Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: New Wally World Promo - 16GB/month for $40 after autopay discount

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ported wife from Cricket to the 8 & 8 bonus data plan. Took contacting 4 AT&T stores to find one that agreeded Cricket port ins were eligible. They handled the autopay and the total was $42.xx with tax etc. Already had a sim which they couldn’t make work and replaced for free.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Budsdad View Post
    Ported wife from Cricket to the 8 & 8 bonus data plan. Took contacting 4 AT&T stores to find one that agreeded Cricket port ins were eligible. They handled the autopay and the total was $42.xx with tax etc. Already had a sim which they couldn’t make work and replaced for free.
    My non-corporate ATT store worked.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4, Samsung J7 Neo.
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Page Plus, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the data to start drawing from the bonus data? The bonus data was just added today but it's still drawing from the main data bucket.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is there any way to go from Prepaid to Prepaid?
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Koodo: $40/8GB w/ 1000 International Minutes
    Telus: $60/15GB+1GB Bonus Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Is there any way to go from Prepaid to Prepaid?
    You mean change from ATT Prepaid to ATT Prepaid? There is no go to in this case. And you also can't get the bonus data.
    I did the option of moving to Verizon Prepaid for their 8+7GB plan (I rushed before it expired, so I missed the 8+8 plan).

If you move away, then at some point you can move back to ATT Prepaid as a new customer and get it if still offered.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I moved from ATT prepaid to Wing Alpha [they have some pretty low $ plan] and you don't have to stay a full month.

They sent me a free sim.

Then, I came back to ATT prepaid as a new customer.

Device(s)
    something free
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for your help, folks. On Tuesday I switched my four Cricket lines to ATT Prepaid. I did it at a corporate store here in Seattle. The whole process took about an hour. The rep did the lines directly from Cricket to ATT line by line. She set up the account individually with auto pay.. Free SIMs. Total was 44.99/line with sales tax.

The transfer was painless. Every time she entered one into her system, I got a notification of an account change about two minutes later. I'd then pop in the new sim, restart, and make a call. The smart (lucky, actually) thing I did was to port my line (the account master line) last -- that way I got the account change texts from Cricket for all of them except mine (because Cricket closes your account immediately after you port the line). That let me know when the transfer went through.

A couple points to note: She said I couldn't combine them for the group save until next month but that I could do this next month online. That was a bummer because it meant I'd be paying $40 (+tax) more in total the first month. I didn't argue the point, but when I got home I created accounts for each line on the paygo site, then "invited" each of those lines to my group plan. I then logged in to the web with each of those accounts and "accepted" the invites.

It worked immediately AND I was credited the "extra" payment from each account to my account. Which means next month's bill has a $40 credit on it against a $120 bill. Basically it came out close to perfect (I paid about $4 more in tax than I should have but it was easy) and next month I'll use refills to skip the sales tax.

Oh, and the 8gb bonus data for all four accounts showed up today. Yay.
    Last edited by yellowdog; 06-07-2019 at 04:56 PM. Reason: added bonus data amount

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by femuse View Post
    I moved from ATT prepaid to Wing Alpha [they have some pretty low $ plan] and you don't have to stay a full month.

They sent me a free sim.

Then, I came back to ATT prepaid as a new customer.
    How long did you take to come back?

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    You mean change from ATT Prepaid to ATT Prepaid? There is no go to in this case. And you also can't get the bonus data.
    I did the option of moving to Verizon Prepaid for their 8+7GB plan (I rushed before it expired, so I missed the 8+8 plan).

If you move away, then at some point you can move back to ATT Prepaid as a new customer and get it if still offered.
    What if i were to move out and move back in same day? like move to T-Mobile Prepaid, then same day move back to AT&T on a new line / account.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    How long did you take to come back?
    I stayed one month - thinking I may like it - I did not. [problems on ATT network - I had to CHAT in order to know how much data I had left / SPRINT network has better customer service]

But I had paid $55 [$59.65 with Taxes & Fees] for 22 GB, so I used it all.

You can check their plans, they have some very low ones, so you can leave nearly anytime and you won't waste much.

I went back to ATT very easily, by phone [closest store is 45 miles]

I received my xtra 8 GB as promised.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What if i were to move out and move back in same day? like move to T-Mobile Prepaid, then same day move back to AT&T on a new line / account.
    I am going to try the same in about 3 or 4 days. I already have the T-mobile Sim.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the data to start drawing from the bonus data? The bonus data was just added today but it's still drawing from the main data bucket.
    I believe it will start drawing from the bonus shortly after applied. It did the same to me after a bit until it drew from the bonus going forward.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    my plan started on 4 June:

it started right away to draw on data plan, and stopped drawing on it 7 Jun

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10