Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FYI - Online Activation of the $45 Unlimited Deal Ends Today

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score

FYI - Online Activation of the $45 Unlimited Deal Ends Today

Heads up! Today (or maybe tomorrow, the fine print is ambiguous) is the last day you can activate the AT&T Prepaid Unlimited High Speed Data for $45 with auto pay online. To get the deal activate a new $65 plan before April 1 online or April 11 at an AT&T store and enroll in auto pay before April 11. The deal is a $20 (instead of the usual $10) autopay discount on the $65 and $85 plans. Source: https://www.att.com/prepaid/index.html
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    No hotspot, though. I had this plan up until a couple months ago (unable to get the $20 off). Early last week my internet got knocked out for the evening and the $40 8GB plan allowed me to do my HF fix that evening
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Heads up! Today (or maybe tomorrow, the fine print is ambiguous) is the last day you can activate the AT&T Prepaid Unlimited High Speed Data for $45 with auto pay online. To get the deal activate a new $65 plan before April 1 online or April 11 at an AT&T store and enroll in auto pay before April 11. The deal is a $20 (instead of the usual $10) autopay discount on the $65 and $85 plans. Source: https://www.att.com/prepaid/index.html
    Probably better to activate online than in store since most ATT stores will only activate with the $10 standard autopay discount on the $65 plan because their in store banners and display cards only show the $10 discount. The time spent in store trying to convince the ATT employees and manager that there is a $20 promotion can be avoided with the online activation.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thiagosantiro View Post
    Probably better to activate online than in store since most ATT stores will only activate with the $10 standard autopay discount on the $65 plan because their in store banners and display cards only show the $10 discount. The time spent in store trying to convince the ATT employees and manager that there is a $20 promotion can be avoided with the online activation.

Please don't feed false information. The autopay setup is all through your personal online account. When I signed up, the in store rep had no involvement in my autopay. He just said, ok log into your account and sign up for autopay. The att system either knows you get the promo or it doesnt. The people in store had zero control. He didn't configure anything special. When I had an issue, they called 611 just like I would have on my own.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spg1218 View Post
    Please don't feed false information. The autopay setup is all through your personal online account. When I signed up, the in store rep had no involvement in my autopay. He just said, ok log into your account and sign up for autopay. The att system either knows you get the promo or it doesnt. The people in store had zero control. He didn't configure anything special. When I had an issue, they called 611 just like I would have on my own.
    Not false information, perhaps you need to research what I wrote and not base your ONE successful experience to what others may have for will encounter before firing out accusations? I have been to a total of 6 different ATT stores and 2 of the 6 had the correct $55 reduced to $45 promotions displayed on banners and displays including window displays and did not sign up at the time because they did not have the "in store" promotion phones in stock. The other 4 stores did NOT want to proceed with the payments of the phone and the autopay $20 discounts because they were not aware of them, manager decided not to participate in the promotion or said the promotion had ended when it did not and after showing the website links to prove the promotion is valid they still did not want to activate the new discounted phone with a new number and setup autopay.

Feedback Score
    Not false information, perhaps you need to research what I wrote and not base your ONE successful experience to what others may have for will encounter before firing out accusations? I have been to a total of 6 different ATT stores and 2 of the 6 had the correct $55 reduced to $45 promotions displayed on banners and displays including window displays and did not sign up at the time because they did not have the "in store" promotion phones in stock. The other 4 stores did NOT want to proceed with the payments of the phone and the autopay $20 discounts because they were not aware of them, manager decided not to participate in the promotion or said the promotion had ended when it did not and after showing the website links to prove the promotion is valid they still did not want to activate the new discounted phone with a new number and setup autopay.

Maybe you were in an AR not corporate store. I don't really count ARs as they aren't really att. Regardless what someone tells you and what the system will actually do can be two totally different things.

Feedback Score

It also sounds like your challenge was more with the promo phones (not the topic here) than the autopay promo which is entirely handled by you logging into your account to sign up for autopay - no att/employee involvement.

Feedback Score

I never had a problem with that. They looked it up on their website. Got the $20.00 off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhoneX4, P+X2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX2, R+, AV, Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    No hotspot, though.
    That's a deal breaker for me.

There is no reason why they should tell me how to use my data. I agree to some data allowance, a soft or hard cap, and speed that I pay for. How I use it beyond that shouldn't be their business.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    There is no allowance or cap on the $65/($45) unlimited plan. That’s why there’s no hotspot.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdimm222 View Post
    I never had a problem with that. They looked it up on their website. Got the $20.00 off.

Me too. I went in, asked about the promo, he pulled it up and I ported. I'm on the $85 plan which I paid $65 in store plus tax and fees. This was two days ago.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhoneX4, P+X2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX2, R+, AV, Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    There is no allowance or cap on the $65/($45) unlimited plan. That’s why there’s no hotspot.
    Not only that restriction...

"For content we can identify as video, speed will be limited to a max of 1.5Mbps (Standard Definition quality about 480p"

So no HD on your HD-capable device with this plan either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post

"For content we can identify as video, speed will be limited to a max of 1.5Mbps (Standard Definition quality about 480p"

You can probably use a VPN to get around that.

Feedback Score
    Im Three $65 unlimited plans for $100 the catch is you have to buy at Walmart phone and then sign up for it so I paid $100 for three lines unlimited all $65 plans and it’s $11 in tax 111 a month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post

YouTube videos can stream at 720p with no buffering at a minimum of 1.0 mbps on most devices and ATT prepaid does keep speeds above 1 mbps. T-Mobile prepaid also stays above 1.0 mbps but Metro pcs does not and there is buffering

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast