Thread: Freedom Voice Mail, Dropped Calls & iPhone question

Feedback Score

Freedom Voice Mail, Dropped Calls & iPhone question

Few questions I hope some Freedom Mobile users can answer for me:

I have regular & visual voice mail with Freedom Mobile;

1) When I set up my voice mail by pressing and holding 1, it allows me to record my name as well as a greeting but does not request me to set up a password. As a result, when dialing in, it goes straight into my voice mail which to me, is non-secure. Is there a way to set a password and have it prompt upon dialing into voice mail?

2) With visual voice mail, upon initially setting up, it prompts for a 4 digit pin (password). I entered this but I'm never prompted for it. Is this required so when you dial in using another phone other than Freedom (ex: landline), I'm prompted for a password? If so, how do I change the password since I don't see an option to do so anywhere within my voice mail settings on the device (iPhone XS Max)?

3) I was recently in the Fraser Valley (Maple Ridge / Mission) and notice when on the corridor between 240th Street and 287th along the Lougheed Highway, I'm in Away mode. More times than not, whether my iPhone XS Max displays Away, 3G or LTE, I have full bars but when attempting to make a call, I get 3 fast beeps and the call disconnects. I tried disabling WiFi calling but to no avail. It seems really sporadic around that area and although the phone shows as having service, this is not the case. Even with an upgraded SIM I received, this pocket area consisting of a significant distance is just poor at best.

Anyone familiar with these areas and is it device specific or just poor network quality. I remember a couple years back, I was in this area and submitted a trouble ticket. The network team at WIND Mobile at the time stated they would escalate but to no avail and it seems nothing has really changed. Should the network not put me onto a roaming partner and is my enabled WiFi calling the culprit or is service just poor in this specific area?

Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That area is exactly as described, as you get a few miles away from 240th going east, IT will show roam on Band 2 on Rogers, but not allow a call until you are passing Silverdale, and get back on band 13.. This hasn't changed in years. At both ends you are on Band 13 which has added a few miles of distance between the 2 points. Until it loses the signal. For some reason they don't allow roaming in this corridor on rogers.

Nothing with you. this is with a variety of phones.

D.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavesBB View Post
    That area is exactly as described, as you get a few miles away from 240th going east, IT will show roam on Band 2 on Rogers, but not allow a call until you are passing Silverdale, and get back on band 13.. This hasn't changed in years. At both ends you are on Band 13 which has added a few miles of distance between the 2 points. Until it loses the signal. For some reason they don't allow roaming in this corridor on rogers.

Nothing with you. this is with a variety of phones.

D.
    Thanks for the info. So when West of 240th and somewhat East of Silverdale, you're on Band 13 which allows calls. When in between, as stated, you're on Band 2 - Rogers which although indicates "roaming", does not allow calls. Interesting enough, I reported this years ago without any form of response and you would think after this amount of time, it would have been addressed. I know in past, if the "Home" network though the signal was strong enough (fringe area), it would not allow roaming or alternatively, would allow roaming but not allow calls to be placed/received. I'm wondering if it's a similar situation and why, after all this time, Shaw/Freedom are not addressing matters - since it has been reported to them?