Thread: Cannot find option for Wifi Calling....???

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Cannot find option for Wifi Calling....???

On my new Motorola G6 Play I have been looking for a setting to enable Wifi calling.

Do all these newer phones support Wifi calling and if this one doesn't have it is there an application or something I could use to be able to use it?

Any suggestions appreciated 😊
    Thanks
    Leesa

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    what cellular network does your phone have ?? (Verizon AT&T T- mobile or sprint)??

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Boost Mobile (Sprint)

Thanks.
    LEESA

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesa2019 View Post
    On my new Motorola G6 Play I have been looking for a setting to enable Wifi calling.

Do all these newer phones support Wifi calling and if this one doesn't have it is there an application or something I could use to be able to use it?
    Dial *#*#4636#*#*

That should take you to a screen headed by "Testing". Touch "Phone Information". The status of VoLTE and Wifi calling should be shown there.

On my Moto G6 Wifi calling is off and grayed out. Wifi calling does not work yet with Tracfone that uses Verizon.

If your phone is on a carrier or service provider that allows Wifi calling you may be able to turn it on there.

IIRC, it is generally allowed with T-Mobile services and may have been recently enabled for AT&T prepaid.

[Edit]What service is your phone on? [already answered - Boost (Sprint)]
    Last edited by bobdevnul; 04-07-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesa2019 View Post
    Boost Mobile (Sprint) Thanks. LEESA
    see here - https://community.boostmobile.com/t5...ling/td-p/9636

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You can use Google voice to make calls over Wi-Fi and it is free.

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    You can use Google voice to make calls over Wi-Fi and it is free.
    There is an old Italian Proverb that says that there is nothing quite as expensive as something called "free". It is free in that you do not have to give them money. The payment, is that you trade the intimate details of your life (numbers you call, when you call, who you are calling, where you are when you call, what wifi you are on when you call, access to your contacts list and on and on) in exchange for the "free" call. I understand your point, but I think we need to start talking about what the real costs are. I guess I am tired of the constant corporate surveillance.

As for the OP, the G6 play is capable of wifi calling on T-Mobile, ATT and Sprint. My understanding is that Boost mobile doesn't have this enabled so it won't work on this device

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstoic View Post
    There is an old Italian Proverb that says that there is nothing quite as expensive as something called "free". It is free in that you do not have to give them money. The payment, is that you trade the intimate details of your life (numbers you call, when you call, who you are calling, where you are when you call, what wifi you are on when you call, access to your contacts list and on and on) in exchange for the "free" call. I understand your point, but I think we need to start talking about what the real costs are. I guess I am tired of the constant corporate surveillance.
    I agree but if you use Wi-Fi calling from your carrier I think they sell your data also so just because you pay for the service does not mean they don't sell your data. However, I am not sure exactly who sells what data so some companies might be worse than others.