Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Port number from AT&T to TF question

Feedback Score

Port number from AT&T to TF question

Can I request a number port from AT&T to TF if my AT&T funds expired yesterday or do I have to have funds on my phone to activate my TF with the AT&T number?

I think AT&T has a 90 day expiration on the number after funds expire. Maybe it's 60 days.

Is the AT&T account number the phone's IMEI or MEID?

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I don't know for sure, but if there's a 60-90 day grace period on your AT&T account as you say, a port out SHOULD work. It certainly won't hurt anything to try. If it doesn't work, simply add funds before your AT&T grace period ends, and then submit a port request again.

Regarding AT&T port out info, I did a Google search and found the following:

https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/artic...er-information
    •Account number: Usually this found in the upper right-hand corner of any bill or invoice, or in your online account. The number should be entered without any dashes or hyphens.
    •PIN number: Your PIN is usually the last four digits of your telephone number. It cannot be found on your bill, invoice or online account. You can call AT&T at 1-800-331-0500.

Porting your Number from AT&T
    https://support.sideline.com/hc/en-u...mber-from-AT-T
    Account Number
    •You can usually find your account number in the upper right hang corner of any bill or invoice you have, or in your online account.
    •Make sure you don't use any dashes or hyphens
    •If you're on an older or linked AT&T account your account number may not be listed on your bill. You can contact at&t to find out what your account number is
    •Make sure to use your cellular account number and not U-Verse, if you have it
    PIN
    •You won't be able to find your PIN on any bill or invoice. Your PIN would have been given to you by AT&T and is usually pre-selected.
    •To learn what your PIN is you can call AT&T at 800-331-0500 (from your wireless phone), 800-288-2020 (from your landline, or visit an AT&T store)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't know for sure, but if there's a 60-90 day grace period on your AT&T account as you say, a port out SHOULD work. It certainly won't hurt anything to try. If it doesn't work, simply add funds before your AT&T grace period ends, and then submit a port request again.

Regarding AT&T port out info, I did a Google search and found the following:

https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/artic...er-information
    •Account number: Usually this found in the upper right-hand corner of any bill or invoice, or in your online account. The number should be entered without any dashes or hyphens.
    •PIN number: Your PIN is usually the last four digits of your telephone number. It cannot be found on your bill, invoice or online account. You can call AT&T at 1-800-331-0500.

Porting your Number from AT&T
    https://support.sideline.com/hc/en-u...mber-from-AT-T
    Account Number
    •You can usually find your account number in the upper right hang corner of any bill or invoice you have, or in your online account.
    •Make sure you don't use any dashes or hyphens
    •If you're on an older or linked AT&T account your account number may not be listed on your bill. You can contact at&t to find out what your account number is
    •Make sure to use your cellular account number and not U-Verse, if you have it
    PIN
    •You won't be able to find your PIN on any bill or invoice. Your PIN would have been given to you by AT&T and is usually pre-selected.
    •To learn what your PIN is you can call AT&T at 800-331-0500 (from your wireless phone), 800-288-2020 (from your landline, or visit an AT&T store)
    Thank you very much for your time answering my questions. I will check it out.

I chose AT&T because their store is nearby but TF is cheaper for everything. I have a hard time putting funds on AT&T phone with debit using their automated system. I tried to recharge the funds Sunday night after no human operators were there to help when i called 611. So I lost my funds on phone.

Figure at least TF lets people get phone balance back if they fund phone a day or two late. Not AT&T. If I'm a day late I lose my balance and have to start over. Plus TF has the three bucket system. I like it better than one bucket so I still have talk or texts even if data runs out. One time I put $25 on AT&T phone & accidentally sucked it all down to nothing using data. I didn't know what used it but it was gone after using the mobile web.

I have a Samsung J3 Luna Pro I haven't activated yet but to save I may buy one of TF site's lower priced phones that they offer 40% off if bought with service card.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    TF is definitely great for light users.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The 40% off works on most phones, even the ones where it is not mentioned. At least attempt a purchase and see if the code is accepted.

Feedback Score
    TF is definitely great for light users.
    Yes I rarely use these new fangled phones for anything except mobile web or a reference number for accounts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Thank you very much for your time answering my questions. I will check it out.
    You might also want to try this:
    AT&T Prepaid - Call the AT&T Number Transfer Request Line at 1-888-898-7685 to get your account number - it is NOT listed on the online account. The passcode is your 4 digit PIN.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    You might also want to try this:
    AT&T Prepaid - Call the AT&T Number Transfer Request Line at 1-888-898-7685 to get your account number - it is NOT listed on the online account. The passcode is your 4 digit PIN.
    Thanks. I know my pin for AT&T. TF Alex contacted me and said my AT&T account has to be active to do a port of the number. So I'll have to at least put another $10/30day amount on to port out.

Feedback Score
    I went ahead and ordered an Alcatel Zip 40% off bundle, was 29.99 but got it with $15 plan tax and all was 34.96. Tried the spring25 code but can't have 40% off and the code discount just one or the other. Would've been more using the spring code so i stuck with 40% bundle discount. Also went through Ebates to try to get 11% cash back. Didn't get my last check (mail pirate got it) but hope i like the phone. Can always use plan to activate the Samsung J3 Luna Pro if I don't. Would've rather ordered ZTE Blade t2 but it didn't have bundle offer. Guess i could have used spring25 code if i added a plan?

Think people here have said that phone activation with number port in can be done with chat window?

Thanks to folks here who answered my questions & took time to paste useful links.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I went ahead and ordered an Alcatel Zip 40% off bundle, was 29.99 but got it with $15 plan tax and all was 34.96. Tried the spring25 code but can't have 40% off and the code discount just one or the other. Would've been more using the spring code so i stuck with 40% bundle discount. Also went through Ebates to try to get 11% cash back. Didn't get my last check (mail pirate got it) but hope i like the phone. Can always use plan to activate the Samsung J3 Luna Pro if I don't. Would've rather ordered ZTE Blade t2 but it didn't have bundle offer. Guess i could have used spring25 code if i added a plan?

Think people here have said that phone activation with number port in can be done with chat window?

Thanks to folks here who answered my questions & took time to paste useful links.
    I used the SPECIAL40 code to get 2 iPhone SE bundles for my parents at 40% off. I used chat both times to port their #s over to TF. I ported the second # in last Saturday using chat.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min-1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1-2013-2016
    Selectel Flex-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM-2016-
    T-Mo-Data-2017-
    3-2018-

Ericsson AF738 Jul99-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Feedback Score
    I used the SPECIAL40 code to get 2 iPhone SE bundles for my parents at 40% off. I used chat both times to port their #s over to TF. I ported the second # in last Saturday using chat.
    Thanks for the confirmation on that. Hoping it goes smoothly!

I added $10 to my AT&T and i think that's only 40 minutes talk/30 days. $25 gets 100 minutes/90 days. The TF plans are much better.

If I activate with the $15 plan can I add 90 day/$20 plan cards thereafter and my smartphone plan card balance will roll over? I realize the TF website won't offer those on smartphones but if i got the plan card locally?

If I don't use the phone often the $20/90 day card would be better for me.

One thing about the Zip i ordered, a lot of low end phones have low resolution displays but the Zip has 1280x720.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4, Samsung J7 Neo.
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Page Plus, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I know my pin for AT&T. TF Alex contacted me and said my AT&T account has to be active to do a port of the number. So I'll have to at least put another $10/30day amount on to port out.

I've gotten my balance restored twice with AT&T prepaid. I called them and told them i was in the hospital and couldn't get a refill pin. Which was true by the way. So I'm sure they get this all the time. It couldn't hurt to try.

Feedback Score
    If I activate with the $15 plan can I add 90 day/$20 plan cards thereafter and my smartphone plan card balance will roll over? I realize the TF website won't offer those on smartphones but if i got the plan card locally?

See if you are offered the Basic cards on the website after the phone is activated. Some phones do get the TMFL feature. Otherwise, a Basic card is only going to give face value.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Don`t forget to use a promo code with the $15 plan.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4, Samsung J7 Neo.
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Page Plus, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the confirmation on that. Hoping it goes smoothly!

I added $10 to my AT&T and i think that's only 40 minutes talk/30 days. $25 gets 100 minutes/90 days. The TF plans are much better.

One thing about the Zip i ordered, a lot of low end phones have low resolution displays but the Zip has 1280x720.

Are you needing a new phone? I thought you had AT&T phones already. You could save some money and activate one if them with a BYOP kit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast