Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Wally World Promo - 16GB/month for $40 after autopay discount

Feedback Score

New Wally World Promo - 16GB/month for $40 after autopay discount

Expires 07/11/19. Activate new line on 8GB/$50 month plan, sign up for autopay and get 8GB bonus data each month.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Guess this is the response to the recent Verizon prepaid promo.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Where do I find more info about this promo? Sounds like an excellent deal

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    https://bestmvno.com/att/att-prepaid...-for-40-month/

May have to get this...especially if there's no deprioritization!

Edit: just realized that article I linked has a link to this thread, hah..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    There was signage for this deal in a Wal-Mart (which is where I posted from). The signage for the 3 lines for $100 deal was gone and this was in its place.

The T&C is the 8GB plan. Bonus data shows up within 1 to 2 days of plan renewal. There was verbiage that Stream Saver is turned on automatically but can be turned off in account settings.

For many people this is probably a better deal than the $45 unlimited plan since you get hotspot and can turn Stream Saver off.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for multiple posts, posting on phone and can't edit.

T&C state plan can also be added to a multi-line account, account owner has to have autopay enabled. I'm guessing this will require a call to Customer Service to make sure the new line gets the bonus data if you already have a multi-line account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornos View Post
    There was signage for this deal in a Wal-Mart (which is where I posted from). The signage for the 3 lines for $100 deal was gone and this was in its place.

The T&C is the 8GB plan. Bonus data shows up within 1 to 2 days of plan renewal. There was verbiage that Stream Saver is turned on automatically but can be turned off in account settings.

For many people this is probably a better deal than the $45 unlimited plan since you get hotspot and can turn Stream Saver off.
    I'm assuming no deprioritization as well since it's the 8GB plan?

Feedback Score
    There was signage for this deal in a Wal-Mart
    Please post a photo of that sign.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    Please post a photo of that sign.
    Will post it tomorrow.

Re deprioritization, it shouldn't kick in since the threshold is normally 22GB. I suppose there might be an issue if there is more than 6GB of rollover but, in general, deprioritization doesn't seem to be a major issue anyways.

Feedback Score
    Went to a Walmart in Houston. No sing and the lady didn’t know anything about it. Maybe they haven’t gotten the info yet...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c47v3770 View Post
    Went to a Walmart in Houston. No sing and the lady didn’t know anything about it. Maybe they haven’t gotten the info yet...
    I stopped at a different Wal-Mart this evening and they still had the 3 lines/$100 promo stuff up. Told a salesperson about the 16GB promo at the other store and he didn't know anything about it. He also said that other store is bigger and they may get stuff before his store does. That is true and there were several clues. That was the first Wal-Mart I've seen with two self checkout sections, one at each end of the store. Their AT&T Prepaid section was also much bigger. Most stores seem to have shrunk their AT&T Prepaid sections down to a ~18" Plan-o-Gram section; the store with the 16GB promo had an AT&T Prepaid section around 3-4 feet wide with all the phones on the floor. TBH I doubt the 16GB promo signage I saw would fit the "standard" AT&T Prepaid display.

Tomorrow I'll be heading back to the area where the Wal-Mart with the promo is. Should have taken the pic yesterday but didn't since I assumed the promo had rolled out everywhere. It makes sense the the next promo would be bonus data since 1) the last two promos were unlimited data plans ($45/$65 and 3 lines), and 2) like kevink1 said, Verizon is doing the bonus data thing.

Feedback Score
    I stopped at a different Wal-Mart this evening and they still had the 3 lines/$100 promo stuff up. Told a salesperson about the 16GB promo at the other store and he didn't know anything about it. He also said that other store is bigger and they may get stuff before his store does. That is true and there were several clues. That was the first Wal-Mart I've seen with two self checkout sections, one at each end of the store. Their AT&T Prepaid section was also much bigger. Most stores seem to have shrunk their AT&T Prepaid sections down to a ~18" Plan-o-Gram section; the store with the 16GB promo had an AT&T Prepaid section around 3-4 feet wide with all the phones on the floor. TBH I doubt the 16GB promo signage I saw would fit the "standard" AT&T Prepaid display.

Tomorrow I'll be heading back to the area where the Wal-Mart with the promo is. Should have taken the pic yesterday but didn't since I assumed the promo had rolled out everywhere. It makes sense the the next promo would be bonus data since 1) the last two promos were unlimited data plans ($45/$65 and 3 lines), and 2) like kevink1 said, Verizon is doing the bonus data thing.
    Speaking of this plan. Did it state if you had to buy a phone to get the plan or could anyone just buy a SIM card to get it also? Just want to know before making another trip. A Walmart on my way home still had the 3/100 signs up and knew nothing about the 16 GB plan

Feedback Score
    Promo is not Walmart exclusive. It is on AT&T prepaid main page today.

Feedback Score
    Yes, back at store and have pics but the link at AT&T is better proof:

https://www.att.com/prepaid/double-data-offer.html

Feedback Score
    Yes, back at store and have pics but the link at AT&T is better proof:

https://www.att.com/prepaid/double-data-offer.html
    Niiiice! I may have to leave T-Mobile now, hah!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast