Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LG Rebel 4 vs Motorola Moto e5 ?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

LG Rebel 4 vs Motorola Moto e5 ?

It's time to upgrade my TF and an considering either the LG Rebel 4 vs Motorala Moto e5.

It appears they both use Verizon & have VoLTE. The Moto e5 has a larger battery which seems beneficial, but it's not replaceable. Currently have an LG L15G Sunrise and both of the above phones seem huge by comparison.

Is there any particular strong reason, good or bad, that stands out why someone would chose one phone over the other?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Tracfone iPhone 6S Tracfone iPhone SE, Samsung J3 Luna Pro, J3 Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by StymiedToo View Post
    It's time to upgrade my TF and an considering either the LG Rebel 4 vs Motorala Moto e5.

It appears they both use Verizon & have VoLTE. The Moto e5 has a larger battery which seems beneficial, but it's not replaceable. Currently have an LG L15G Sunrise and both of the above phones seem huge by comparison.

Is there any particular strong reason, good or bad, that stands out why someone would chose one phone over the other?

Thanks

I tried LG Rebel 4 and was not impressed with its rear 8MP camera but it could have just been that particular unit. The moto e5 has a bigger screen if you like that. It has 18:9 aspect ratio. It has a fingerprint scanner, rebel 4 does not. I've read that moto's usually have a close to stock version of Android on them as well which may have certain benefits. They also may get updated more frequently or so I've read.

Moto e5
    https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-e-gen-5

LG Rebel 4
    https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg...acfone-rebel-4

Personally, I would go with the moto of these two. But again, I don't know the phone and how well it performs.
    I prefer smaller screens generally in any case.

Maybe others who have these phones can offer more guidance.
    Last edited by lappers; 04-06-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have the Simple Mobile Moto E5 and use it with a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM. What I like about it: big battery, software/patch updates, it can be used with either CDMA or GSM carriers. What I don't like about it: low sound volume on calls (typical with all the Motos that I've owned), no double-tap to wake up.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have two phones in the Moto G series, and they have extremely loud volume during calls. I don't need that, but other readers might. I had a Moto E4, but honestly I didn't pay attention to that one.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I have the Simple Mobile Moto E5 and use it with a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM. What I like about it: big battery, software/patch updates, it can be used with either CDMA or GSM carriers. What I don't like about it: low sound volume on calls (typical with all the Motos that I've owned), no double-tap to wake up.
    Don't mean to hijack this thread, but if I buy this Moto E5 and keep it on Tracfone for a year and then unlock it, can I then use it on any carrier I want? https://www.hsn.com/products/motorol...ta-and/8950284

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    Don't mean to hijack this thread, but if I buy this Moto E5 and keep it on Tracfone for a year and then unlock it, can I then use it on any carrier I want?
    I'd think so. Although it's not clear whether the 1-yr included in a bundle is counted as "paid service"; TF calls it "promotional" units. Some people on SlickDeals.net asked TF and got conflicting answers.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Performance wise the E5 matches the E4/E4+ just a different screen and newer OS. CPU, camera, etc. all comparable. Fingerprint sensor moved to rear.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

To me the Moto e5 looks slimmer than the Rebel 4 and it's probably because of the thinner aspect ratio. But the e5 is 1.5" longer than my existing phone so it looks huge. OTOH the Rebel 4 is almost as long as the e5. It's all relative I guess.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by StymiedToo View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

To me the Moto e5 looks slimmer than the Rebel 4 and it's probably because of the thinner aspect ratio. But the e5 is 1.5" longer than my existing phone so it looks huge. OTOH the Rebel 4 is almost as long as the e5. It's all relative I guess.
    The E5 has very thin bezel area. The outer dimensions are almost all screen. Because of this it is the normal overall height for a 5.7" screen phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    HSN has the Motorola E5 for $99.99 while the Rebel 4 is $129.95.
    Both have 1200 m/t/d and 365 service days.
    There is also an E5 with 1500 m/t/d also for $99.99.

E5 is 5.7 while the Rebel 4 is 5 inches.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    HSN has the Motorola E5 for $99.99 while the Rebel 4 is $129.95.
    Both have 1200 m/t/d and 365 service days.
    There is also an E5 with 1500 m/t/d also for $99.99.

E5 is 5.7 while the Rebel 4 is 5 inches.
    My current phone's screen is 3.8" and I was hoping an upgrade would give me something like a 4.5" screen, but it appears that's not going to happen. Not sure how a new phone will fit in my pocket since they're about 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" longer than my current one.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It's difficult nowadays to find a current phone with screen size less than 5". I carry my phone in my jean front pocket and don't want a big phone either. I used a Phoenix 2 with a 5" screen from July 2016 to Aug 2018. Then I switched to an LG Q6 which has a 5.5" screen but very little edge, so it's actually smaller than the Phoenix 2.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    It's difficult nowadays to find a current phone with screen size less than 5". I carry my phone in my jean front pocket and don't want a big phone either. I used a Phoenix 2 with a 5" screen from July 2016 to Aug 2018. Then I switched to an LG Q6 which has a 5.5" screen but very little edge, so it's actually smaller than the Phoenix 2.
    My old Motorola flip phone would actually fit in the coin pocket of my jeans.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I thought some iPhones had small 4" screens. Saw one at an AT&T store.

I've never had an LG Rebel. I have a SM Moto e5 and it's tall/narrow but it's a nice feeling phone. Its camera is nice. Battery is not as long lasting as LG Fiesta and the Fiesta is wider. Rebels are on TF website reconditioned or new for fairly cheap.

I got my Moto for $50 on sale last year. They're up between $80-$100 regularly at Best Buy.

My TF is a Samsung J3 Luna Pro and though it's 5" it's compact and seems smaller in hand than other 5" phones. I got it for $25 reconditioned at TF last year and it's like new. Might be $50 new. Not sure if they have reconditioned ones at TF website right now. eBay TF store sometimes has phones the website doesn't. Might look there to see what they have.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    There are 3 Moto e5 models ,
    E5play , e5 , e5plus
    I have a e5 play and even with only a 3000ma battery it lasts a long time ,
    The e5 plus has a 6 inch screen and a 5000ma battery ,
    For the price they all seem to be a good deal ,
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast