Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest Sprint prepaid currently?

Feedback Score

Question Cheapest Sprint prepaid currently?

I've seen Boost for $35/month including taxes. They have unlimited music streaming which is nice. I only need around 2GB of data. I'd like to find something as cheap as Mint at $15-20/month, but sadly only Sprint gets service where I currently work. Unlimited streaming isn't necessary, but are their any cheaper options with Sprint prepaids anymore?

Feedback Score
    Perhaps the ebay Red Pocket annual plan? $240 per year for 5GB per 30 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBoost View Post
    I've seen Boost for $35/month including taxes. They have unlimited music streaming which is nice. I only need around 2GB of data. I'd like to find something as cheap as Mint at $15-20/month, but sadly only Sprint gets service where I currently work. Unlimited streaming isn't necessary, but are their any cheaper options with Sprint prepaids anymore?
    Tello with unlim talk, text and 2GB data is $19 plus tax. After the data allotment is used there is unlimited 2G (64 Kbps) data. Tethering is included.

I have used them for a couple of years with no problems.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Twigby is $7.50/mo for the 1st 6 months, then $10/mo, for 2GB/mo LTE + unlimited 2G speeds. All Twigby plans include unlimited texting at no extra charge. Even though you didn't mention it, if you need voice minutes, there might be better options, depending on how many voice minutes you need.
    https://www.twigby.com/page/howitworks

If you DO need voice minutes, Tello is the better deal for UT&T&D, 2GB/mo LTE, at $19/mo. If you're a new Tello subscriber, you'll get a $25 credit just for signing up, if you do so by 4/4/19.
    https://tello.com/promo/springpromo
    https://tello.com/buy/custom_plans
    You have to select a voice plan for twigby so 2gb a month comes to $23. Twigby give you verizon roaming if you need that.

Unreal is the cheapest at $15 a month for unlimited talk and text and 2gb. With their sprint based plan you get proper cellular not just voip. But unreal is a freedompop company so whether you want to go with them is up to you. They also do a 3 month plan for $60 with 5gb a month which you can renew every 3 months.

Tello is the best mix of price and quality at $19 a month for unlimited talk/text and 2gb. You can get it cheaper if you want limited minutes eg if you want only 100 minutes/unlimited texts/2gb it is $15. Also you can get another $10 if you use a referral code on top of the $25 credit. I would highly recommend them.

Redpocket also do annual plans that you can use with sprint. Their 2gb annual plan on ebay is equivalent to $19.08/month anyway so you are better off with tello.

And always consider sprint postpaid. They have their kickstart unlimited plan for $25+ tax. Or you can do the sprint free year.

Unreal and tello give you unlimited 2g speed data once the 2gb runs out. Not sure about redpocket.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for pointing that out, UltGladiator. I deleted my post since it contained incorrect info. Just for clarification, the Vzw roaming on Twigby is for talk and text only. Your mention of Unreal is good, and it provides another option for MobileBoost to consider. Regarding the Sprint free plan, it is scheduled to end signups tomorrow, 4/4/19, but who knows if it will be extended again.

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    They also do a 3 month plan for $60 with 5gb a month which you can renew every 3 months.
    Where do I find this?

Feedback Score
    There's a huge difference in coverage between Sprint's Postpaid and Sprint's MVNO coverage. Make sure that Sprint's native coverage works for you before going with one of their MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    There's a huge difference in coverage between Sprint's Postpaid and Sprint's MVNO coverage. Make sure that Sprint's native coverage works for you before going with one of their MVNOs.
    Would the one that provides Verizon roaming and has an actual cellular number and service include all postpaid Sprint as well as Verizon roaming for voice and text? That would be a nice feature for not that much more.

Feedback Score
    One other thing. I need to use Google voice or use a provider that works over WiFi. Does that rule any of the ones mentioned out?

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Would the one that provides Verizon roaming and has an actual cellular number and service include all postpaid Sprint as well as Verizon roaming for voice and text? That would be a nice feature for not that much more.
    If you're referring to Twigby, it is VERY good coverage for voice & text. I traveled all over the west & through the mountains & the middle of nowhere with 2 lines that had Twigby & 1 line that had native Verizon coverage. The lines with Twigby had voice & text everywhere I had Verizon service - which is almost everywhere. I only found a couple small dead zones.

The only disappointing thing with Twigby is the lack of data roaming, but that's going to happen with any Sprint MVNO.

Feedback Score
    One other thing. I need to use Google voice or use a provider that works over WiFi. Does that rule any of the ones mentioned out?
    Don't count on getting WiFi calling. Google Voice will be fine over WiFi or Sprint LTE as long as you're in good coverage.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seddy View Post
    Where do I find this?
    I did a Google search and this was the FIRST result: https://www.unrealmobile.com/offers/sim-5gb-3m-60

Feedback Score
    Twigby for a few dollars more work Verizon roaming sounds great. Do they do a hard cut off or a throttle after 2gb of data?

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Twigby for a few dollars more work Verizon roaming sounds great. Do they do a hard cut off or a throttle after 2gb of data?
    Sooo much better. They have LOTS of options.

Data Option 1: Drop to 2g at the cap you choose.
    Data Option 1: Let them automatically bump you up to the next data level.

All of which you can change at any time via their online dashboard.

It's really a very good company. Before I switched to the Sprint Free Plan, I used them & will be putting my parents back with them once their free plan runs out. Very good customer service - the only downside is at least at the time they weren't staffed on the weekend.

Feedback Score
    With Twigby, is there any reason to choose a higher data plan if I let it go up as I use it? Would it make sense to choose a small one? Their doesn't' seem to be any cons to this.

And it works good with Google Voice?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast