Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Twigby - Google Voice - increase ring time?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,477
    Feedback Score
    0

    Question Twigby - Google Voice - increase ring time?

    I am using Google Voice. When people dial my number they either immediately get the voicemail from Twigby and sometimes Google voice. the phone sometimes rings, but other times it never rings and they just get the voicemail.

    Anyway to increase the ring time?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    58
    Feedback Score
    0
    No, Google Voice's ring time is fixed (somewhere between 24s and 30s) and it's voicemail will pick up the call if the forwarding devices/phones fail to answer. Your option is to make sure Twigby's ring time is shorter enough so that Twigby's voicemail will pick up the call before Google Voice's. But that is not bulletproof. Say, you are already on a long call on Twigby (forwarded from Google Voice or direct Twigby call) and someone calls your Google Voice number at the same time. Since the Twigby cellphone is busy, Google Voice's voicemail will answer it after the fixed ring time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,477
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ah ok. Is there any way to assist the ring time of twigby? It works most of the time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,824
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBoost View Post
    Ah ok. Is there any way to assist the ring time of twigby? It works most of the time.
    You could try asking Twigby. They might be able to increase the ring time. Sprint can do it for postpaid customers so it's at least technically possible. AFAIK, there's no way for customers to do it themselves on Sprint or Sprint MVNOs.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 04-15-2019 at 11:44 AM. Reason: typo
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    58
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes, it can only be done by the carriers. Another thing to check is the lag time between Google Voice calling Twigby and your Twigby phone actually ringing. You need a second phone to make the call (to your Google Voice number). We are making the assumption that Google Voice starts it ring count at the moment it calls Twigby. Check the lag time on different time of the day. I don't know if the Twigby phone is busy doing something else or not plays a role here but worth to check it out too. Have fun.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,477
    Feedback Score
    0
    So I need twigby to increase their ring time to at least 31 seconds so it's longer then Google voice at 24-30 seconds reliably?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    58
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBoost View Post
    So I need twigby to increase their ring time to at least 31 seconds so it's longer then Google voice at 24-30 seconds reliably?
    You don't want to do that. I believe all carriers send the calls to voicemail directly when the cell phone is off and you still end up with messages in two voicemail systems. And if you didn't set up Twigby's voicemail, I think Twigby, like other carriers I know, will play a message equivalent to something like "... voicemail system is not setup …". The end result is the caller will never be able to leave you a message because Google Voice thinks the call has already been answered (by Twigby).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,824
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    You don't want to do that. I believe all carriers send the calls to voicemail directly when the cell phone is off and you still end up with messages in two voicemail systems. And if you didn't set up Twigby's voicemail, I think Twigby, like other carriers I know, will play a message equivalent to something like "... voicemail system is not setup …". The end result is the caller will never be able to leave you a message because Google Voice thinks the call has already been answered (by Twigby).
    If Twigby supports conditional call forwarding (I think they do) that's the best way to insure that all unanswered calls go to Google Voice voicemail.
    Dial *73 followed by your 10 digit Google Voice number to forward unanswered calls to Google Voice.
    Dial *74 followed by your 10 digit Google Voice number to forward calls to Google Voice when your number is busy.
    Dial *730 to cancel unanswered call forwarding
    Dial *740 to cancel unanswered busy forwarding

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,477
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    If Twigby supports conditional call forwarding (I think they do) that's the best way to insure that all unanswered calls go to Google Voice voicemail.
    Dial *73 followed by your 10 digit Google Voice number to forward unanswered calls to Google Voice.
    Dial *74 followed by your 10 digit Google Voice number to forward calls to Google Voice when your number is busy.
    Dial *730 to cancel unanswered call forwarding
    Dial *740 to cancel unanswered busy forwarding
    *73 and *74 gets a recording saying the featured code entered is not valid

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,477
    Feedback Score
    0
    I found this on the sprint website. I'm not sure what the difference is. Should I try *72? 73 and 74 don't seem to work with Twigby.

    How do I set up call forwarding?
    Unconditional call forwarding: Dial *72 from your Sprint phone.
    Conditional call forwarding:
    No answer: Dial *73 from your Sprint phone.
    Busy: Dial *74 from your Sprint phone.
    Consecutive call forwarding: Contact your Sprint Account Manager

Similar Threads

  1. Cricket & Google Voice voicemail; increase ring time
    By JesseKnows in forum Cricket/AIO
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-13-2014, 01:07 AM
  2. increase ring time on K790a
    By Meeksology in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 11:02 PM
  3. Increase ring time
    By sliderking in forum Motorola Modding
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 10:10 PM
  4. increase ringing time before voicemail on chocolate
    By bngu1 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 08:11 PM
  5. Increase ring time
    By sliderking in forum Motorola
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 05:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks