Thread: comparing Verizon 8 + 7 gb plan with new ATT double promo 16gb plan

Feedback Score

comparing Verizon 8 + 7 gb plan with new ATT double promo 16gb plan

ATT Prepaid starting new promo right as Verizon winds winds down 8 + 7gb promo.

ATT Plan includes Hotspot, HD video, Rollover Data, and Canada/Mexico roaming.

This offer may be better for some people. The previous $45 unlimited promo didn't include hotspot or HD video. This might be the best price right now for fully unthrottled service. Metro has a $40 10GB plan without hotspot and HD video.
    So possible to have 24gb per month (16gb + 8gb rollover).

ATT Offer ends in stores at participating locations on 7/11/2019 and online on 7/4/19. Requires activation & payment of new line of service on $50 monthly plan (by offer end date) and AutoPay enrollment by 7/11/19. To receive bonus data each month, you must remain on the $50 Monthly Plan and be enrolled in AutoPay. Once qualifications have been met, bonus data will be applied to customer’s account within 3 days after activation and within 2 days after each qualified renewal. Multi-Line members are eligible as long as account owner is enrolled in AutoPay. Bonus data is used before plan data and does not roll over.
    So ATT Prepaid has roaming in Canada / Mexico, plus rollover, and is $5 cheaper.

Verizon 8+7gb plan costs $5 more ($45 Verizon vs $40 ATT w/ auto-pay), no roaming in Mexico / Canada, and no rollover.

I have a couple months of credit to use up on Verizon before I can move over... but this is very tempting. Any one can think of any reasons not to move over?

Feedback Score
    If youíre on auto pay, can your monthly bill be paid for my wireless refill cards?

Iím on Verizon prepaid but not autopay because I assumed Iíd be charged $50.00 + taxes, but if I use refill cards from EBay I pay $0.00 in taxes and buy the refill cards at around a 40% discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c_l_phillips72 View Post
    If you’re on auto pay, can your monthly bill be paid for my wireless refill cards?

I’m on Verizon prepaid but not autopay because I assumed I’d be charged $50.00 + taxes, but if I use refill cards from EBay I pay $0.00 in taxes and buy the refill cards at around a 40% discount.

Great question... I'm not familiar with AT&T prepaid so I really don't know.

EDIT: it looks like you can use refills and not pay taxes, just like Verizon: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ce-and-Autopay

EDIT 2: it looks like ATT also has the credit expiration that the old Verizon plans once had too, lol: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...efill-Question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    I also noticed that the EBay discounts for ATT cards arenít nearly as big. I usually pay $24.00 for a $40.00 card, and since Iím on the $50 Verizon double data plan sometimes I have to buy 2 cards. ATT cards were like $35 for the $40 card, so not nearly the same savings.

Iíd kind of like to switch to ATT though since I use DirecTv Now and watching that on their network doesnít count against your data limit.

At this point though, I still donít think itís worth the switch.

Feedback Score

EDIT: it looks like you can use refills and not pay taxes, just like Verizon: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ce-and-Autopay

EDIT 2: it looks like ATT also has the credit expiration that the old Verizon plans once had too, lol: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...efill-Question
    Interesting, but still the EBay discounts arenít the same. Not sure why.

Feedback Score
    Interesting, but still the EBay discounts aren’t the same. Not sure why.

Good point, but hard to say how long eBay discounts may last...

Feedback Score
    Good point, but hard to say how long eBay discounts may last...
    True

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    If youíre on auto pay, can your monthly bill be paid for my wireless refill cards?

Iím on Verizon prepaid but not autopay because I assumed Iíd be charged $50.00 + taxes, but if I use refill cards from EBay I pay $0.00 in taxes and buy the refill cards at around a 40% discount.

You will have a credit card on file but Verizon will use your balance before your CC and no taxes will be charged as long as you have a balance. Trust me, I was skeptical as well but it's been going well the last two months.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icdvtrvt View Post
    You will have a credit card on file but Verizon will use your balance before your CC and no taxes will be charged as long as you have a balance. Trust me, I was skeptical as well but it's been going well the last two months.

Interesting. Thatís good news, as I think that would save me another $5.00/month!

Canít beat paying $27.00 for $50.00 service!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icdvtrvt View Post

Thanks for info, I was leary too of doing but gonna set it up tommorrow.

Thanks,

Ian B

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

This is exactly why the Verizon promo offers more value to me. Those eBay cards are awesome.

iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    The other difference with this att plan is you get rollover data with it unless Verizon it doesnít include rollover. Not sure if thatís important to some but definitely a nice deal tho. The bonus does not rollover but the bonus is used first before plan/rollover data. So you may actually rollover prob over 20 gigs which is amazing for this plan IMO

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I am currently on the 8 GB ATT $50 / I pay $40.50 with AutoPay: fees may vary by State.

We need service mostly for Hotspot. Must be on Verizon or ATT network.

I would like to know which plan is best for me:
    Verizon [8 + 7] or ATT [16 GB] ?

With the ATT 8 GB, we run out of data after 20 days, then get 5 Kbps speed.

Can I sign-up for this new ATT 16 GB plan even though they mention << Activate new line >>

If they mean that I will get a new number: I don't care, if that gets me 8 GB more.

If I have to come from another provider, I was thinking about signing-up for a month on Wing Alpha Unlimited Data Plan [ 22 GB / $65],
    then come back to ATT as a new customer.

New post on Howard:
    will that limit be a concern ?

https://www.howardforums.com/attachm...1&d=1555341794

Any ideas about that ?
    Thanks in advance for your help