Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you get started on PP?

Feedback Score

How do you get started on PP?

I ordered the sim kit and verified my phone will work on PP. It seems they won't sell you a paygo card unless you already have an account with them so how do you get started after receiving the sim?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There are no "accounts." You can have a login ID and password that shows a few basic details about your phone number (after it's already active) but being logged in with this ID and password has no bearing on service at all.

You have to either buy a pin for the calling plan you want to use (from PP directly or from an outside dealer such as callingmart) and port in using that activation pin, or you might be able to purchase and pay for a pin directly from PP during the porting process. I'm not sure if they offer that option. Just click the "activate" tab on the home page.

Feedback Score
    They won't sell you a paygo card unless you put in you PP phone # and of course you won't have a PP phone # until you activate and you can't activate without paying for service. It seems I can't purchase a $10 paygo directly from PP until I have a PP phone number. It looks like I have to buy a paygo card from someplace like Callingmart and have it ready to go when I activate. BTW what are some of the dealers that sell PP cards. Walmart or Bestbuy?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've purchased pins directly from PP without entering a phone number, but I guess they changed that section of their website. If you don't want to buy from a third party dealer, just port in. If the number has never been on PP before, they will likely still give you a $2 credit just to try out the service. They may have stopped doing that as well, so I'm not sure and I can't guarantee they'll give you a free $2 credit, but I'm confident that if you port in first, you'll be fine.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    I've purchased pins directly from PP without entering a phone number, but I guess they changed that section of their website. If you don't want to buy from a third party dealer, just port in. If the number has never been on PP before, they will likely still give you a $2 credit just to try out the service. They may have stopped doing that as well, so I'm not sure and I can't guarantee they'll give you a free $2 credit, but I'm confident that if you port in first, you'll be fine.
    The $2 activation credit for PPC stopped almost FIVE years ago! Why would you post something like that, even if saying "I can't guarantee", without checking to see if it is still accurate!?

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You can buy a paygo card/pin at Walgreens.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The $2 activation credit for PPC stopped almost FIVE years ago! Why would you post something like that, even if saying "I can't guarantee", without checking to see if it is still accurate!?
    Because they never update their website, so why would I bother checking it, when the source I'd check is almost guaranteed to be inaccurate?!!! What difference does it make really?! I thought maybe it was possible, so I mentioned it. Does it actually change the answer to the main question in this thread? I don't think it does at all. Maybe next time I'll just let you help everyone who asks a question and I'll stay out of it.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Because they never update their website, so why would I bother checking it, when the source I'd check is almost guaranteed to be inaccurate?!!! What difference does it make really?! I thought maybe it was possible, so I mentioned it. Does it actually change the answer to the main question in this thread? I don't think it does at all. Maybe next time I'll just let you help everyone who asks a question and I'll stay out of it.
    That's okay. I really was just wondering!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ces1948 View Post
    I ordered the sim kit and verified my phone will work on PP. It seems they won't sell you a paygo card unless you already have an account with them so how do you get started after receiving the sim?
    When I activated my last phone on PP back in November and another in December it allowed me to purchase whatever plan I wanted during the activation process, including a Pay Go plan. Going back years for any phone I've activated it does the plan add you want during the online activation process. Unless they've changed something recently. Have you even gone through the online activation process ?

As a side note, in the future, instead of going through buying/mailing a SIM from PP, just pick up a Tracfone BYOD SIM kit from Best Buy ($1) or wherever. Use the Trac/Vzw SIM. Same as the PP SIM you got. Didn't the PP SIM you got say Tracfone on it ?

Feedback Score
    BTW what are some of the dealers that sell PP cards. Walmart or Bestbuy?
    Retail stores that sold refill cards used to be listed on the PP website as Dealers. They no longer list stores that only sell cards. They never were common in my area, being found at places like convenience stores.

Are you wanting to port over an existing phone number, or use a new number?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Retail stores that sold refill cards used to be listed on the PP website as Dealers. They no longer list stores that only sell cards. They never were common in my area, being found at places like convenience stores.

Are you wanting to port over an existing phone number, or use a new number?
    I'm going to port in.

Feedback Score
    CallingMart?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    I'm going to port in.
    You will need the present account number and password/PIN. Account has to be active.

https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...find-your.html

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Go to Pageplus and choose Activate and walk through the process.

Feedback Score
    I did go through the process and am now waiting for the port in to complete. I purchased a $10 paygo card while activating and for a minute I didn't think the purchase went through as it just went back to the payment page. I almost sent the purchase through again and then received a receipt via e-mail. There was no page showing that everything was in progress so I ended up chatting with support to verify the service was set up. I was told that it would take 3 hours for the port to complete and when I asked how would I know he said I would need to contact them again. All in all it was a pretty half ***** effort from a company that has been in this business for many years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast