some iOS users have reported that wifi calling and texting works.

From my point of view, Total Wireless is easy and cheap enough to switch to. Try it for a month and if you don't like it, switch to Verizon prepaid.
    I use TW with my iPhone 6S and hot spot works, wifi calling works, speed is smoking fast (66-75mbps), texting and group texting works, visual voice mail works, Google Voice works, WhatsApp works, and if you get your sim from WalMart, their $35. plan comes with 6GB. My favorite of all my mvno lines. For 4 lines with 25GB shared data, it's $95. Another plus is their C/S is much, much better than Verizon prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the reply. I just ran it up and it showed $130. Do I have to enter a code or do something else to get this price?
    Like I said, it's $110. Did you forget to checkmark auto-pay?

Anyway, as long as 25GB shared for 4 lines for $100/30 days on TW is working for you, I don't see any reason to switch to Vzw Prepaid, except if you need specific LTE allotments of 6GB each, which might be useful if someone in the shared 25GB group is using more than their fair share.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yes. For example, 4 lines on Vzw Prepaid with 6GB PER LINE (24GB total for 4 lines) is $110/mo. In my area, as of 2-1/2 years ago, the only added cost to Vzw Prepaid was local sales tax. I don't know if that's the same everywhere, or if it has changed since then.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/#mix-and-match
    Total Wireless has a promo right now that if you port in at least one number you will get 50% more data. I pay $95 a month after autopay for 37.5 GB of data for four lines. Two of my family members barely use any data, so that leaves lots of data shared for me and one other person.

Just something to consider when shopping plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chasedizzie View Post
    I have used Total Wireless on an iPhone 6s for almost three years. Recently I switched to Verizon Prepaid.

1. Hotspot has never been an option and is disabled on most devices, even iOS. Tethering is also against the ToS.

2. Visual Voicemail has always worked and works on some iOS devices. Maybe even some Android devices as well.

3. WiFi calling was also not an option on my device. Can’t speak for others.

Since switching to Verizon prepaid directly, all of these features have been enabled by default.

I’d also like to note that Verizon is having a special right now. If you sign up you will get double the data on the plans.

1GB/$25 with Autopay
    6GB/$35 with Autopay
    16GB/$45 with Autopay

At that price, Total Wireless can’t compete.. I’d advise everyone take advantage before the promotion ends.
    Total Wireless more than competes, they exceed: 6GB for $35. (auto pay not required) and with port-in you get 9GB per month at WalMart online or in store! I tried to speak to Verizon prepaid C/S..impossible. Their $50. plan comes with 25GB data.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2